Just read the match report in the NOTW which quotes Ronnie Moore saying the refs assistant got the decision wrong for Tranmere`s disallowed goal and the referee being unable to overrule him.

Correct me if I`m wrong or if the ruling has changed but I was under the impression that referees have the authority to overrule their assistant`s decisions.Didn`t the ref at Bloomfield Road overrule the linesman`s decision to disallow Wellens`long range goal for offside a couple of seasons ago?

Just read the match report in the NOTW which quotes Ronnie Moore saying the refs assistant got the decision wrong for Tranmere`s disallowed goal and the referee being unable to overrule him.

Correct me if I`m wrong or if the ruling has changed but I was under the impression that referees have the authority to overrule their assistant`s decisions.Didn`t the ref at Bloomfield Road overrule the linesman`s decision to disallow Wellens`long range goal for offside a couple of seasons ago?

yes. often see the ref give throw ins the opposite way the linesman says, or not give a free kick the linesman flags for.

and when we played bournemouth away not so long ago, didnt the linesman flag for offside or a free kick for one of their goals and the ref overruled him

unless this is a new thing that has come out this season where refs cant over rule assistant referees

Refs aere in charge, and can over rule anyone.

Put yourself in the referees position. would you have the gonads to overrule a lino on such an important decision, when you cant be sure of it yourself?

I certainly wouldnt, and it would open a big can of worms

I was surprised when he didn't overrule the linesman because he'd given them just about everything up until that point!!!

I mentioned in my report on the ernieflag site that credit was due to Ronnie for not giving us as many HOOF opportunities as in previous seasons.

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron he makes the point.

RONNIE Moore believes Tranmere’s performance at Prenton Park on Saturday could silence a few of his critics.

Visiting fans gave Moore – now in his third season as Rovers boss – the usual rough ride during Athletic’s 1-0 victory.

But he said: “Although Oldham are a passing side and Shez doesn’t like them to hoof it, I think they played more long balls than us.

“That might keep the Oldham crowd a bit quiet with all the “hoof” and “boom” they like to shout at me.”

Tranmere will receive an automatic fine after having six players booked in the weekend match.

Antony Kay, Craig Curran, Ben Chorley, Edrissa Sonko and Steve Jennings were all cautioned for fouls, while Ian Moore was lucky to escape with a yellow card after whacking the ball at the linesman who disallowed Tranmere’s goal.