Simon Corney on LW

Interesting interview........

*7 bids been made for 4 of our players, doesn't want to sell UNLESS price is right for the club

* Happy with the signings we've made

* Demar deal up to Shez, but if he signs he must play, so predicament there for Shez

* TTA involved in property in UK and U.S., telecoms struggling too, times hard for everyone

* Promotion, if not this year, when?

* Strongest squad since TTA have been here

* Doesn't want to put pressure on Shez, but then again.................

* Expects Black, Bell, possibly even Lewi to go out on loan because we have no reserves and they need games

* In his opinion Taylor isn't a left-back but he doesn't pick the team

* Does expect 1 or 2 to be sold (Doesn't intimate who)

Edited by oafcprozac

*7 bids been made for 4 of our players, doesn't want to sell UNLESS price is right for the club

* Demar deal up to Shez, but if he signs he must play, so predicament there for Shez

* TTA involved in property in UK and U.S., telecoms struggling too, times hard for everyone

* Expects Black, Bell, possibly even Lewi to go out on loan because we have no reserves and they need games

* Does expect 1 or 2 to be sold (Doesn't intimate who) SEE ABOVE

Thats exactly what Simon told me on Sat:)

Such honest owners its brilliant.

To be fair thats the same with all clubs. The level depends on how much you need the money. If we go around saying we wont sell under any circumstances and someone makes an offer of £2m for Neal Eardley. He's off!

Cant / Shouldn't say otherwise

Hmm - theres the stumbling block and why he hasn't signed.

Hope we get added investment into the club too.

Been saying that for years mate!!

He's right

If you dont, dont say things like its the strongest squad!

They do.

Dont comment on tactics / players positions. Its not your place to Simon. That has annoyed me - I bet Shez isn't happy.

So do I.

Doesn't say much I didn't expect. Other than the demar must play if he signs piece.

Edited by pukka

4 players?? Eardley, Taylor, Davies and Hughes or maybe Smalley. It does sound like one or two are off though. Lets hope we get good money for anyone leaving.

Eardley wouldn't bother me tbh, he's a decent enough player but in Lomax and Lee we have ready made replacements. I'd be loathe to lose Taylor as it may upset the balance of the whole team and mean bloody Liddell playing wide every week. As for Smalley not his biggest fan but towards the end of the season he began to start winning me over, pacey and good in the airand has looked good in pre-season. Of course if its silly money i'd sell my own grandma. Mark Ward, Micky Quinn, Tommy Wright, Andy Goram, Andy Linighan, Denis Irwin, Mike Milligan, Earl Barrett............all big crowd favourites and all sold, yet we were still a force to be reckoned with (the exception was probbably Quinn as we struggled until big Ron Futcher arrived) even if we lose one or two we do still have a lot of options AND there's the option of loan replacements if need be. So i'll be disappointed but realistic in the fact this season is my 23rd supporting the club and we have sold at least one first teamer I reckon every year......

85-86 Micky Quinn and Mark Ward

86-87 Ron Futcher

87-88 Andy Goram, Andy Linighan, Tony Henry

88-89 Mike Flynn, Tony Philliskirk

89-90 Tommy Wright

90-91 Mike Milligan, Denis Irwin

91-92 Paul Kane, Neil Redfearn, David Currie, Earl Barrett

92-93 Rick Holden

93-94 Ian Marshall

94-95 Mike Milligan

95-96 Richard Jobson, Paul Bernard, Andy Ritchie, Rick Holden, Dissa

96-97 Paul Gerrard, Darren Beckford, Chris Makin,

97-98 Lee Richardson, Nicky Banger, Jon Hallworth, Stuart Barlow

98-99 Sean McCarthy, Carl Serrant, Steve Redond

99-00 Paul Reid, Toddy Orlyggsson,

00-01 Steve Whitehall, Andy Holt

01-02 too many to list

02-03 Ditto

03-04 Bloody Ditto

04-05 Mini Shez, Muzza

05-06 Dean Holden, Chris Killen, Kevin Betsy, Pogs,

06-07 Butcher, Branston, Day, Scott,

07-08 Porter, Wellens, Rocastle, Edwards.....

08-09 ??????????????

Probably missed out loads but yer get the idea. No one player is bigger than the club and if the money is right so be it. But NOT at the expense of a promotion push.

Edited by oafcprozac

If we sell anyone then it's surely going to be attack-minded midfielders/forwards, as they are the players we would get decent money for and have a surplus off. Smalley, Taylor, Alessandra. Unless Lee is pencilled in as Eardley's replacement then we would have signed at least one more fullback already if we were looking to let him go, although of course money talk.

I have no problem with Simon offering his OPINION on players, positions etc, as a fan as much as anything. I would be worried if I thought there was any actual interference, but I don't think there is.

And I wholly agree with Razza - Simon is an absoluteluy genuine and honest guy. And I'd rather have that and the occasional things one might wish he hadn't said than someone you can't trust who never says anything...

Edited by garcon

I would expect Eardley to be the man to go - shame really - and I hope that we do manage to hang on to him and have a decent go at this league :(

I would expect Eardley to be the man to go - shame really - and I hope that we do manage to hang on to him and have a decent go at this league :(

I would like to think that even if Eardley were to go it would not affect us making a real push for promotion, as has been said we have adequate replacement options in Lomax and Lee.

I would like to think that even if Eardley were to go it would not affect us making a real push for promotion, as has been said we have adequate replacement options in Lomax and Lee.

Lomax at RB, Lee at LB - Stam and Thommo next in line. Compare that to the options we have in midfield.

04-05 Mini Shez, Muzza

08-09 ??????????????

Probably missed out loads but yer get the idea. No one player is bigger than the club and if the money is right so be it. But NOT at the expense of a promotion push.

To be fair, by selling, really we mean selling our brightest and most talented or players with most talent potential. Just turning over the squad and freshening things up doesn't really count.

I wouldn't really say all the lines above qualify for us being a real selling club.

Really, TTA have been a godsend to us.

Hope we get added investment into the club too.

Eh? How does that work, they are losing money with all their investiments, probably none more so than us and you want them to invest more in the club. I don't think we can ask anymoew than they have spent this summer, lets be realistic!!

Eh? How does that work, they are losing money with all their investiments, probably none more so than us and you want them to invest more in the club. I don't think we can ask anymoew than they have spent this summer, lets be realistic!!

I think he meant more sponsors to replace the ones we lost. That's the way I read it anyway.

85-86 Micky Quinn and Mark Ward

86-87 Ron Futcher

87-88 Andy Goram, Andy Linighan, Tony Henry

88-89 Mike Flynn, Tony Philliskirk

89-90 Tommy Wright

90-91 Mike Milligan, Denis Irwin

91-92 Paul Kane, Neil Redfearn, David Currie, Earl Barrett

92-93 Rick Holden

93-94 Ian Marshall

94-95 Mike Milligan

95-96 Richard Jobson, Paul Bernard, Andy Ritchie, Rick Holden, Dissa

96-97 Paul Gerrard, Darren Beckford, Chris Makin,

97-98 Lee Richardson, Nicky Banger, Jon Hallworth, Stuart Barlow

98-99 Sean McCarthy, Carl Serrant, Steve Redond

99-00 Paul Reid, Toddy Orlyggsson,

00-01 Steve Whitehall, Andy Holt

01-02 too many to list

02-03 Ditto

03-04 Bloody Ditto

04-05 Mini Shez, Muzza

08-09 ??????????????

Off topic... but my, 06/07 was a terrible year for selling our best talent.... how did we cope without that titanic foursome.... :wink:

... yet another interview from Simon corney which we will add to the 'interesting' catergory... oh well, keeps us entertained... as for the selling, I really hope its JP and wolfy... but we pretty much have the squad to cope with any departures... if they want to leave and we get decent cash, so be it...

TTA have been nothing but great for us and i dont have a problem with anything the have done.

Really dont like selling people but i do understand money situations.

If we keep the squad, sign Phillips and a left back we have a great chance of play offs and maybe promo.

TTA have been nothing but great for us and i dont have a problem with anything the have done.

Really dont like selling people but i do understand money situations.

If we keep the squad, sign Phillips and a left back we have a great chance of play offs and maybe promo.

Given that Phillips played the second half against Huill at LB (and that Lomax didn't put a foot wrong first half), maybe that's Shez's solution to LB and playing Phillips (in either role) in one fell swoop!