robinho to city!

They may be able to offer the cash.

But if you were Robinho, would you seriously consider this?

Nope ... me neither.

why not? not over popular at real and could now be a big fish in a small pond. City now have more money than Chelski so this could be the start of big things for them. I think he will sign

<shrug>

I await to be proved wrong (again!) - Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon on Spanish television station VEO: "We have agreed to sell the player for human reasons, for footballing reasons and for an important quantity of money."

Wolves have sold a striker to Preston ..... eeeek!

Edited by opinions4u

There are those who would say I implied it would never happen.

oh got ya...

Big question now is what the hell is going on with Berbatov....

Looks like United unless the Robinho signing has changed things.... Although i doubt City would spend 60+ million on two players even if they are now loaded...

oh got ya...

Big question now is what the hell is going on with Berbatov....

Looks like United unless the Robinho signing has changed things.... Although i doubt City would spend 60+ million on two players even if they are now loaded...

Hughes admitted that City haven't spoken to Berbatov. Only to Spurs.

So it's Utd's player (unless Spurs have shafted them at the last minute).

Edited by opinions4u

Simple facts:

Robinho isn't actually all that good - OK, he's a very very talented footballer, but there is a reason why Madrid are very easy about letting him go, and there is a reason why the price they are getting is hugely over-inflated (it involves a SWOOSH and his passport).

The only other big name players who have apparently been interested in City are a fat drugged up has-been who has already squired every fit lass in Catalonia and thought about fresh conquests, and a Bulgarian whore who makes out he wants to play at the top level but is clearly thinking of swapping Man Utd for Man City for more money.

It's like Spurs or Newcastle with a few more quid - they have to pay way over the odds for the players that the genuinely top clubs don't want to go the extra mile for, because the players don't actually want to be there. Trust me my amigos, the good times will continue to roll from Eastlands for many years to come :)

Simple facts:

Robinho isn't actually all that good - OK, he's a very very talented footballer, but there is a reason why Madrid are very easy about letting him go, and there is a reason why the price they are getting is hugely over-inflated (it involves a SWOOSH and his passport).

The only other big name players who have apparently been interested in City are a fat drugged up has-been who has already squired every fit lass in Catalonia and thought about fresh conquests, and a Bulgarian whore who makes out he wants to play at the top level but is clearly thinking of swapping Man Utd for Man City for more money.

It's like Spurs or Newcastle with a few more quid - they have to pay way over the odds for the players that the genuinely top clubs don't want to go the extra mile for, because the players don't actually want to be there. Trust me my amigos, the good times will continue to roll from Eastlands for many years to come :)

I think its different this time. They needed one massive name in order to attract others. One coming to the peak, rather than past it. Now they have one, I bet there are more in jan and next summer city will sign about 10 and play fantasy football.

I quite like city and the fact they will now give the red scum a run for their money amuses me.I dont think robinho is or will be the player Zidane was or Ronaldinho was 3 years ago, but hes a massive global name who will attract others. Especially when the ££££££ signs are flashed.

Dr. Thailand bought players like Elano, Petrov - ok good, very good players. But listening to hughes speak he's gunna be after the best of the best in a years time.

Edited by pukka

I think its different this time. They needed one massive name in order to attract others. One coming to the peak, rather than past it. Now they have one, I bet there are more in jan and next summer city will sign about 10 and play fantasy football.

I quite like city and the fact they will now give the red scum a run for their money amuses me.

I pity you your illness

That aside - are you having a laugh? I am not one of these closet Man U supporters, or one of those who likes them for whatever reason, but I know a good side when I see one. Man Utd are easily the equal of Madrid in terms of world football. Man City have signed a player Madrid rejected, at an absurdly, ludicrously inflated price. Do you honestly think Robinho wouldn't have gone to Milan, or Barca, or maybe even one of the better French clubs if he was serious about his career and they thought he was good enough to play for them? He is Brazilian and his name is a bit like Ronaldo, hence you can add £20m to the sale price so that the Nike marketing chief at the Big Top has part one of his strategy. They will sign many more players who aren't quite good enough to make it at really top clubs but would like a whopping pay cheque. Agents will be heading to Manchester and ordering epic quantities of Bolivian marching powder tonight. And in a year's time, City will be a joke club. Always were, always will be.

Chelsea wanted him. Robinho was going to go to Chelsea, if madrid had've accepted their bid. You can hardly say Chelsea aren't a major force can you? So buying players who haven't made it IMO isn't exactly true.

Robinho is a massive name in world football. I personally dont think he's as good as many think he is, but he is a player that any of the top clubs want. Real included. They wanted to keep him. He forced their hand.

First pictures of Robinho - after signing for city. Look how pleased he is!!!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Robinho/2331...q%3Drobinho%26i

Edited by pukka

Chelsea wanted him. Robinho was going to go to Chelsea, if madrid had've accepted their bid. You can hardly say Chelsea aren't a major force can you? So buying players who haven't made it IMO isn't exactly true.

Robinho is a massive name in world football. I personally dont think he's as good as many think he is, but he is a player that any of the top clubs want. Real included. They wanted to keep him. He forced their hand.

First pictures of Robinho - after signing for city. Look how pleased he is!!!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Robinho/2331...q%3Drobinho%26i

You'll be telling me our players use Facebook next :unsure:

Granted Scolari was sniffing about him, keen to make him the next in the line of over-priced Portuguesers to earn a good whack at Chelsea - but I didn't see the rest of the footballing world falling over themselves to pay more for him than you could have spent on five very decent players from a less absurdly priced situation. Let's be clear about this - Man City are trying to go for a Galactico policy. I will bookmark this post, as I have a very secure feeling that it will be worth it's weight in gold :grin:

as an aside - how do you bookmark topics? I did some predictions on the start of the season and will have a look at them come may

I'm a technotard, but you might find the Search button up the top right useful for searching for your posts. You can bookmark things to your own PC with the, erm, Bookmark function which is at the top of my Firefox screen at the moment :unsure:

Or you could just ask BB80, he will have it filed away somewhere :wink: