Another anthem for the fans

We have "Oh When The Blues" etc, how about another anthemic song of our own for when we're having a good day?

One that we can all learn the words of in a few seconds which expresses how we feel when we're winning, and its a 2008 song from a local band, well Bury.

I nominate Elbow's "on a Day Like This" from their new album "The Seldom Seen Kid", sung complete with Bury accent. I heard it for the 1st time on the Beebs coverage of Glastonbury, it was one of those moments when the whole crowd get involved, singing, arms waving and clapping.

The anthem that comes in about 1/2 way through to the end is:

Throw those curtains wide,

One day like this a year'd see me right.

Repeat till you've lost your voice!

Full song (Throw those curtains..... comes in after about 3min 10 secs (Are you ready Oldham?)):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BG6tZFMkvQ

Chorus From crowd's point of view:

(I prefer the clapping to the pointy arms stretched out thing but could join in if happy enough)

Maybe anyone feeling moved could occasionally throw in:

Holy cow I saw Oldham score,

Only now I see the light.

Edited by laticsrblue

The anthem that comes in about 1/2 way through to the end is:

Throw those curtains wide,

One day like this a year'd see me right.

Repeat till you've lost your voice!

Maybe anyone feeling moved could occasionally throw in:

Holy cow I saw Oldham score,

Only now I see the light.

I just thought of -

"Get the ball out wide,

One more goal should see us right"

Really slow week at work and this popped in to my head, as we know we will have 3 sides to the ground this season and the away fans are going to come out with the "Sh t ground no fans" week in week out. Does anyone have any ideas of a response to that or even a pre-emptive strike?

Really slow week at work and this popped in to my head, as we know we will have 3 sides to the ground this season and the away fans are going to come out with the "Sh t ground no fans" week in week out. Does anyone have any ideas of a response to that or even a pre-emptive strike?

Irrelevant B_T as we won't be able to hear them due to the din coming from the Latics fans.

2008. The year that atmosphere returned to Boundary Park.

:)

I'd suggest an initial barrage of darts and sharpened coins, then a full frontal assault across the RRE divide armed with planks of wood with rusty nails sticking through the end.

I'd suggest an initial barrage of darts and sharpened coins, then a full frontal assault across the RRE divide armed with planks of wood with rusty nails sticking through the end.

Not really what I was looking for, but you can have marks for the effort and spelling your name right. I believe what you have described there is football hooliganism, possibly of the 1980s variety whereas I was looking for something more on the lines of a song.

unless the chaddy end take over by singing du du du :grin:

do you mean the backing from "on a Day Like This"?

du-du du-du du-du du

du-du du-du du-du du

It would never happen but could be great, the Chaddy du-du ing and the Rocky Throwing those curtains wide.

A preamble of du-du s could be used to get every one going though, before launching into the words.

We knocked it down for Feng Shui, down for Feng Shuuuu-i, we knocked it down for Feng Shuuu-i

well if Leeds or Huddersfield sing "your support is :censored: :censored:"

we could reply with "your support like :censored: sheep"

Irrelevant B_T as we won't be able to hear them due to the din coming from the Latics fans.

2008. The year that atmosphere returned to Boundary Park.

:)

I would love it, just love it if your'e correct, but it's going to take a big change of matchday attitude by a lot of people. :pray::OWTB1::bluearmy::comeon:

Damn

You beat me to it !! :lol:

Damn

You beat me to it !! :lol:

No, the "Moaning Minnies," and the Politically Correct majority will say that times have moved on, and we should just sing Abba songs to them. Well, me and Stanley have our own ideas about that. Innit.