Craig Davies

For those of you who (like me) stalk Latics players on Facebook, you will have seen Craig Davies put a photograph up of himself having the altercation with Nathan Stanton. Underneath the caption he has wrote "That guy deserved a smack too".

This is what he said word for word. (Unlike Paddy, I dont stalk though :wink: .).

Craig Davies wrote

at 9:08pm

he's lucky i neva slapped him 2...

Dont know what he's on about, as Stanton would rip him to peices. Good job he didnt post that on OWTB's or he'd of probably been banned for the txt tlk. :grin:

[Chorus]

Monday

Took him for a drink on Tuesday

We were kicking off by Wednesday

and on Thursday & Friday & Saturday - I slapped him on Sunday

I met Nathan Stanton on Monday

took him for a drink on Tuesday

we were kicking off by Wednesday

and on Thursday & Friday & Saturday - I slapped him on Sunday

-------

"Gonna Fill Him In."

Edited by Rocky_Latic

For those of you who (like me) stalk Latics players on Facebook, you will have seen Craig Davies put a photograph up of himself having the altercation with Nathan Stanton. Underneath the caption he has wrote "That guy deserved a smack too".

wow.... he just dosent learn does he...

Interesting...I remember many saying that Gregan should've slapped Keigan Parker the other season.

Leave it be lads eh! He's been a prick on the pitch...and been hauled over the coals for it. What do you want? A personal, hand-written apology to each and every fan that was at Dale?

As long as he doesn't do it again and bangs in some goals when he's back...he can stick whatever he :censored:ing likes on his Facebook! (as long as it's legal!)

Interesting...I remember many saying that Gregan should've slapped Keigan Parker the other season.

Leave it be lads eh! He's been a prick on the pitch...and been hauled over the coals for it. What do you want? A personal, hand-written apology to each and every fan that was at Dale?

As long as he doesn't do it again and bangs in some goals when he's back...he can stick whatever he :censored:ing likes on his Facebook! (as long as it's legal!)

I see your point and your right but the term "professional" footballer should mean something in my opinion... Poor form from Craig I say... Lets the fans down... Lets the club down... Lets his country down... I think its pritty unprofessional to put that pic up with that slogan.....

Leave it be lads eh! He's been a prick on the pitch...and been hauled over the coals for it.

And now he's been a prick off the pitch as well.

What makes it worse is that after he has no doubt had the paint stripper treatment from Shez and had time to think about what a plonker he was, he has decided that the ref and his manager are still not worth listening to and he was right all along.

Will he ever learn?

What a tool.

I see your point and your right but the term "professional" footballer should mean something in my opinion... Poor form from Craig I say... Lets the fans down... Lets the club down... Lets his country down... I think its pritty unprofessional to put that pic up with that slogan.....

You are having a laugh, right?

"Professional" footballer relates to someone who makes a living by playing football. If you think that the word "professional" in this context means that they have a doctorate or degree in playing football, you are as numb as the people that say footballers are role models. The average professional footballer is someone who has been blessed with a greater or lesser degree of natural talent - this then often leads to them to "take their eye off the ball" (see what I did there? :) ) from an educational perspective. If that is what you want to look up, I fear for your offsprings future.

If you want to hold up footballers as being in some way what you would want your kids to aspire to, then you must be on the same (or lower :blink: ) level of intelligence than they are.

Davies actions are worrying, but you shouldn't be surprised. He is a young lad - not the brightest - and will want to preserve his personal pride within his peer group.

Davies actions are worrying, but you shouldn't be surprised. He is a young lad - not the brightest - and will want to preserve his personal pride within his peer group.

We are assembling a team of 'bad boys', so we are bound to be let down by them from time to time. If they accept their punishment as men without sulking, we'll all get through these hiccups.

The money the Club is saving in fines can go towards financing the loan players. :grin:

:grin:

Ian Hislop had a whole community of FaceBook/MySpace/Internetbollocks friends without an internet connection. It's probably not even him.

Ladies and gentlemen, i give you this seasons whipping boy............Take a step forward Mr Davies ^_^ Welcome to Latics my friend.

I'm with you on this one Chaddy, has anyone on here ever played because if you have you will realise that sometimes the adrenalin takes over unfortunatley and pushes some people across the line of acceptable behaviour.

I'm not condoning what he did because it was stupid(as he probably accepts himself in the cold light of day btw). It has cost him but he can't change it so its how he reacts to it that is more important.

Lets get off his back and support him - as I'm sure we'll all be cheering when he's scoring again

KTF

Can't see the problem!! At least he's not sulking ....does anyone actually know what was said to Craig???? Maybe he did deserve a smack.

Yes he was an idiot for doing what he did .. plenty of players have do stupid things over the years in a Latics shirt, move on

Has it not occurred to anyone (except OldhamSheridan) that there's every chance that isn't even Davies?

Chances are it's some 12 year old kid who thinks it's clever pretending to be someone else on the internet...

Yes - sorry I completely ignored the facebook thing as its irrelevant and probably not him anyway, but the point is more than valid

I'm with you on this one Chaddy, has anyone on here ever played because if you have you will realise that sometimes the adrenalin takes over unfortunatley and pushes some people across the line of acceptable behaviour.

Said Joey Barton's defence lawyer. :wink:

I'm not condoning what he did because it was stupid(as he probably accepts himself in the cold light of day btw). It has cost him but he can't change it so its how he reacts to it that is more important.

Lets get off his back and support him - as I'm sure we'll all be cheering when he's scoring again

KTF

Whoah, we're still at the stage of criticising his action in the context of letting everyone and himself down. Nobody can be said to be on his back, or treating him as a whipping boy, until he next takes the field for us, and I would not expect any disapproval to be shown at that stage.

Said Joey Barton's defence lawyer. :wink:

Whoah, we're still at the stage of criticising his action in the context of letting everyone and himself down. Nobody can be said to be on his back, or treating him as a whipping boy, until he next takes the field for us, and I would not expect any disapproval to be shown at that stage.

Brilliant "Said Joey Barton's defence lawyer" :grin: - Hopefully you are right, the point is he's been a muppet probably knows it but I wouldn't want the guy to be booed by our own fans next time he pulls on a shirt just because too much is being said.

He was getting some grief on against Millwall and last season as well in the Ford Stand(NSM or whatever)and wouldn't want this to be na excuse for that to escalate thats all

You are having a laugh, right?

"Professional" footballer relates to someone who makes a living by playing football. If you think that the word "professional" in this context means that they have a doctorate or degree in playing football, you are as numb as the people that say footballers are role models. The average professional footballer is someone who has been blessed with a greater or lesser degree of natural talent - this then often leads to them to "take their eye off the ball" (see what I did there? :) ) from an educational perspective. If that is what you want to look up, I fear for your offsprings future.

If you want to hold up footballers as being in some way what you would want your kids to aspire to, then you must be on the same (or lower :blink: ) level of intelligence than they are.

No matter if he was a dust man or a director of a company and would expect him act far more professional than he has done in his place of work. I dont see what the hell this has to do with kids ? Your a bit of a weirdo arent you :D

Edited by oafc0000

Ladies and gentlemen, i give you this seasons whipping boy............Take a step forward Mr Davies ^_^ Welcome to Latics my friend.

If thats true... Then its of his own making...

Personally I can accept a player being :censored:....or going through a :censored: spell... Its up to the manager to drop him / motivate him / get rid of him... Im not going to hold that personally against the player. A players behaiour on and off the pitch while repersenting the club is something I get worked up about. No matter you skill level / age dosent stop you behaving in a acceptable manner...

Craig is doing himself no favours and to label a "boo boy" target is silly in my eyes... I think he desrves the negatives being thrown at him at the moment and its up to him to sort his head out and get on with playing football instead of boxing etc....