Atmosphere - middle class fan

:lol:

What your trying to do is change the meaning behind a term :)

Britian use to be a very simple place. It was in fact very easy to divde the country up into three social classes. Upper, Middle and Lower... And people rarely moved between the classes...

This all went out of the window in the early 1900's Outbreak of war, the fall of the empire and construction of fair trade in europe and free state education all blew the class divides way apart...

These are historical facts :) And not just text book theories :)

In this day and age, the dippy media throw words around like upper, middle and lower and try to make out they have some meaning in the moder world. They don't.... And anyone who tries to redefine what the word "working class" is just as bad....:) What people need to do is come up with a new set of terms to describe modern day society but they wont because society is a FAR more complicated thing than ever before!!!

Britian is far more complex than three class brands :)

This thread is supposed to be about middle class football fans not academic theories on the class structure Those in my definition of working class are abandoning football. Some of those whom I describe as mddle class are sat in the sponsors' boxes, where lowering the tone by wearing football shirts is not permitted.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Defining class is pointless full stop, I would say I am middle class but looking at family history its just a mess!!

I would say I come from a Middle Class family background from my immediate family using the old class system. I would say my dad is also from a middle class family background from his immediate family and that my mum has originally come from a working class family background. Yet if you looked at my dads parents parents they would be from a traditional working class background! But I by the time I was born I would also have classed my mums parents as middle class.

Does this mean my family is working class still through tradition?

Edited by wozz_oafc

This thread is supposed to be about middle class football fans not academic theories on the class structure Those in my definition of working class are abandoning football. Some of those whom I describe as mddle class are sat in the sponsors' boxes, where lowering the tone by wearing football shirts is not permitted.

Academic facts!!! :)

Although I know what your getting at and I totally agree :)

Academic facts!!! :)

Although I know what your getting at and I totally agree :)

At the end of the day, football fans are a class apart as they are the only group with its own Act of Parliament. Actions by football fans in stadia whcih constitute criminal offences are outside the law when carried out by fans of other sports in the same stadia. :angry:

At the end of the day, football fans are a class apart as they are the only group with its own Act of Parliament. Actions by football fans in stadia whcih constitute criminal offences are outside the law when carried out by fans of other sports in the same stadia. :angry:

I think we are different class

I think we are different class

:imnotworthy::imnotworthy::laught30:

Excellent. And quite distracts me from being bothered to show 0000 how full of :censored: he is.

PS - class is and always was a ludicrous way to analyse people's motivations. It was a bollocks idea thought up by Marx and should have been flushed down the drain with all of his other wanky ideas that were shown up for :censored: before he died, but which people keep on dragging out of the pond over a century after he moved on from them.

If you didn't sit around in togas putting your forefinger and thumb to your chin in thought whilst growing bushy beards in lectures I am going to be desperately disappointed.

Believe it or not it's the subject that I think best prepared me for my current analytical role. Philosophy is about hard-edged series of correct or incorrect progressions. I had to keep the :censored:-talking, dissolute living, binge-drinking (before it was bad for you) drug-taking and general waster lifestyle to the 161 hours in the week that were left to me.