The official oh no we lost a game so lets slate those responsible for it

One match one loss out of the cup to a side in the division above. All the doom and gloom is back. You got it wrong Shez, Gregan better than stam, Maher fit only to be a sub, Neil Eardly is rubbish. I love this board and the chat room but where has the lack of common sense come from. I know opinions ... yes but there is such a thing as constructive critisism.... Wits end sometimes ... hope we m,urder Colchester so reading will become banter instead of suicide material. :mad:

One match one loss out of the cup to a side in the division above. All the doom and gloom is back. You got it wrong Shez, Gregan better than stam, Maher fit only to be a sub, Neil Eardly is rubbish. I love this board and the chat room but where has the lack of common sense come from. I know opinions ... yes but there is such a thing as constructive critisism.... Wits end sometimes ... hope we m,urder Colchester so reading will become banter instead of suicide material. :mad:

My only complaints from tue were that i paid 15£ to go and watch us stick one up front and sit back,

You're right, not many on here wouldn't have taken the start we have had, we are top of the league (which we haven't been since Feb 2007)

We have far more to be happy and optimistic about than we have to be down about (one defeat to a Championship side).

We can go to Colchester, get a result there and kick on.

KTF

:latics::comeon::ktf:

think this post hit the nail on the head

some people on here need a reality check, we are not going to win every single game

put things into perspective, we played a weakened team against a full strength championship team, and lost

its not the first time we have lost

it sure as hell wont be the last time we lose this season either

The difference between a good team and a bad team is how you deal with defeat. When scunthorpe were promoted in 06/07, in all competitions they never lost more than 1 on the bounce, and they lost 7 games all season.

Similar scenario with swansea city, they never lost more than one league game on the bounce and lost a total of 8 when they went up last yr.

If we are in the bottom 4 come christmas, then start the moaning, but for frigs sake we are top of the league and in the league have won 3 out of 3, took us till beggining of sept to get to 9 points in the playoff season, and till end of september last season.

think this post hit the nail on the head

some people on here need a reality check, we are not going to win every single game

put things into perspective, we played a weakened team against a full strength championship team, and lost

its not the first time we have lost

it sure as hell wont be the last time we lose this season either

The difference between a good team and a bad team is how you deal with defeat. When scunthorpe were promoted in 06/07, in all competitions they never lost more than 1 on the bounce, and they lost 7 games all season.

Similar scenario with swansea city, they never lost more than one league game on the bounce and lost a total of 8 when they went up last yr.

If we are in the bottom 4 come christmas, then start the moaning, but for frigs sake we are top of the league and in the league have won 3 out of 3, took us till beggining of sept to get to 9 points in the playoff season, and till end of september last season.

What a load of rubbish what we should be doing is

PANIC! PANIC! PANIC! We will now definately lose 8-0 at Colchester (eardley scoring 4 own goals) be relegated by chrismas be in administration by Febuary and Liquidated by May

Their is no room for that kind of thoughtful perspective on this board.

:sign0068::sign0068::sign0068::sign0068::sign0068:

Hang on a minute Andy. The thread I've highlighted was initiated by me. It was certainly not a doom and gloom thread and if you read the thread, it was a debate about the merits of 2 individuals and preferences of 2 very good players at this level. To me its like asking who should play in midfield for England should it by Gerrard or Lampard with Barry or Hargreaves. Its great to have such riches to choose from. Nowhere in my posting will you find any critisism of Stefan Stam, only my belief that like any other player at this level he is more prone to mistakes and inconsistencies and that Gregan is more commanding, experienced at a higher level and makes less major errors ( that result in us conceeding goals)

Maybe my initial posting could have been phrased better, but there again that could apply to so many postings.

Personally, I think that it is great that we have got such good players to choose from for the position and we certainly look strong enough as a squad to be challenging come the end of the season, so as long as we are in the top 10 at the turn of the year (personally I believe we will be in the top 6). There is NO reason for any D&G.

Cheers,

Harry

Hang on a minute Andy. The thread I've highlighted was initiated by me. It was certainly not a doom and gloom thread and if you read the thread, it was a debate about the merits of 2 individuals and preferences of 2 very good players at this level. To me its like asking who should play in midfield for England should it by Gerrard or Lampard with Barry or Hargreaves. Its great to have such riches to choose from. Nowhere in my posting will you find any critisism of Stefan Stam, only my belief that like any other player at this level he is more prone to mistakes and inconsistencies and that Gregan is more commanding, experienced at a higher level and makes less major errors ( that result in us conceeding goals)

Maybe my initial posting could have been phrased better, but there again that could apply to so many postings.

Personally, I think that it is great that we have got such good players to choose from for the position and we certainly look strong enough as a squad to be challenging come the end of the season, so as long as we are in the top 10 at the turn of the year (personally I believe we will be in the top 6). There is NO reason for any D&G.

Cheers,

Harry

I wasnt having a pop mate just put the titles of the threads in and yeas I read it. You were not having a pop at either but others were. Always the same we win and its happy days lose and D&G sets in . I just dont get it ... its like OCD

Just thinking back to the last end of the season when we had such a poor run away from home.

... Luton and Swindon were both shocking performances.... Gas was a great night out but unfortunately didn't match it on the field, Northampton was also a great disappointment.

Frustration amoungst the fans were very noticable at Swindon and Northampton ............ if you weren't their at Luton you could only imagine what it was like at HT 3-0 down to a team who had not won in over 18 games. But after each poor result, the fans picked themselves up and returned for the next away game because no matter how bad things got on the field ... it was OUR TEAM, THROUGH THINK AND THIN.

The reaction to the result on Tuesday (especially after the 100% start in the league) as just thrown me!! I sudder to think of how people will react if we happen to loose on Sat!!!

You missed the point mate. We know all at OAFC read every post on here so everyone's just trying to help them out with their team selection/formation decisions etc... :grin:

Andy B out!

Team wins...show optimism...be shot down for being over-excited and expecting too much...

Team loses...discuss it...say what may be the reason for defeat...be called suicidal or a D&Ger...

Must be a nice world where everythings black and white.

Best bet is just to shut OWTB I reckon! Let's not bother with it all.......

Or alternatively...

Team wins - complain about defensive errors, still have a go at usual targets, read alternative opinions that suggest you're negative and expecting too much and go into a big sulk

Team loses - find a scapegoat to attack and do so obsessively until the next match, read alternative opinions about scapegoat, tactics, reasons for defeat, and go into a big sulk

Or alternatively...

Team loses - find a scapegoat to attack and do so obsessively until the next match, read alternative opinions about scapegoat, tactics, reasons for defeat, and go into a big sulk

Careful there garcon (or may I call you boy?), scapegoat is an OWTB member and we have been warned recently about personal attacks on here... :wink:

Wait, oh, you said "a scapegoat"...