Official coach to Dale

Just walk it mate :grin:

I haven't been on an official coach since we played Millwall away in the early ninetys and we didn't get there until half time.

My point is that if the club want to get people to travel with them, charging that much to go down the road isn't going to work

As for walking i would be fine going but coming home would be a different story :drinking66::D

I haven't been on an official coach since we played Millwall away in the early ninetys and we didn't get there until half time.

My point is that if the club want to get people to travel with them, charging that much to go down the road isn't going to work

As for walking i would be fine going but coming home would be a different story :drinking66::D

Don't know where you live in Mid, but Mills Hill train station to Rochdale, then walk down into the centre (10 mins), drink in any/all of the bars then 10 mins up to the ground. Job sorted :grin:

It is around that price to get a bus from Rochdale to Broadway and back, coach goes direct without all the stops letting off the old grannies and teenage mothers and then you still have another bus from Rochdale centre to spotland or a twenty+ minute walk.

So £6 sounds ok and probally the minimum they can actually run a coach for.

You're not far wrong with that, Mark. I heard recently about a Burton school hiring a coach for a very local trip and coach hire started at £300.

50 passengers at £6 a head - I bet Latics are only covering costs.

would say Everton do a coach to Liverpool?

It's not 8 miles from Goodison to Anfield, and they play each other every year. It will be about as cheap and a lot easier for people, especially the old folk, to just get a coach straight back rather than be hanging around Rochdale bus station at 10.30 at night.

Guest oa_exile
Your right there. My question is why run a coach ?

:stupid:

The way you seem to whine and moan as every decision by the club I would probably say "Just to annoy you" :tongue1:

I like a good piss and moan myself :) BUT You even make Coco sound like a Saint :cardinal:

Guest oa_exile
It will be about as cheap and a lot easier for people, especially the old folk, to just get a coach straight back rather than be hanging around Rochdale bus station at 10.30 at night.

Hence why Sav looked into it :grin:

It is around that price to get a bus from Rochdale to Broadway and back, coach goes direct without all the stops letting off the old grannies and teenage mothers and then you still have another bus from Rochdale centre to spotland or a twenty+ minute walk.

Unless GMPT have stopped doing it in the 3 months since i last got a bus in their area its actually £3.50 as that's the price of an all-day ticket which allows you to travel on any GMPT bus getting off and on as many times as you like (I think- certainly enough for a return) coincidentally its not too much chepaer to get singles into Manchester from a lot of places nevermind returns. Six quid is probably just about covering the cost of hiring the coach. But I bet Latics will take a £10 note.

You don't want to be walking home at that time of night well I wouldn't :shifty: plus the thought of what time will you get home

Edited by spadam

Train from Mumps proberly about £1.60 a little less from Mills Hill.

Yes, and you can probably get blown by a selection of the world's roughest crack-whores in to the bargain whilst walking a good 2 miles to the ground and still have change from a tenner. I don't see why people don't just see that it will suit some people well enough to get dropped off at Spotland rather than making their way on public transport.

Yes, and you can probably get blown by a selection of the world's roughest crack-whores in to the bargain whilst walking a good 2 miles to the ground and still have change from a tenner. I don't see why people don't just see that it will suit some people well enough to get dropped off at Spotland rather than making their way on public transport.

Just letting people know Lees Lover its there choice.

Tweedale Street La La La............ :blink::unsure:

It'll suit the old people so cant be grumbled at. Isnt going to be as short a journey as you'd think, as they'll be stuck on Roch Valley Way for a fair old while. That's when they actually get past sudden junction. :lol:

No the new fangled traffic lights have sorted all those problems out..................not. Another total waste of money by the Council like the one at Sandbrook Park :angry:

I know. Why on earth Traffic Planners decide to add Traffic Lights to Roundabouts is beyond me.

The whole idea of Roundabouts in the first place was that they are a self regulating traffic flow solution that automatically changes its dynamic dependant on where the traffic is flowing from. How Environmentally friendly is it to have cars stopped at traffic lights when you would be able to continue your passage if the way is clear.

Shez really needs to get a grip of this or it's got to be time for him to go.