Masters This Weekend!

Is everyone else well up for the Masters this weekend? If you haven’t got a ticket, get yourself down there! Only £14 or something.

Ticketmaster

All the squads haven’t been announced, but I should imagine they will be on here in full in the next couple of days.

North West Masters 2008

So our squad is:

Jon Hallworth

Darren Sheridan

Lee Duxbury

Mike Milligan

Rick Holden

David Eyres

Tommy Wright

Andy Ritchie

Tony Philliskirk

Official Site Thread

And here’s some YouTube footage of the legends mentioned:

Where are we gonna sit? Should try and get as many ‘tics sat together as poss. Never been to the MEN, is there a section with a good view near a bar?

I'm coming over from the Isle of Man with a mix of Liverpool, City and United fans! Wonder if Rick Holden will be on the boat with me, he does live here. I'll make sure he doesn't have a drink in the bar!

Cheers for the sarcastic welcome!

I had read that thread, but I was more trying to talk about where we're going to sit, and get us more up for it as it is this weekend. In that thread it's mainly talk about the beer prices, temperature etc, and only a bit about where we're gonna sit. So Block 109 then? I've never been to the MEN as I said, that's why I was asking.

And I listed the fully confirmed squad as was announced today on the OS, and thought the YouTube videos were a nice touch.

How wrong was I!?

Cheers for the sarcastic welcome!

I had read that thread, but I was more trying to talk about where we're going to sit, and get us more up for it as it is this weekend. In that thread it's mainly talk about the beer prices, temperature etc, and only a bit about where we're gonna sit. So Block 109 then? I've never been to the MEN as I said, that's why I was asking.

And I listed the fully confirmed squad as was announced today on the OS, and thought the YouTube videos were a nice touch.

How wrong was I!?

The welcome was sincere...... :mad:

The rest was sarcastic......:lol:

And here’s some YouTube footage of the legends mentioned:

Thanks for the clips - brilliant!

Ricky's overhead kick at Newcastle, the Smith & Jones spoof in the build-up to the Littlewoods Cup Final, Ricky's hats and that great free-kick routine ending with Marshall's goal - fantastic memories.

I talked to Rick in the Isle of Man about the glory years. He said it would not be possible to assemble a team like that agian. Well, we've got the next best thing to look forward to on Saturday.

Thanks for the clips - brilliant!

Ricky's overhead kick at Newcastle, the Smith & Jones spoof in the build-up to the Littlewoods Cup Final, Ricky's hats and that great free-kick routine ending with Marshall's goal - fantastic memories.

I talked to Rick in the Isle of Man about the glory years. He said it would not be possible to assemble a team like that agian. Well, we've got the next best thing to look forward to on Saturday.

Was there for that one, always an interesting trip in those days ... pur coach escape a smashed window that day alas others didn't.

We dont :censored: care

We dont :censored: care

Ronaldo is leaving you

and you werent even there!!!

We're on our way,

We're on our way,

To see the Latics,

Play Away

How I get there I dont know

All I know is we are on our way

We're on our way

We're on our way........... :)

Any idea if you can buy on the day or will I need to pull some more funds together this week and order them online?

Its cheaper going to manc on the train, and getting them from the arena in person

How do you work that one out Sav ? :blink:

Booking Fee's through ticketmaster I think make it a better option to go down if you're buying 3 or more. As it's only about £3 on train to Manc, £3.70 by bus. Not if it's just the one though. Saying that. You'll probably still be able to buy tickets on saturday at this type of event. They wouldnt have made it unresevered seating if they expected it to be packed.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Guest oa_exile
Booking Fee's through ticketmaster I think make it a better option to go down if you're buying 3 or more. As it's only about £3 on train to Manc, £3.70 by bus. Not if it's just the one though. Saying that. You'll probably still be able to buy tickets on saturday at this type of event. They wouldnt have made it unresevered seating if they expected it to be packed.

You have left it a bit late but you could booked direct through Masters for £14.00 no booking fee's , etc (see other thread)

How do you work that one out Sav ? :blink:

As Rocky says booking fees £2 a ticket, postage £2.60,the train for us to manc is about £2 return.

I bought 5 saving me £10.20 overall....As for the masters site :angry:

For anyone who as not bought a ticket yet for the Master I've been told that if the tickets sales havent gone to well this week they will be doing offers on the day for ticket prices ! I have a ticket but I didnt I'd wait until the day and get myself a deal :grin:

A couple of people have mentioned that they were giving some away after the event started last year as not that many had been sold.

Guest oa_exile
As Rocky says booking fees £2 a ticket, postage £2.60,the train for us to manc is about £2 return.

I bought 5 saving me £10.20 overall....As for the masters site :angry:

You booked it through the wrong Masters site >>North West Masters<< NOT Ticket Master

>>DISCOUNT<<

Edited by oa_exile

I'm just gonna start an Ernie For England chant when I walk in and see who joins in and who's about. Easiest way to get everyone together. Follow the chant.

Should be decent with the Ritchie, Tommy Wright chants. :)

E4E

I'll be joining in with yer - defo! Me and Elliot (Desper) are going (although I aint paid him for the tickets yet - naughty naughty leezy!)

Is it televised live on Sky or do they show highlights at a later date (or both)? Wouldn't mind re-watching it again afterwards.

The Final is on September 7th at the NEC. When Latics get there this allows the possibility of stuffing the Trannies twice in 24 hours :grin:

Hopefully those fans on England duty will be able to get back from Barcelona in time.

Edited by oafc_ok