Experienced Midfield Player

It's not Mulryne. And just to be clear, I didn't say he'd played for Man U, just that he'd played at Old T. Don't know about fees - he's under contract at his current club but I don't know if they'd want a fee. Am pretty sure he's a central mid only.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile
Its not Jarrett, chron states that there are no plans to sign him

..............so I would expect him to sign anytime now then :lol:

A few stabs in the dark then.

Lee Hendrie (Sheff United) - former 'bad boy'

Michael Hughes (Coventry) - Getting on a bit.

Stephen Hughes (Coventry) - Still under contract

Matt Holland (Charlton) - OK, maybe a bit tongue in cheek... but from Bury!

Steve Watson (Sheffield Weds) - Ex Newcastle.

Rory Delap (Stoke) - Probably in demand from Championship clubs

Andrew Johnson (Barnsley) - ex WBA, holding midfielder. Would be my guess, been told he can leave Barnsley this summer.

crusoe give us some sort of clue there are hundreds of midfielders that have played at old trafford

Why's everyone hassling Crusoe for a name? We'll all find out in time who it is, if there is anyone. If it's true (as it seemed to be with COG), then Crusoe's doing everyone on here a favour by letting us know that all is going well behind the scenes and we're close to clinching more deals. If he gives away the name of a new player then he'd possibly lose the trust of his source and then not only would we not know from him if we're going to sign someone...he wouldn't either. He has nothing to gain from posting on here, he's just doing his best to keep fellow 'Tics in the loop...I know if I was him and I was privy to information I wouldn't say anything on here...it's not worth the flak you get for not relaying every single detail you know.

Lay off.

Why's everyone hassling Crusoe for a name? We'll all find out in time who it is, if there is anyone. If it's true (as it seemed to be with COG), then Crusoe's doing everyone on here a favour by letting us know that all is going well behind the scenes and we're close to clinching more deals. If he gives away the name of a new player then he'd possibly lose the trust of his source and then not only would we not know from him if we're going to sign someone...he wouldn't either. He has nothing to gain from posting on here, he's just doing his best to keep fellow 'Tics in the loop...I know if I was him and I was privy to information I wouldn't say anything on here...it's not worth the flak you get for not relaying every single detail you know.

Lay off.

Shut it.

Come on Crusoe - who is it?

When you said he played at Old Trafford did you mean football or cricket :lol:

lighten up like were going to lose a deal by someone posting a rumour on owtb. For all we know crusoe could have had a guess were going to sign a striker and a midfielder incidently the day before we sign o grady.

he should give us a clue but not reveal

lighten up like were going to lose a deal by someone posting a rumour on owtb.

You'd be surprised who reads these places dean.

When the New stadium plans were announced a couple of years back, I posted on JK Latics the exact details of the plans (i.e. the 3-stage plan) the night before and my source was pulled in for a right carpeting after the owners saw the cat being let out of the bag before they could announce it. I in turn got a right load of earache because of that.

So I'd imagine a similar scenario for crusoe. If he were to just go and name the player, word then travels fast which could quite reasonably put any potential deal in jeapordy.

lighten up like were going to lose a deal by someone posting a rumour on owtb. For all we know crusoe could have had a guess were going to sign a striker and a midfielder incidently the day before we sign o grady.

he should give us a clue but not reveal

No we might not lose a deal but he could lose his source. Like I said, it's not his responsibility to share what he knows. And anyway, even if he gives a clue but doesn't reveal, as apparently he should (as if he has some sort of duty to do so)...you'll then just carry on with the random speculation, still with no idea who it is rather than that the second letter of his surname is in 'river' but not in 'variant'...

You'd be surprised who reads these places dean.

Quite right FMS. In fact, someone who is allegedly on holiday with his missus and a co-director, was browsing the Site only this morning!

I bet Crusoe is regretting his original post of a couple of weeks ago now. He should do like I'm doing at the moment and when you have a red-hot piece of transfer speculation that will rock this message board to the core, just keep it to yourself and don't let on that you are in the know otherwise people will just keep hounding you to spill the beans. :wink:

:grin:

Quite right FMS. In fact, someone who is allegedly on holiday with his missus and a co-director, was browsing the Site only this morning!

I bet Crusoe is regretting his original post of a couple of weeks ago now. He should do like I'm doing at the moment and when you have a red-hot piece of transfer speculation that will rock this message board to the core, just keep it to yourself and don't let on that you are in the know otherwise people will just keep hounding you to spill the beans. :wink:

So come on Crusoe - are you Alan Hardy or John Sheridan in disguise? Tommy Wright perhaps?

two things would rock this board to its core....

if we signed paul scholes.............or resigned danny boshell!!!!!