Tranmere Tickets

It's rare that I have a bone to pick with the Latics TO but it looks like I've got one now.

I went there before the Cheltenham game and asked if I needed to purchase Tranmere tickets in advance. They said no. I asked again and said I was going to need a 17-22 ticket, and they checked amongst themselves and confirmed that all ticket prices would be available on the day at Prenton Park.

Then I see this today on the fishal, saying that if you want a 17-22 ticket it needs to be bought in advance. Two days before the fecking game. I'm very unimpressed...I'm not going to make it up to BP in time now, they'll have to post it out but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get here in time for the game.

Very unimpressive, and it's rare that that's said about the service in the Latics TO.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's rare that I have a bone to pick with the Latics TO but it looks like I've got one now.

I went there before the Cheltenham game and asked if I needed to purchase Tranmere tickets in advance. They said no. I asked again and said I was going to need a 17-22 ticket, and they checked amongst themselves and confirmed that all ticket prices would be available on the day at Prenton Park.

Then I see this today on the fishal, saying that if you want a 17-22 ticket it needs to be bought in advance. Two days before the fecking game. I'm very unimpressed...I'm not going to make it up to BP in time now, they'll have to post it out but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get here in time for the game.

Very unimpressive, and it's rare that that's said about the service in the Latics TO.

Thats Why I Always Buy My Ticket In Advanced Regardless To What They Say.

Email alan hardy. He always responds and does look into this. Ok It doesn't help you out now, but may help in the future. He gets a lot of stick with the fans, but I've always found him to be hard working and always responds to anything I ask or points I put forward.

Only 400 sold so far.

From the OS news piece I was assuming that loads had already shifted – ‘avoid disappointment’ etc

I’m sure most people will be paying on the gate anyway, probably at a din-dippingly tasty £24 or thereabouts.

£20.50 apparently.

I think well take 1600 - 1800. Within the first month of the season Tranmere, leeds, rochdale and Burnley. Thats a lot of away games for people to spend on. (90% of away fans wouldn't have gone to col u) Hartlepool and Stockport next two away games up.

From Christmas we've got crewe and huddersfield around xmas and then after that is our nearest Walsall on the last day?

Edited by pukka

Guest oa_exile
I’m sure most people will be paying on the gate anyway, probably at a din-dippingly tasty £24 or thereabouts.

£20.50 pay on the day OR have i missed something ? :blink:

Only 400 sold so far.

From the OS news piece I was assuming that loads had already shifted – ‘avoid disappointment’ etc

Although it's stating the obvious, I would remind supporters that if they expect to see the kick-off, they need to join the turnstile queue in enough time to accommodate up to 2,000 fans paying on the day.

I suspect you need to be picking ya bone with the Bindippers ... I'd put money on them telling Latics all types of tickets will be available, then telling us different.

The club are mis-informed all the time by the away team ...... it's a little way to ensure they make a few extra few ££££ from the away fans. Many times tickets are £2 quid cheaper in advance, but they don't actually send the tickets to Latics to sell.

As jacko posted the other day. Can anyone help him out here? does anyone have a junior Latics book and does not intend travelling to Tranmere who'll allow jacko to purchase his ticket and take advantage of the free child place for his lad? I am goin up tom to get our tickets so any offers?

£20.50 pay on the day OR have i missed something ? :blink:

You're correct. It's £19.50 in advance with the £1 saved put towards an extra pint in the pub, in the knowledge that the queue for ticket-holders will be much shorter than for those paying on the gate.

EDIT: I know it says £20.50 on the OS but Mrs. S. was only charged £19.50 for an adult ticket on Tuesday.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

You're correct. It's £19.50 in advance with the £1 saved put towards an extra pint in the pub, in the knowledge that the queue for ticket-holders will be much shorter than for those paying on the gate.

EDIT: I know it says £20.50 on the OS but Mrs. S. was only charged £19.50 for an adult ticket on Tuesday.

The difference being that come 3pm when there's still a big queue. They'll just decide to open the big gates and charge everyone a fiver to save the hassle like they did the other season.

The difference being that come 3pm when there's still a big queue. They'll just decide to open the big gates and charge everyone a fiver to save the hassle like they did the other season.

Those paying a fiver will still be counted in the attendance total and the VAT man will still get his cut from those fivers. :wink:

:shock::huh: I was charged £20.50 for an adult ticket on Monday.

I'm thinking of going over tomorrow from Manchester.

I'm not that bothered about paying more on the day but will I be able to get tickets there? Also, how easy is it to get there from Lime Street? any ideas on buses e.t.c?

Cheers

If you're giving yourself 24 hours to get there from Lime St then I wouldn't worry too much.

There's no need to panic, just leave on Saturday like everyone else.

Guest oa_exile
Thanks just read that myself...

Guess I'll be able to smell out the stadium from one of those train stations!

If you hold fire there will be plenty posting about meeting from the station at Lime St onwards.

Keep an eye on this thread :

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17082

Edited by oa_exile