Season Ticket refund

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

One spot in BP, everywhere else the drum is banned. Seems a simple way of solving things.

That ship has sailed for this year in my eyes.... You have people with RRE STs and Chaddy STs that dont want it.... You would need to put him in a corner on his own....which gets my vote......or better still the main stand which would be very funny.... Alan Hardy said he likes the drum....well he can sit next to Alan then :lol:

Edited by oafc0000

Im not getting a season ticket next season unless the crowd will sit in complete silence i like to be able to watch football in peace without any racket whatsoever! I wonder if the regular England fans moan about where the band is going to be... Whatever next an atmosphere at BP!!

If you dont like the Drum there are two other stands... Discussion over! :grin:

On a serious not i can understand people not wanting to sit next to him but c'mon everyone now knows where he is sitting so if you really wanna go in the RRE move to the opposite side otherwise go in the t'other two stands... wish people would stop giving this lad stick for trying to drum up and atmosphere!! Think i sat in the Chaddy twice last year and i thought he did a a good job!

That ship has sailed for this year in my eyes.... You have people with RRE STs and Chaddy STs that dont want it.... You would need to put him in a corner on his own....which gets my vote......or better still the main stand which would be very funny.... Alan Hardy said he likes the drum....well he can sit next to Alan then :lol:

It has indeed well and truly sailed. Sadly it had after two weeks, hence why some punter has decided he doesn't want a drum in his ear at any point and has (at the best) decided to play it by a game by game basis and shift away from the drummer.

I suppose it is easy to look back and say what the club should have done, but the question of the location of the drummer only came to light when someone on here asked him where he was going (and the club then asked).

All we can do is learn from it and next season put him in one block* alone. Be that the Chaddy or the RRE, so long as people know where he is they can make an informed decision. Something they have struggled to do this season.

*And to me, it should be to one side of a stand as alot of people like to remain in the same stand, but hate the drum. Hence they can go to the other side of the stand.

Of what? Mick Harris impressions?

someone should really notify the club or mr hardy of all this heated debate about this drum,like has been said it sounds decent from distance,not sat next to you,or within 6ft of you.

if it is seriously causing people to reconsider whether to buy a season ticket or not,then the club should be aware and make a statement over it,or move him to infront of the police box!!

Guest oa_exile
someone should really notify the club or mr hardy

Since Mr Hardy is an OWTB Member I would assume he has read the threads :wink:

Since Mr Hardy is an OWTB Member I would assume he has read the threads :wink:

The club are aware of the issue. As OS said, it wasn't on anybody's radar and they have made several moves to try and make the best of it since then. Live and learn I suppose.

Why not put the drum at the front of the RRE away from everyone, instead of putting him in amongst the crowd...im sure they do this at other clubs. Then the drum is there but not right in everyones faces/ears. Surely even the real anti drum people can tolerate it from a fair distance. I cant imagine anyone has bought their season tickets right at the front where they will get wet.

Well next season is going to be completely different to previous seasons with the drum...Josh has said to me he's read the posts on OWTB and giving it thought he can understand everyones point of view. Therefore...he will play the drum only when needed and not constand banging, he will also try to keep a good rhythm etc as many people have made points about his 'lack of rhythm'...basically, he is going to be mature and proffessional about it next season and try to please everyone (if that is actually possible)

I say the above because I don't want people to not renew/purchase a season ticket next season because they think it will be another 'pain in the ear' week in week out...because it won't.

People commented on how they thought the drum was excellent at Crewe this season and Josh knows exactly what he did differently and he is prepared to do exactly what he did there.

I hope this stops people from not renewing season tickets because it saddens me and I'm sure other fans to see/hear of people not buying ST's next season.

That sounds very promising to me. Along with a bit of common sense (from everybody) about where he sits/stands and how he drums I would like to think there is a solution that will satisfy all but the most vehement drum-haters.

I got my season ticket in the RRE early doors, I've voiced my concerns if Josh turns out to be very close, and I have no intention of moving ... however, there is no way on this earth that the furore created over this would lead me to even consider asking for a refund (or even a move). Having announced as much on the official site, the drum absolutely should be in the RRE, and I have every faith both in Josh and the club that any problems will be resolved amicably before they get even close to being the almighty great crisis that some people seem to be expecting/trying to create.

I can understand anybody not wanting to be within a few rows/seats of the drum, but calling for it to be banned altogether is, in my humble opinion, a ridiculous overreaction.

I can understand anybody not wanting to be within a few rows/seats of the drum, but calling for it to be banned altogether is, in my humble opinion, a ridiculous overreaction.

Come on garcon it wouldnt be OAFC without overreactions!!!:)

Come on garcon it wouldnt be OAFC without overreactions!!!:)

True enough! :lol:

I think (hope) the club has realised over any number of 'issues' that it is entirely impossible to please everybody, and that to try to is foolish. :wink:

Anyone see a pattern....

Put him in the RRE....people arent happy....

Put him in the chaddy....people arent happy....

The answer....and its a REALLY simple one....ban it.....

The fact is I dont really think people are going to get upset and start thinking of not coming if there is no drum but people are clearly unhappy about the drum staying.

Its doing more harm than good.

Furthermore....im very rarely critical of the club like some people are but they have scored an own goal. They annouce two weeks after ST go on sale that the drum will be in the RRE (after people have bought tickets).....if people complain then it will go back in the chaddy....so if you bought a ticket for the chaddy to escape it then your plan has been foiled....so in short....unless your going to go in the main stand you stand a resonable chance of having the bloody thing next to you......crazy......

The drum is a very recent addition and on the few occasions it has been behind me its ruined the game. Luckly he was shifted back to the other side of that section...near the people that stand up....but during that game I had to move because I already have bad earing....a drum is much harsher sound than people singing.....if i had to do that every game it would certainly factor in my decision to attend games....i come to the football to enjoy myself and sing....not have that bloody thing in my ear....and I have sat in that area of the ground for about ten years and i dont see why I should move to accomdate something to offends so many people!!!

Do the right thing and get rid of it OAFC.....

But how would the club have know that there would be issues from those buying ST's in the RRE about the drum. ... can AH read minds ???? The club was contacted to confirm the rumours that Josh had moved. Straight away the club posted on the OB for him to contact them. He did and the club announced in on the OB he was moving.

Well next season is going to be completely different to previous seasons with the drum...Josh has said to me he's read the posts on OWTB and giving it thought he can understand everyones point of view. Therefore...he will play the drum only when needed and not constand banging, he will also try to keep a good rhythm etc as many people have made points about his 'lack of rhythm'...basically, he is going to be mature and proffessional about it next season and try to please everyone (if that is actually possible)

People commented on how they thought the drum was excellent at Crewe this season and Josh knows exactly what he did differently and he is prepared to do exactly what he did there.

This sounds like the news many have been waiting for.

Jesus all this whinning over a drum just move if its that much of a problem. Deary me is this lad the enfant d' terrible. we all know where he is sat just move its not difficult neither is it looking at it too simplistic either he ain't going to come chasing you around the ground with it is he.

It doesn't matter that he hasn't the drumming ability of Roger Taylor either

Edited by GlossopLatic

It doesn't matter that he hasn't the drumming ability of Roger Taylor either

He doesn't have the same effect on fat-bottomed girls either and, while waiting for the hammer to fall, the show must go on until he accompanies us to the sound of 'We are the Champions'. :grin:

Anyone who isn't going because of a drum is a cock. Just change stands FFS.

Totally agree. it's just an excuse of his not to not shell out. If it helps the team then i'm all for it, the fact that he's at the back is a demonstration of compromise to keep the moaners happy!

Totally agree. it's just an excuse of his not to not shell out.

I'd generally agree, but from the first post, he'd already shown that willingness. The person in question seems to have upped and left as a direct result of not knowing where LDB will be in every game next season. Although it may be hard to understand. Some people just don't go to football to get a headache.

Im sorry but if someone is not buying a season ticket because of a drum should never go and watch football again. Its a drum ffs not a heavy metal band and its for 90 mins every other week its not like its every day is it. Im sure this fella who hasn't bought a season ticket cos of the drum will be turning up when we draw Man City in the 3rd of the fa cup not giving an absolute s/h/i/t about a drum banging and also on the last day of the season when we win promotion. May i add this is just my opinion

Could your deafness have been brought on by the Ewood drum? :grin:

GUTTED!!!!

I was under the impression he was staying in the chaddy!

With that in mind me and my mate decided to have a change and get season tickets in the Rochdale road end instead.

When it came to getting them we ended up getting a few others on board and got four.

Now the drum is in our block I am gutted, I ve been sat right next to the drum before and its so irritating!! they should stick him in the corner on his own, I for one will be the first to complain if he's near me next year.

I feel mean telling him to bugger off cos he’s only a young lad and is trying his best but if he’s dead set on bringing the drum cant he stand on the concourse at the back or be placed in an extreme corner of the stand and not sat directly next to anyone either at their side, or in front or at their rear?

BAN THE DRUM in the seated area at least.