Millwalls left winger

He was a good player, he made our £3M full back look very ordinary, which is exactly what he is.

It was only the first game though, I expect Eardley to have a great season. How people can doubt his ability is beyond me :huh:

Was their winger called David Mirfin? I didn't get a programme so I couldn't be sure and I couldn't quite make out his name from his jersey!

It was only the first game though, I expect Eardley to have a great season. How people can doubt his ability is beyond me :huh:

Was their winger called David Mirfin? I didn't get a programme so I couldn't be sure and I couldn't quite make out his name from his jersey!

He doesn't appear in the names in the link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_2/7541055.stm

Edited by Lags

What number was he?

21? David Martin

Edited by tony4938

It's not that I think he's a bad player or anything, I would have him in our team everyday of the week. It's just that this talk of him being worth £1M+ is way wide of the mark, he is a decent young full back, maybe Championship standard but certainly not Premier League. He's too slow and gets caught out of position too often to play at that level.

It's not that I think he's a bad player or anything, I would have him in our team everyday of the week. It's just that this talk of him being worth £1M+ is way wide of the mark, he is a decent young full back, maybe Championship standard but certainly not Premier League. He's too slow and gets caught out of position too often to play at that level.

But after all it is Blackburn Rovers who I have money on to go down! and £3,000,000 is a lot of money :blink:

Thinking about it, that is six Neal Trotman's :huh: I'd quite like one Neal Trotman, never mind six!

With the inflated fees which surround British (actually, all) players surely £1million is about right?

Dave Martin (23)was signed by Crystal Palace from non league to Dartford in 2007, but failed to hold down a regular place.

At the end of the January 2008 transfer window he moved across south London to League One side Millwall.

It just shows there are some good lads out there in non league if clubs are willing to take a chance.

Edited by BP1960