• Mouldy Old Dough (Lieutenant Pigeon)
    • FanFare for the common Man) Emerson, Lake and Palmer
  2. 2. Goal Music

• Samba de Janeiro (Bellini)
    • Guns Of Navarone (Specials)
    • I feel Good (James Brown)
    • Seven Nation Army (White Stripes)
    • Song 2 (Blur)

Oldham Athletic, together in conjunction with www.owtb.co.uk, the official fans forum, are giving you, the supporters the chance to vote for both the Entrance music, and the Goal Celebration music which we play at Boundary Park for each game of the coming season. Simply choose which song in each category you prefer, And nominate. Simple really.

Pick one from each group, Please familiarise yourself with all nominations before casting your vote, using the links provided.

Entrance Music

A) Dance of The Knights (The Apprentice) Here

B.) Liquidator - Harry J All stars Here

C) Hi Ho Silver Lining - Jeff Beck Here

D) Mouldy Old Dough - Lieutenant Pigeon Here

E)Fan Fare For the Common Man - Emerson, Lake and Palmer Here

Goal Celebration Music

A) Guns Of Navarone - Specials Here

B.) Samba de Janeiro - Bellini Here

C) I feel Good - James Brown Here

D) Seven Nation army - White Stripes Here

E) Song 2 - Blur Here

Edited by philliggi

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile

Entrance Music

Mouldy Old Dough - Lietenant Pigeon for me , been that as long as i can remember so dont want to change it :shock:

Goal Celebration Music

I feel Good - James Brown , even though I dont usually hear anything as I am normally going mental after we score ^_^

EDIT :

Just realised philliggi , you spelt Lieutenant wrong , the shame of it :blink:

Edited by oa_exile

Dance of the Knights and Guns of Navarone for me.

I always remember Dance of the Knights as The Smiths intro music - really built the excitement up and if its good enough for the mighty Smiths its good enough for us. I was tempted by Fanfare for the Common Man though for traditional reasons. Mouldy Old Dough has always been played well before the teams come out, for as long as I can remember anyway

I wouldn't have goal celebration music given the choice, but if we're going to have one we might as well be a bit more original, and The Specials are one of the greatest bands ever. Also, it would really annoy Jon Gaunt if Coventry's finest were played every time Hughesy scored.

white stripes would be better as an entrance music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! p.s the blur song 2 video is the wrong link....http://youtube.com/watch?v=C0Xl0ZEKJzo

Edited by Sheephead

I've been good so far, and I haven't put-down anyones nominations. But I have been silent long enough. Please say NO! to Emerson, Lake and Palmer - I don't care what the historical connection is, their version is a 70's rock disaster.

There, said it.

Liquidator :shock:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's a total Wolves song, which they end with F Off West Brom

Imangine playing that when we go up next season with both Wolves (staying down) and West Brom ( coming back down) playing in Champ :wink:

I just don't get it about Guns of Navarone. Am I listening to the wrong version, or the wrong bit of it?

You are not alone and I've listened to several full versions now by The Specials and The Skatalites. It's romping away with the poll though so either we are missing something or people are just voting for it blind. Or rather deaf. :shock:

Maybe the album version is what people remember as opposed to something live on You-Tube? :blink:

I've seen the film "Guns of Navarone" several times and maybe the theme tune played by a full orchestra is a it uplifting but this just leaves me dazed and confused.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Imangine playing that when we go up next season with both Wolves (staying down) and West Brom ( coming back down) playing in Champ :wink:

and chelsea and Yeovil

You are not alone and I've listened to several full versions now by The Specials and The Skatalites. It's romping away with the poll though so either we are missing something or people are just voting for it blind. Or rather deaf. :shock:

Maybe the album version is what people remember as opposed to something live on You-Tube? :blink:

I've seen the film "Guns of Navarone" several times and maybe the theme tune played by a full orchestra is a it uplifting but this just leaves me dazed and confused.

thinks it would be a great song to sing after a goal ... unfortunately I have never heard a version fast enough for my liking. One think i would like to see/hear is the singing of Mouldy at the beginning of each half away from home.

thinks it would be a great song to sing after a goal ... unfortunately I have never heard a version fast enough for my liking. One think i would like to see/hear is the singing of Mouldy at the beginning of each half away from home.

ive said this all along, i cant actually imagine it being good :S

i think theres enough people who dont want it as goal song, i told my mate whos a huddersfield fan, he said we'll be a laughing stock with that as goal music

Oldham Athletic, together in conjunction with www.owtb.co.uk, the official fans forum, are giving you, the supporters the chance to vote for both the Entrance music, and the Goal Celebration music which we play at Boundary Park for each game of the coming season. Simply choose which song in each category you prefer, And nominate. Simple really.

Pick one from each group, Please familiarise yourself with all nominations before casting your vote, using the links provided.

Goal Celebration Music

A) Guns Of Navarone - Specials Here

Or may I suggest this more up-beat version:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Its a baggie anthem but its great!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1qnD67vmWB4

Imagine....fVck of tranmere,,, OLDHAM!!! :wink:

Fanfare for the common man will always bring back the promotion/ cup run years in my mind and thats why i'll be voting for that. Makes the hairs stand up... Come on people get voting for that!

Think we should have the option of no goal song though.

Can the 28 voters of Guns of Navarone please tell me what you like about it? It's absolutely awful - there's no flow, it's all over the place. :huh:

EDIT: Watching a better version, it's not entirely bad. :blush:

Edited by UpTheLatics

At away games we could celebrate goals with Guns of Navarone sung faster than the examples on YouTube:

Der, der, der der

Der, der, der, der, der, der

Der, der, der, der, der, der, derrr

Der, der, der, der, der, derr.

Then, when it has caught on, we can sing it at home, whether Franny plays it or not.

On the other hand, Mouldy Old Dough would involve a lot of der, der, dering at a slow speed before we get to the punch line.

I've voted Mouldy Old Dough as the entrance music because to me its like an unofficial club song/Anthem.

The club have been playing it ever since I started going and its our song nobody else plays it or will ever try to steal it.

Some of the suggestions to play songs for the entrance and the goal celebrations that are already in use at other clubs is pants.

Where's the originality in that? We need our own unique songs not being accused of copying someone else's because we dont have enough imagination to think of something ourselves.

I've voted Mouldy Old Dough as the entrance music because to me its like an unofficial club song/Anthem.

The club have been playing it ever since I started going and its our song nobody else plays it or will ever try to steal it.

Some of the suggestions to play songs for the entrance and the goal celebrations that are already in use at other clubs is pants.

Where's the originality in that? We need our own unique songs not being accused of copying someone else's because we dont have enough imagination to think of something ourselves.

I fully agree, entrance should be Mouldy Old Dough - tradition innit, as for the goal music I would like something related to the club, or at least with a tenuous link to the club or goal, something by the Inspirals perhaps? Failing that Eat My Goal, at least it is footie related. Too many teams have James Brown and some of the other suggestions.

I'm not being funny but why can't the faithful come up with more modern stuff the kids in the squad...and they are only young most of em....weren't even a glint in their dady's b'sak when they were out...granted song 2 is fairly modern but even that's gettin old hat and as 4 samba its far too european for league one and everyone is using it!! Anyhew out of the choices we've got it has to be mouldy old dough cause its latics's song and song 2 to try and lift the players so they stop letting these counter attacks in!! i'm lookin at you defense!!!