Why did BOBOAFC send me a personal message?

No one seems to realise how many games are actually left this season? All it takes is for Leeds to beat Yeovil and you to lose against Cheltenham on saturday and its all square again. This is how tight it is. Do you really think its a cause for concern.?

Just for the record Oldham never outplayed us at all, you got 2 goals that we defended poor. If you outplayed us then maybe a little cause for concern but you never dominated once.

But you didnt beat us 4-0 and walk all over us like you said you were gonna

Like last season, its anyones league this season.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But you didnt beat us 4-0 and walk all over us like you said you were gonna

Like last season, its anyones league this season.

well it wasnt anyones league last season. Leeds were the favourites to go up before we had the points deduction. If you added the 15 pts on at the end we wouldve had 91 pts which wouldve been enough to go up automatically. So really it wouldnt have been anyones league. The predictions prior to the 15 pts were absolutely spot on!!!!

According to Match console stats Leeds had 6 more goal attemps, 3 more on target, 6 more crosses, 3 more corners, 4 less offsides, 4 less fouls, 9 more freekicks, and 1 yellow card less.

Only two goals separate us NOT performance.

You're absolutely right. We should hand over the 3 points to you now. Then Leeds can be top. There you go sweetheart, have them. It's just not right us scoring two goals and you scoring none. How obtuse of us.

According to Match console stats Leeds had 6 more goal attemps, 3 more on target, 6 more crosses, 3 more corners, 4 less offsides, 4 less fouls, 9 more freekicks, and 1 yellow card less.

Only two goals separate us NOT performance.

no one on here could give two hoots, its goals that win you games

you probably will be there challenging at the end of the season, but leeds and leicester sure as hell wont have it all their own way.

just seen the highlights and seems to me you had 12 men on your team. 2 blatant penalty claims dismissed

I like the way you ignore our two disallowed goals, and are basing youur claims of superiority/bias on the MAtch consoles and goals highlights.

Stunning observations

No one seems to realise how many games are actually left this season? All it takes is for Leeds to beat Yeovil and you to lose against Cheltenham on saturday and its all square again. This is how tight it is. Do you really think its a cause for concern.?

Just for the record Oldham never outplayed us at all, you got 2 goals that we defended poor. If you outplayed us then maybe a little cause for concern but you never dominated once.

I wouldn't expect Oldham to dominate at Elland Road, but to get two up (after having two disallowed) and then defend safely is the classic away performance of genuine contenders.

You're right, it is early days, but do Leeds really have a stronger squad than last season? Looks to me like you're strength in depth has diminished a little during the summer. Not studied it closely, and you'll know better than me, but the likes of Kandol, Constantine and Elding have gone for starters.

Equally for Leicester, sat in third place on the back of a win and a draw, I don't think they will find it easy to break down League One defences and they've only managed to score one goal in 180 minutes against the side that came up via the play-offs - 70 of those minutes against 10 men.

As Latics fans know better than most, just because you've played in the Premiership in the past doesn't mean you have a God given superiority over any other side in the division that you currently sit in. The other sides are currently your equals.

By the way, Oldham defended appallingly last week. And won 4-3.

Toodle pip.

The funniest thing about spainboy, is if they would have won he would have been lording it over us, but they didnt so he ate humble pie.

Hey ho, onwards and upwards.

Listen Beardy I admit defeat, I said that at the beginning of this thread but on the same token its definately no cause for concern, its way way too early.

One lucky win for u(take a look at the match stats) and you took yourr lucky chances. Well done, get yourself drunk lads.

I wouldn't expect Oldham to dominate at Elland Road, but to get two up (after having two disallowed) and then defend safely is the classic away performance of genuine contenders.

You're right, it is early days, but do Leeds really have a stronger squad than last season? Looks to me like you're strength in depth has diminished a little during the summer. Not studied it closely, and you'll know better than me, but the likes of Kandol, Constantine and Elding have gone for starters.

Equally for Leicester, sat in third place on the back of a win and a draw, I don't think they will find it easy to break down League One defences and they've only managed to score one goal in 180 minutes against the side that came up via the play-offs - 70 of those minutes against 10 men.

As Latics fans know better than most, just because you've played in the Premiership in the past doesn't mean you have a God given superiority over any other side in the division that you currently sit in. The other sides are currently your equals.

By the way, Oldham defended appallingly last week. And won 4-3.

Toodle pip.

If we had had that penalty given then the game wouldve been different. I tell you what check the highlights and you can judge for yourself but I have seen them and the ref waived it on. Your disallowed goals were offsides and clearly show on the highlights

another thing your forgetting spainboy

we have been in this division longer than any other team, since 1997, and we have heard it all before re big clubs thinking they are going to walk it.

we have seen the likes of man city, sheff wed, nottingham forest as well as yourselves thinking they were going to walk it in 1 season

remember one city fan on the radio saying 'we wont lose a game' yet they needed the playoffs.

took sheff wednesday 2 season to get up, again needed playoffs

took forest three seasons, hardly a walk in the park.

Well im gonna leave it for now as you lot are just going around in circles and its boring me silly plus I have to go out soon so if im allowed I can come on here a week today when the tables will look different.

Tatty bye!!

Were just saying it as it is!

Thanks for popping in, see you soon.

3 games from now can completely change the tables upsidedown. When Leeds are midway through the season and are struggling to win then ill start getting worried but in the meantime im just enjoying the early part of the season.

just for the record here is how Forest started their first 3 games.

1.SWANSEA 0 - 0 FOREST

2.FOREST 1 - 2 LEEDS UTD

3.BRISTOL R 2 - 2 FOREST

Infact they won 5 out of their first 11 games and they are now playing championship football.

How long did Leyton Orient stay on top for? a long time but ended up mid table.

Enjoy 2nd spot while you can. Past tables year after year follow the same trend year after year.

Leeds and Leicester will still be automatically promoted and comfortably. Oldham will just be like all the others(ie Leyton O.)

You're not very good with your stats numbnuts.

Just for the record :wink: Forests first game was at Bournemouth. Not that it matters really, just shows the level of research of all stats you spout from now on.

Guest oa_exile
Well im gonna leave it for now as you lot are just going around in circles and its boring me silly plus I have to go out soon so if im allowed I can come on here a week today when the tables will look different.

Tatty bye!!

In fairness you came on an OAFC Messageboard giving it large , what do you expect when your team get's a good spanking at Elland Rd of us (again!) :)

4:0 avin a larf :grin: take the slice of humble pie ^_^

You're not very good with your stats numbnuts.

Just for the record :wink: Forests first game was at Bournemouth. Not that it matters really, just shows the level of research of all stats you spout from now on.

we played swansea first game of the season, beat them 2-1. how did forest play them as well?

and to say that both of our disallowed goals were offside - wasnt the first one for a foul against hazel? just stick to watching your higlights spainboy and spouting about a game you didnt even go to watch.