• I feel Good (James Brown)
    • Seven Nation Army (White Stripes)
    • Song 2 (Blur)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I presume they are not lettered then?

They are not lettered in the article and the order in which they are listed on OWTB is different to the Chron's listing. Therefore, if they were to be lettered A to E in each category, Guns of Navarone would be B on OWTB, whereas it's A in the rarely wrong Chron. So if people want to vote for Mouldy and Guns the Chron tells them to text DA, but those looking at the OWTB official listing will text DB.

There is nothing to stop OWTB members texting their choice to 07956 088 035, in addition to voting on this site. However, there are bound to be 'Guns' votes cast for 'Samba' due to the rarely wrong Chron's misleading information. Why is nothing straightforward? I can sense another fluo yellow dubious vote allegation surfacing.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Why are all our choices for entrance music so awful? Surely we could have gone with some a bit more modern?

At least we have the token jesture of the White Stripes in the goal celebration selection.

All the choices in the poll were nominated by owtb users. with one option in each category being selected by oafc. Therefore there can be no arguments about what is in the poll, you all had the chance to nominate.

They are not lettered in the article and the order in which they are listed on OWTB is different to the Chron's listing. Therefore, if they were to be lettered A to E in each category, Guns of Navarone would be B on OWTB, whereas it's A in the rarely wrong Chron. So if people want to vote for Mouldy and Guns the Chron tells them to text DA, but those looking at the OWTB official listing will text DB.

There is nothing to stop OWTB members texting their choice to 07956 088 035, in addition to voting on this site. However, there are bound to be 'Guns' votes cast for 'Samba' due to the rarely wrong Chron's misleading information. Why is nothing straightforward? I can sense another fluo yellow dubious vote allegation surfacing.

:dead:

the simple answer to that diago is owtb members should be voting on either the owtb poll or the chronicle poll. the vot in the chron is for people who have not got internet access, or are not members of owtb. This would manipulate the poll as i have no way of knowing if an owtb member has voted in both polls. anyone who has voted twice on the chronicle vote has wasted the cost of a text because i have only counted their vote once

the simple answer to that diago is owtb members should be voting on either the owtb poll or the chronicle poll. the vot in the chron is for people who have not got internet access, or are not members of owtb. This would manipulate the poll as i have no way of knowing if an owtb member has voted in both polls. anyone who has voted twice on the chronicle vote has wasted the cost of a text because i have only counted their vote once

So that's alright then - there's no chance of vote-rigging like in Zimbabwe!

However, when Samba wins due to misplaced votes by those intending to vote for Guns, I do not promise not to quote a Hives' song title.

The intro to Saturn 5 by Inspirals may be a good idea if your gonna go down the local interest route.

nice thinking but, for coming out to, Generations would be PERFECT.

fast, upbeat, perfect to sing along to and made by local lads.

Edited by dfOAFC

nice thinking but, for coming out to, Generations would be PERFECT.

fast, upbeat, perfect to sing along to and made by local lads.

ah yeah your right, just listening to it now n it would be great! maybe it could be on next seasons poll lol

Oldham Athletic, together in conjunction with www.owtb.co.uk, the official fans forum, are giving you, the supporters the chance to vote for both the Entrance music, and the Goal Celebration music which we play at Boundary Park for each game of the coming season. Simply choose which song in each category you prefer, And nominate. Simple really.

Pick one from each group, Please familiarise yourself with all nominations before casting your vote, using the links provided.

Entrance Music

A) Dance of The Knights (The Apprentice) Here

B.) Liquidator - Harry J All stars Here

C) Hi Ho Silver Lining - Jeff Beck Here

D) Mouldy Old Dough - Lieutenant Pigeon Here

E)Fan Fare For the Common Man - Emerson, Lake and Palmer Here

Goal Celebration Music

A) Guns Of Navarone - Specials Here

B.) Samba de Janeiro - Bellini Here

C) I feel Good - James Brown Here

D) Seven Nation army - White Stripes Here

E) Song 2 - Blur Here

For me the entrance has to be to Mouldy Old Dough, this has been played as long as I can remember and is a Latics tradition and for me a reminder of the Royle years.

i just don't get the Guns of Navarone! Would much prefer the Blur song.

The intro to Saturn 5 by Inspirals may be a good idea if your gonna go down the local interest route. But i voted for Guns as as far as i know it would be unique to us and it could catch on really well at away games, as Diego suggested.

I agree, although wasn't initially impressed, I think Guns Of Navarone could catch on, if not, why not Eat My Goal by Collapsed Lung next year? As for entrance music, I've always thought we should have something with a local connection. Either Saturn 5 or Generations by Inspiral Carpets would be good (guitarist Graham Lambert is a Latics fan) or howabout Set You Free by N-Trance, their 2 main guys were from Shaw and Failsworth and formed the band whilst at Oldham College!

I agree, although wasn't initially impressed, I think Guns Of Navarone could catch on, if not, why not Eat My Goal by Collapsed Lung next year? As for entrance music, I've always thought we should have something with a local connection. Either Saturn 5 or Generations by Inspiral Carpets would be good (guitarist Graham Lambert is a Latics fan) or howabout Set You Free by N-Trance, their 2 main guys were from Shaw and Failsworth and formed the band whilst at Oldham College!

Dale Longworth of N-Trance is a massive man u fan. We were good friends for years until he confessed his liking for the scum <_<

Do we have any say on the pre 2nd half music? The 'bongo music' that Franny seems so obsessed with has surely run its course. I know its been mentioned before, but how about Keep The Faith by Bon Jovi - could be the lift the players need if we're trailing at half time.

Dale Longworth of N-Trance is a massive man u fan. We were good friends for years until he confessed his liking for the scum <_<

Spooky... I know Dale reasonably well - one of my oldest and closest friends is big mates with his brother. I even bought a couple of cars off his dad years ago...

I see Dale and Kev (the other half of N-Trance) out and about in Wilmslow occasionally. I always remind them that I moved to Wilmslow first, then they remind me that their houses are bigger than mine and they paid cash ... then I usually end up buying them a drink... (never have worked out what I'm doing wrong with that last bit... :D )