Season Ticket refund

But how would the club have know that there would be issues from those buying ST's in the RRE about the drum. ... can AH read minds ???? The club was contacted to confirm the rumours that Josh had moved. Straight away the club posted on the OB for him to contact them. He did and the club announced in on the OB he was moving.

No but he can read emails....alot of people complained about the drum last year.... Now if I was Mr Hardy I would of been working on a solution to this problem from January....not May.....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AH has assured them that the drummer will have to be in the closest block to the away fans (I) and if there are complaints that he will have to re-locate back to the chaddy end.

The answer....and its a REALLY simple one....ban it.....

Do the right thing and get rid of it OAFC.....

Yeah, dead simple. I may be missing something here, but don't away fans bring drums?

Back the drum - back the team - let's get involved and let's have some spirit. He said he's going to work with the fans - well let's work with him. Last year was piss poor for those of us who wanted to sing, bloody ten of us at the back of the upper and a few others - hardly anybody else joining in. What the hell is the matter? For me a big part of footy is the supporters being shoulder to shoulder in the stands and being as one - please don't let next season be another grumpy affair...

Yeah, dead simple. I may be missing something here, but don't away fans bring drums?

Back the drum - back the team - let's get involved and let's have some spirit. He said he's going to work with the fans - well let's work with him. Last year was piss poor for those of us who wanted to sing, bloody ten of us at the back of the upper and a few others - hardly anybody else joining in. What the hell is the matter? For me a big part of footy is the supporters being shoulder to shoulder in the stands and being as one - please don't let next season be another grumpy affair...

Aye shoulder to shoulder as one................... without a drum!

Aye shoulder to shoulder as one................... without a drum!

Where you sat Lags? What happens when the MK Dons fans (and others) bring their drum and plonk themselves in the C? We're drowned out...

Edited by rummytheowl

Completely Sad not buying tickets because of a drum.

Its a bloody footy match.

If you dont want to heard drums and chanting then dont bother coming. Prob some of the boo boys.

God i hope the RRE is not full of all the boo boys from the ford stand. I remember sitting in there for 3 years and it was so dipressing.

Yeah...but I dont sit with the away supporters....anyway...sod the away supporter...ban them as well!!!

As mentioned on here, best solution is to have the drum on the very front row of the A,

It works for blackburn and he wont be directly sat next to anyone.

Dont put the drum anywhere near the top of the I. Please! lol

As mentioned on here, best solution is to have the drum on the very front row of the A,

Kyle, if you are in the I next year there's every chance of the away teams drum banging out its support just over the channel in the C block.

Yeah...but I dont sit with the away supporters....anyway...sod the away supporter...ban them as well!!!

You ain't in the RRE next season then?

Edited by rummytheowl

Your right....sit in the row in front of the drum and its extermly loud....sit behind it and it isnt as harsh......

The lad still reminds me of a little boy on christmas day running around banging his drum....time to grow up i feel....:D

Edited by oafc0000

Your right....sit in the row in front of the drum and its extermly loud....sit behind it and it isnt as harsh......

The lad still reminds me of a little boy on christmas day running around banging his drum....time to grow up i feel....:D

I

have spoken with him when he first started his drumming campaign and even offered to buy him lessons lol.

I don’t dislike the lad after all he's a young Latics fan wanting to get behind the team, I think with common sense this debate can be put to bed.

Front row or nothing lol

If he is adamant in sitting next to others who don’t share his banging obsession then let him and his dad deal with the consequences.

Which we're told he has done.

.... he is going to be mature and proffessional about it next season and try to please everyone (if that is actually possible)

People commented on how they thought the drum was excellent at Crewe this season and Josh knows exactly what he did differently and he is prepared to do exactly what he did there.

Sounds like it's time to give him a fair hearing, instead of banging on about what might never happen.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Where you sat Lags? What happens when the MK Dons fans (and others) bring their drum and plonk themselves in the C? We're drowned out...

Sat in RRE. If the away team brings a drum...ban it. What I find amazing all those in favour of a drum all seem to say it's the moaners or the boo boys who want the drum nowhere near them, this makes their argument very weak as they don't know me and I am one that wants it as far away as possible. Two reasons, it will ruin my old mans day and two I cannot be doing with it.

Edited by Lags

Sat in RRE. If the away team brings a drum...ban it. What I find amasing all those in favour of a drum all seem to say it's the moaners or the boo boys who want the drum nowhere near them, this makes their argument very weak as they don't know me and I am one that wants it as far away as possible. Two reasons, it will ruin my old mans day and two I cannot be doing with it.

I agree with lags its not just your stereotypical moaners who don’t like the drum.

I love football grounds when I am being part of an intimidating atmosphere and I have been to grounds all over the UK and abroad just for the 'crack' so to speak, but even as a 25 year old I hate poxy drums, especially when there played consistently and located within 10 seats of you.

I would rather fireworks and flares!

However i bought one of those hooter things at wembley the other week and i can play that quite badly if we want to start a competition? lol

I was only thinking earlier today about getting a few of us together and sitting behind the drummer with air horns one match then behind his dad the next. We'll see who likes it then.

Now Im up for that......"stop moaning...your at the football match!!!....you can always move!!!"....priceless :D

Edited by oafc0000

Considering my stance is not correlating the boo-boys with the drum protesters, I find the last couple of posts suggesting as such a straw man argument - so have another go.

Bring the air horns too Lags, the more noise the better - but isn't that exactly what you don't want?

Give the lad a chance and join in...

Considering my stance is not correlating the boo-boys with the drum protesters, I find the last couple of posts suggesting as such a straw man argument - so have another go.

Bring the air horns too Lags, the more noise the better - but isn't that exactly what you don't want?

You dont seem to listen to my main point. My old fella will not enjoy the drum one iota. Not under any circumstance and that bothers me. Or given I dont feel I should be run around the ground by one lad with a drum are you now going to say find another way other than my choosen way to spend time with my Dad?. Ok so you dont lump the drum issue with the moaners, try reading the thread see how many fors use that assumption and then come back with your straw man comment. It does make me laugh being likened to a straw man.

Aye it's exactly what I don't want, and oddly I'll wager niether will the drummer nor his Dad. Oh and I dont need a drum to join in.

You dont seem to listen to my main point. My old fella will not enjoy the drum one iota. Not under any circumstance and that bothers me. Or given I dont feel I should be run around the ground by one lad with a drum are you now going to say find another way other than my choosen way to spend time with my Dad?. Ok so you dont lump the drum issue with the moaners, try reading the thread see how many fors use that assumption and then come back with your straw man comment. It does make me laugh being likened to a straw man.

You main point is that you don't want to let the drum ruin your Dad's day - am I correct?

Am I also correct that it is due to the noise issue? (air horns lol)

I didn't say you are a straw man.

Since you quoted me back here , I felt compelled to prove that this statement

What I find amasing all those in favour of a drum all seem to say it's the moaners or the boo boys who want the drum nowhere near them

was not a clear picture of what was going on. I said the stance of lumping together the boo-boys and the drum protesters together, is mereley arguing against a position which is created specifically to be easy to argue against. That's called a straw man argument.

I've already dealt with that issue by posting you aren't lumping the drum amd moaners together however, a good number are. So post back and acknowledge that fact instead of tryin to correct me more than once. Any one particular issue at any given time you will not please the world, however when an issue is so divisive and indeed I feel more against than for, then the sensible thing is to go with the flow.

EDIT: I did origanally spell amazing wrong which I edited. I am not the worlds best speller in fact it's a very poor point of mine. So all them wondering what amasing means it's amazing.

Edited by Lags

Where have I corrected you more than once for the same point? I've read it again, and my last entry was to explain what a straw man argument was, and not you being called one! I wasn't beating you with the same stick, I had to use the example again.

So no, I will not post back whatever it is you want me to say....

Edited by rummytheowl