RRE Stand News

i got the letter today it is a load of rubbish we cant do anything these days now if they put a net up it will take it to far so we have 1 more game next to the away fans thats morecome oh yeah we get a free ticket

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS, if you go to a strip club and touch the dancers the bouncers will have a word and ask you not to do it. If you touch the dancers again you will most likely get a shoeing or worse. They make the rules, they enforce the rules, if you break the rules they deal with it.

The government/police/council have made the rules at BP, the club try to enforce the rules. I am sure if you asked Alan Hardy & Simon Corney I bet they would say off the record that they that they want the OAFC fans to do what they want and create a cracking atmosphere at the ground to help the team win.

But they can't say this publicly as they are governed by the authorities and by the other paying punters who do not want to be sat near fans enjoying their matchday experience as some want to do it.

It is a lose lose situation for the club and for some fans.

peed off cos I chose my seats specifically for atmosphere and being back row and can't replicate those elsewhere in the ground.

And now I'm obliged to attend the Morecambe game too lol.

What a :censored: nerve some of our lot have!!! I'm peed off that our "superfans" can't behave, cost the club time and effort and postage AND then get offered a free ticket to the Morecambe game!!! :censored: joke!!! Can I have one for being moved out of the Chaddy End for the game? Nah, thought not. TBH, I ain't arsed about one but my god, a free ticket for those in the RRE being moved? Pathetic!

Gotta love the club sometimes. Yep, you can roll out the bull about "club can't do right for doing wrong".....our fans were warned after the Millwall game but clearly, Cheltenham had to "get it" too for some strange reason leading to this. It ain't a free ticket they should be getting...it's a charge of £12 to get into Morecambe that it should...the extra £2 for the postage and letter being sent out!!!

Why wasn't this a problem when the stand was first built or when the old RRE had just a bit of chicken wire separating far more supporters? Was everybody better behaved in the 80's and 90's? (I know there were a couple of games when it was a much bigger issue, but in crowds of 5,000?)

As I recall it, the old Rocky Road end was divided into 3 pens. I don't often recall both Latics fans and away fans being in the RRE at the same time, it was usually just one or the other. I think during the promotion season and first season in top flight away teams who usually didn't bring many (Norwich, Wimbledon etc.) they were usually put in the right hand corner pen and there were a few stewards and fuzz in a line by the seperating fence.

Anyway, some of our fans need to stop acting like complete babies about this new development. Get over it.

Well if thats true then what you have said there sums up why this country is stupid!!!

Its not confrontation that the police are worried about then it is standing! Ill be expecting my government issued wheelchair soon then.

I have to say this whole thing is ridiculous! It isn't the clubs fault they are just doing what the police are telling them needs to be done and what some farcical health and safety regulation says. I find it hard to believe that standing in front of your seat with other seats in front of you is in any way a health and safetly risk. I was at Leeds festival last week, where were the health and safetly regulations there during Metallica, QOTSA and Rage? Yeah people got told to take a few steps back during rage due to crushing but i'm fairly sure the level of risk on the whole was on a totally different level to that of a football match and hardly anything was said or done about it. I was one of about 30 people who fell over when QOTSA were playing 'little sister' and could easily have been trampled, i'm not saying that should be the norm at football matches but the health and safetly regualtions need looking at. This no standing lark is further killing the atmosphere at football. How is it that fans can safely stand in Germany at football matches? And if standing at football is such a massive health and safety risk why aren't all terraces banned throughout the football League? Seems a complete lack of common sense has been applied once again. The nanny state strikes again, if I wanna stand and 'risk' injuring myself i'll stand and 'risk' injuring myself, I think i'll just about manage to get through the treturous ordeal.

Edited by LeylandLatic

What a :censored: nerve some of our lot have!!! I'm peed off that our "superfans" can't behave, cost the club time and effort and postage AND then get offered a free ticket to the Morecambe game!!! :censored: joke!!! Can I have one for being moved out of the Chaddy End for the game? Nah, thought not. TBH, I ain't arsed about one but my god, a free ticket for those in the RRE being moved? Pathetic!

Gotta love the club sometimes. Yep, you can roll out the bull about "club can't do right for doing wrong".....our fans were warned after the Millwall game but clearly, Cheltenham had to "get it" too for some strange reason leading to this. It ain't a free ticket they should be getting...it's a charge of £12 to get into Morecambe that it should...the extra £2 for the postage and letter being sent out!!!

You rather miss the point.

Ticket selected due to location in ground (back row, close to away fans for genuine atmosphere, very handy place to put flasks on raised wheelchair bit next to me (I'm over 40 now, so take a flask of hot or cold drink depending on the weather - said I never would, but turned in to my Dad at some point!). Rather liked the seats selected and paid for and handy for getting out of the ground quick too.

Due to a total over reaction by police / stewards to unnecessary actions by a genuine minority of fans and some scumbags from Millwall I'm forced to move for the remainder of the season. From what I could see the 'home' trouble makers weren't actually in the first five columns anyway, so the police 'request' has, as usual, punished the genuine fans and not dealt with the source of the problem.

So what choice of back row seats behind the goal with no wheelchair behind do you think are left? None. Zip. I bought my tickets in May to get the best choice for me and my 10 year old and now have to choose an inferior view / position.

It's one of those things. You take it on the chin. Not the club's fault (although I don't see why they allowed Millwall fans to sit where they did - they should have had the nearest block of their section taped off).

The Morecambe ticket as 'compensation' is the least they can do. It costs them nothing as I wasn't going to go anyway and acknowledges that I have been inconvenienced.

But the suggestion I should be FINED £2 (!!) for the short sightedness of the club in how they managed a 'high risk' game, the pathetic response from her majesty's constabulary who have over-reacted and the stupid actions of a tiny minority has really got my goat.

Either Elf and safety ie the council and police will not grant the entertainmnet license for football to be held at BP unless the club acts as it is asked to do so.

The no standing rule has upset fans at lots of different clubs but hasn't been changed since Hillsborough. Unfortunately this is the restriction imposed on professional league clubs that have stands with seats in them.

Some councils/police forces choose not to enforce this strictly, it appears ours do.

If you don't like it, write to your councillor and police representatives stating your point of view but get off the club's back it is powerless to stop this.

However over zealous stewarding it can do something about, but again get the details of the individual involved and put in a complaint to the club if it is justified.

What I really don't understand is why they aren't taping off the away side. There wouldn't be many sides whose attendance would be an issue even with the loss of them. Have the Police given the instruction to make the point that Latics fans are the cause of it? I wasn't at Cheltenham, but if there was a high level of goading of them, it does sort of give the lie to the theory that Millwall was a one off.

What I really don't understand is why they aren't taping off the away side. There wouldn't be many sides whose attendance would be an issue even with the loss of them. Have the Police given the instruction to make the point that Latics fans are the cause of it? I wasn't at Cheltenham, but if there was a high level of goading of them, it does sort of give the lie to the theory that Millwall was a one off.

There was what I would describe as "good humoured goading" v Cheltenham and "nasty stuff" v Millwall.

Where the away following will not fill the small section of the RRE, simply taping off the set of seats nearest the Latics fans would suffice.

Where there is a bigger following that would fill the section, good policing and stewarding comes in to it.

No idea how much GMP charge for their efforts at BP. but perhaps they should actually earn the money by using intelligent policing based on the risks of the individual fixture, not ridiculous prohibitive stuff.

The first game of the 5-column change is MK Dons. Let's face it, the Franchise mob are hardly likely to pack the stand out.

I go with the outcome because the club has no choice.

But police and other bodies are using their powers far too widely in this country and this is a pathetic thin end of a much more sinister wedge.

not the clubs fault but this'll knock a few more off the next gate.

after MK Dons we'll have people in the middle and other end of the stand complaining about the herberts who've been moved near them. guaranteed.

Perhaps the opportunity to set up a new "herberts section" in the ground could be taken?

If the people concerned would just sit down like they are supposed to do then the club would not have take these measures.

Sing, shout and have banter with opposing fans by all means as it's part of the match ritual but the standing is pretty obviously a no,no.

.........and let's all be honest thae standing IS the main issue here (see t'other threads).

sorry can't agree there. Standing is always going to happen when something exciting happens no way this is going to change

Edited by laticsmad

whether you agree or not persistent standing could get the ground closed temporarily or permanently.

Personally I agree that it is a complete over reaction but unfortunately the council/police have the power to abuse/use it depending on your point of view. Similar to the supposed anti-terrorism law that is now being flouted up and down this snooper nation.

Frustrating but not the clubs fault

It's just an other example of PC being taken to far, and one of the reasons the atmosphere at BP is virtualy non existent. The attitude and tretment of home fans is an absolute disgrace, imo the club has little or no chance of progressing with the likes of herr hardy on board.

Guest oa_exile
sorry can't agree there. Standing is always going to happen when something exciting happens no way this is going to change

:blink: Not what I said , I am up and down like a yo-yo during the game.

The issue is the standing for 90 mins of the game.

Guest oa_exile
Well if thats true then what you have said there sums up why this country is stupid!!!

Its not confrontation that the police are worried about then it is standing! Ill be expecting my government issued wheelchair soon then.

Oooooooh the irony of that post , was that not one of the issues at the Millwall game ? people standing in front of the fans in wheelchair's ?

Be careful Wozz if you get your "government issued wheelchair" you probably wont be able to see the game because people are standing up in front of you :blink: I wonder if that would make you complain ? :wink:

just a point 2 note

watching the ars v new match and were the new fans are there is couple of handrails on 1 side and what looks like 2 if not 3 empty rows of seats to divide the 2 sets of fan.

So why is it differents for us when we have a proper divide in place?

I think we had a bad 1st home game fixture in which this has all come from, coz as i see it if it was a team with a low following all of this wouldn't of happened

just a point 2 note

watching the ars v new match and were the new fans are there is couple of handrails on 1 side and what looks like 2 if not 3 empty rows of seats to divide the 2 sets of fan.

So why is it differents for us when we have a proper divide in place?

I think we had a bad 1st home game fixture in which this has all come from, coz as i see it if it was a team with a low following all of this wouldn't of happened

maybe not....but at some point we will play leeds,millwall tranmere and leicster at home....so it was inevitable that it would happen....

the club do not want to alienate fans from coming to boundry park,but also dont want to look as though it does nothing to our own hooligan elemant....

the club i think have been very naive to think that all would be rosy and there would be no hostility either from home fans or away fans.....the clubs own health and safety officer should have forseen that something would happen eventually....the introduction of beer and hostility between rival fans is a mixture for troiuble...

the club should have installed some form of safety measure during the close season,either netting or to even take out rows of seats from both sides of the wall...

now because of millwall and the possibility it could happen against leeds mean that the police are now instructing the club on health and safety and telling them in no uncertain term sort it or we will close it.

its about time the fans involved in this baiting realised that there actions can only harm the club in the long run....we already have a reduced capacity,another stand being closed down or even a very big fine could tip the season on its head at a time when were trying to get out of this division...

All this whinging and whining! It's simple really; comply with the law of the land, OR legally campaign to get the law changed - lobby your MP's.

Under the present laws persistent standing is simply not permitted.

Let's be fair much of what we have seen in the RRE so far wouldn't be tolerated on the streets, so why should it be acceptable on the terraces. Most of the little s_ _ _s causing the problems are nowt but cretins.

If people don't see sence soon there won't be winners and loosers; there will only be loosers - with the club being the biggest looser.

Those making comparison with Germany (where same standing is facilitated by remodelling the terracing) perhaps don't appreciate that this comes at a price that most club's cannot afford - even if they had the desire; which most don't.