SATURDAY CANCELLATIONS

just been reading in the chron about are home game against leyton orient on dec 20th what day would people like to these type of games to be switched to a friday night or sunday???

id prefer a friday night because of athmosphere and sundays are grim also i play footy so that would clash aswell!!!!

or have i read it wrong and they are thinking about the game being switched to a totally different date/day??? B)

just been reading in the chron about are home game against leyton orient on dec 20th what day would people like to these type of games to be switched to a friday night or sunday???

id prefer a friday night because of athmosphere and sundays are grim also i play footy so that would clash aswell!!!!

or have i read it wrong and they are thinking about the game being switched to a totally different date/day??? B)

Wouldn't mind them shifting it to a Friday night as an experiment to see the resulting crowd. It is a weekend when crowds are low and it is against Orient which is never going to be a big crowd. If they shift it to a Sunday I think it very unlikely I'd make the trip as it means getting in late and not being able to have a few calming drinks as I have to be in work the next day.

Wouldn't mind them shifting it to a Friday night as an experiment to see the resulting crowd. It is a weekend when crowds are low and it is against Orient which is never going to be a big crowd. If they shift it to a Sunday I think it very unlikely I'd make the trip as it means getting in late and not being able to have a few calming drinks as I have to be in work the next day.

i think friday will bring in a bigger crowd than sundays as sunday is really with the wife day hahaha!!!!!!

police prob wont allow it tho.... :angry:

We played Port Vale on a Friday night about 7 or 8 years ago. In fact, here's a list of our home games and attendences just before each festive period...

Friday 21st Dec 2001 - Port Vale - 4317

Sat 14th December 2002 - Wigwam - 8269

Sat 20th December 2003 - QPR - 5603

Sat 11th December 2004 - Huddersfield - 8389

Sat 10th December 2005 - Swindon - 5354

Sat 23rd December 2006 - Northampton - 10207*

Sat 8th December 2007 - Doncaster - 4776

* £2 entry game

Half Man Half Biscuit didn't have a song called Friday Night And The Gates Are Low for nothing you know. Personally, I think like the Northampton game we try a £2 entry type thing again.

We played Port Vale on a Friday night about 7 or 8 years ago. In fact, here's a list of our home games and attendences just before each festive period...

* £2 entry game

Half Man Half Biscuit didn't have a song called Friday Night And The Gates Are Low for nothing you know. Personally, I think like the Northampton game we try a £2 entry type thing again.

They even had the long return of Roger Palmer at half-time in that game against Port Vale and the crowd was still that shocking. Play it on saturday!

* £2 entry game

You need to consider he fact that the Port Vale game on 21/12/2001 was a televised game which - esp on a Friday night is always gonn affect attendances.

You need to consider he fact that the Port Vale game on 21/12/2001 was a televised game which - esp on a Friday night is always gonn affect attendances.

Was it on telly? Thought the Vale game on tv was when Dowie was in charge?

It wasn't. That was 2002/2003.

Mine is as bad as your memory, Dan :blush:

Merked!

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

* £2 entry game

good idea!!!!! :grin:

* £2 entry game

I'd vote for Saturday (or Sunday) @ 2 quid. I should be back for that one! I doubt I'd be back for Friday night.

Personally, I think like the Northampton game we try a £2 entry type thing again.

If you reduce the price for the casual walk up fan to £2, I want a refund of some of my Season Ticket money. Afterall, I bought mine on the premise that it would save me money. If the club go around dropping prices willy nilly, and you consider the matches that I will not be able to attend, I may be better off financially paying on the day.

:peepwall:

Guest oa_exile
If you reduce the price for the casual walk up fan to £2, I want a refund of some of my Season Ticket money. Afterall, I bought mine on the premise that it would save me money. If the club go around dropping prices willy nilly, and you consider the matches that I will not be able to attend, I may be better off financially paying on the day.

If the club have five £2.00 games and you give me your season ticket for nowt for the games you cant attend then I will be on a good screw :)

angling.jpg

Yarr! I'm gonnas catch me a big 'un.

If the club have five £2.00 games and you give me your season ticket for nowt for the games you cant attend then I will be on a good screw :)

Oh, don't worry. There is a twenty five year waiting list for the free tickets when I can't make it to Latics, funny how no-one wants them when they are more than £2.01 isn't it?

Guest oa_exile
Oh, don't worry. There is a twenty five year waiting list for the free tickets when I can't make it to Latics, funny how no-one wants them when they are more than £2.01 isn't it?

lol :lol:

proving once and for all that fashion (ie Blades rather than studs) wins over practicality every time.

Was John Terry wearing blades when he ruined my summer? :disappointed:

Edited by martjs

sunday games are rubbish, we always get beat 2 nil in a quieter than usual hungover boundary park and i always forget its sunday then get even more depressed when i realise its not saturday. then i stub my toe on the corner of the door, ALWAYS.

SHEZ OUT.

sunday games are rubbish, we always get beat 2 nil in a quieter than usual hungover boundary park and i always forget its sunday then get even more depressed when i realise its not saturday. then i stub my toe on the corner of the door, ALWAYS.

SHEZ OUT.

good point if you do stub your toe out on the door id defo get rid off shez for that haha :angry:

SHEZ OUT.

...and I could have sworn we leathered* Donny 4-0. I was unconceivably smashed by then though, as I made a weekend of it.