• Mouldy Old Dough (Lieutenant Pigeon)
    • FanFare for the common Man) Emerson, Lake and Palmer
  2. 2. Goal Music

• Samba de Janeiro (Bellini)
    • Guns Of Navarone (Specials)
    • I feel Good (James Brown)
    • Seven Nation Army (White Stripes)
    • Song 2 (Blur)

Can the 28 voters of Guns of Navarone please tell me what you like about it? It's absolutely awful - there's no flow, it's all over the place. :huh:

EDIT: Watching a better version, it's not entirely bad. :blush:

You're watching a poor quality live vid - that's the problem. If anyone's got an edited audio original that they could post, it would all become clear.

It's a great lively piece, and more importantly, it's NOT someone else's song like a lot of people have been suggesting we use.

Surely the celebration music should change with every goal we score during a game anyway? That would give us the opportunity to potentially use a few per game (Or 7 when we play Leeds :wink: ). It's just a matter of sorting out the preferred order.

BTW Rummy, While 'Fanfare' is not my favourite ELP track either, I've got to say that when they do (did) it live it used to make the hairs on my neck stand up - Every time I hear it I remember the fantastic ELP gigs I went to, so it has my vote for purely selfish reasons :blush:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile
BTW Rummy, While 'Fanfare' is not my favourite ELP track either, I've got to say that when they do (did) it live it used to make the hairs on my neck stand up - Every time I hear it I remember the fantastic ELP gigs I went to, so it has my vote for purely selfish reasons :blush:

This has to be the best (IMO) ELP track >>Peter Gunn<< this may have got my vote B)

Edited by oa_exile

This has to be the best (IMO) ELP track >>Peter Gunn<< this may have got my vote B)

Steve Berry on Rock Radio was asking for best and worst cover versions this morning - that's surely one of the best.

Karn Evil 9 is my favourite ELP track.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WUclxp7FxHI

Edited by outoftheblue

Good to see Mouldy Old Dough and Fanfare in the lead, clearly these two songs mean the most to Latics fans. I was torn, but went for fanfare in the end, It reminds me of my first games at ISZ and why I'm a Latics fan. Mouldy Old Dough was always played in the build up to kick off, but I reckon I could get used to it as the entrance music.

As for goal music, I'm not that bothered. How about we play a different piece for different goals -

1st goal - I feel good

2nd goal - Song 2

3rd goal - Guns of Navarone

4th goal - Dont stop me now(Queen)

5th goal - unbelievable (EMF)

6th goal onwards - The Laughing Policeman (With the sound specifically turned up in the away end).

Edited by 3 Lions

I fully agree, entrance should be Mouldy Old Dough - tradition innit, as for the goal music I would like something related to the club, or at least with a tenuous link to the club or goal, something by the Inspirals perhaps? Failing that Eat My Goal, at least it is footie related. Too many teams have James Brown and some of the other suggestions.

The intro to Saturn 5 by Inspirals may be a good idea if your gonna go down the local interest route. But i voted for Guns as as far as i know it would be unique to us and it could catch on really well at away games, as Diego suggested.

As a more "mature" Latics fan (albeit one who hasn't been to BP for 5 years) "Mouldy Old Dough" gets my vote everytime. However, as someone who doesn't like "goal music" the poll is useless to me; it won't let me vote without choosing a song from the second option. Any chance of adding a "No Song" category for after we score a goal?

It's really strange to think that a lot of people who contribute to this message board have never known a time when goals were greeted by the roar of the crowd alone!!

Eeee, them were the days!!

ive said this all along, i cant actually imagine it being good :S

i think theres enough people who dont want it as goal song, i told my mate whos a huddersfield fan, he said we'll be a laughing stock with that as goal music

maybe ... but it'll mean we scored against them.

Late entry for me would be Bonanza Ska by Carlos Malcolm, just can't find a clip to upload for your listening pleasure

Guest oa_exile
As a more "mature" Latics fan (albeit one who hasn't been to BP for 5 years) "Mouldy Old Dough" gets my vote everytime. However, as someone who doesn't like "goal music" the poll is useless to me; it won't let me vote without choosing a song from the second option. Any chance of adding a "No Song" category for after we score a goal?

It's really strange to think that a lot of people who contribute to this message board have never known a time when goals were greeted by the roar of the crowd alone!!

Eeee, them were the days!!

Goal Celebration Music

I feel Good - James Brown , even though I dont usually hear anything as I am normally going mental after we score ^_^

Well said that man B)

ive said this all along, i cant actually imagine it being good :S

i think theres enough people who dont want it as goal song, i told my mate whos a huddersfield fan, he said we'll be a laughing stock with that as goal music

I think you'll find there are more for it than against it at the mo' judging by the poll stats.

Anyway, what do Udders fans know? Like MarkOasis says, opposing fans will be too peed off about conceding a goal to laugh.

I hope I hear it 100 times a season (I'd accept something by Bloody Will Young if it meant it was played four times a game).

I vaguely recall posting on a similar thread before that the only "musical accompaniment" to a goal being scored when I were a lad, was the fans of the team who'd just conceded chanting, "You're gonna get your f%@$in' 'eads kicked in."

And, as much as I hate violence (or even the threat of violence), I'd rather hear that than a snippet of a pop song over the pa system. :wink:

Always been a bit uneasy about goal music - potentially a bit naff imo...

As a latic at the more mature end i like the fact that mouldy old dough is unique to latics and it brings back some great memories (and not so great)

Fanfare is good but again potentially cheesy in this day and age.

So Mouldy old dough and the crowd would get my vote if that was possible

Edited by eddyblue

Always been a bit uneasy about goal music - potentially a bit naff imo...

As a latic at the more mature end i like the fact that mouldy old dough is unique to latics and it brings back some great memories (and not so great)

Fanfare is good but again potentially cheesy in this day and age.

So Mouldy old dough and the crowd would get my vote if that was possible

Funny really but if it wasn't for the Latics connection "Mouldy Old Dough" wouldn't rank very highly on my list of favourite tunes, probably somewhere between "Shaddap Your Face" and "Agadoo" but it is one of the most evocative pieces of music in my life.

It takes me right back to my chidhood and discovering the joys (?!!) of supporting Oldham Athletic.

I remember coming back to England during our difficult period a few years ago. I dug out my old scratched copy and made a tape of it to play in the car. We played it over and over again on our way up to BP from my parents house in Burton on Trent for the season's opener against Brighton, a match we all thought that we'd never see.

Sorry if these seem like the ramblings of a sad old git but.........who needs "You'll Never Walk Alone" when we've got "Mouldy Old Dough"?!!!

Guest oa_exile
We played it over and over again on our way up to BP from my parents house in Burton on Trent

Are you the brother oafc_ok thought he never had ? :lol: the plot thickens :grin:

Edited by oa_exile

Good to see Mouldy Old Dough and Fanfare in the lead, clearly these two songs mean the most to Latics fans. I was torn, but went for fanfare in the end, It reminds me of my first games at ISZ and why I'm a Latics fan. Mouldy Old Dough was always played in the build up to kick off, but I reckon I could get used to it as the entrance music.

As for goal music, I'm not that bothered. How about we play a different piece for different goals -

1st goal - I feel good

2nd goal - Song 2

3rd goal - Guns of Navarone

4th goal - Dont stop me now(Queen)

5th goal - unbelievable (EMF)

6th goal onwards -The Laughing Policeman (With the sound specifically turned up in the away end).

like the last one laughing policeman Edited by boboafc

Where did the nominations for 'Hi Ho silver lining', the apprentice nonsense (that's a different version of o fortuna that i'm aware of), and that Chelsea nonsense come from as I read the nomination thread and didn't see them in it. Plus can we have a none of the above or a something different option for each of the votes as I'm not best enamoured with the entrance music choices. (Mouldy is a song which i think we should play before every game but not as the teams comes out). Yet I would still like to vote in the goal celebration choice.

It seems Mouldy Old Dough is looking good, and I am not unhappy about that.

HOWEVER, surely someone on here has the ability to jazz it up a bit for an up tempo entrance?

Any volunteers?

Edited by singe

Definitely not, and oafc_ok's sister turned down the invitation (on the strength of her wearing The Fall T-shirt) to join his band. Other than that we're all just good friends! B)

And, I bet, she's regretted it ever since!!

Does she still have the t-shirt?

It seems Mouldy Old Dough is looking good, and I am not unhappy about that.

HOWEVER, surely someone on here has the ability to jazz it up a bit for an up tempo entrance?

Any volunteers?

It does sound slightly dirge-like <_<

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron:

Latics get in tune with supporters

by MICHAEL YARWOOD

LATICS fans are being invited to choose the music which will accompany key moments at Boundary Park next season.

Voting is under way to select the tune which is played when the teams enter the field for kick-off, and also each time Athletic score a goal.

The poll is being run by the club in conjunction with message board www.owtb.co.uk.

Supporters can choose a song in each category and text their favourites to 07956 088 035. For example, if you prefer Mouldy Old Dough as entrance music and Guns Of Navarone as goal music, text DA.

The choices for entrance music are: Dance of the Knights – O Fortuna; Liquidator – Harry J Allstars; Hi Ho Silver Lining – Jeff Beck; Mouldy Old Dough – Lieutenant Pigeon; Fanfare For The Common Man – Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

Goal celebration music: Guns of Navarone – The Specials; Samba de Janeiro – Bellini; I Feel Good – James Brown; Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes; Song 2 – Blur.

The closing date for votes is next Tuesday, July 1, and all options can be heard on www.youtube.com.

It doesn't explain how you arrive at "DA" if you're voting for Mouldy and Guns. Will readers be able to deduce that the tunes in each category are lettered A to E?