Exiled Oldhamers

Saw a thread on here a while ago about why they supported Latics so I thought I would start another about what you miss

about Oldham. (Might get moved this I dont know)

I miss Oven Bottom Muffins. You cant get them here in Cheshire :disappointed:

Oh, and my Friday nights out in Oldham ^_^

Janet

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've been away toooooooooooo long you mean "Declerks" :wink:

Yes I mean De Clerks. Them floury ones. Not that rubbish that they sell in The Asda they pass off as Oven Bottoms.

When I get back up to Oldham I usually buy them by the wagon load and freeze them.

I could just do a cheese and onion oven bottom muffin :grin:

Oh and forgot. A good curry.

Edited by Heath

Guest oa_exile
Yes I mean De Clerks.

Ooohhhh very international :grin:

You are right though , not them they sell in ASDA , think they are called "Lancashire oven bottoms" :redcard: taste nowt like the real thing !

is this exclusively for exiles,lol

i live in chaddy but i miss the old proper market,and the chippy that used to be on the side with the proper scallops....

and the odeon cinema.

Name 3 cinema's in Oldham begining with T?

The Roxy

Th'ABC

Th'Odeon

:D

Edited by Heath

I visit Oldham well over 40 times a year so have every opportunity to restock on Rushton's throat sweets anf Uncle Joe's mint balls. I miss Compo's fish and chips since it closed down - now have to go to Mr. Thomas's at Hollingworth Lake for comparable quality.

I would like to walk through the surrounding countryside, but never have the time.

Rushtons!!!!!!

Flippin Eck, Forgot all about them.

And Oldham Market isnt the same anymore, used to buy many an outfit from there for my nights out at The Cat's Whiskers

and Bailey's :grin: Ahhhh memories.........................

I miss Hollands Pies though

Yes, yes, yes... I miss them so much, especially the gooey Cheese and Onion ones, my mum use to cook (microwave) them so well, the crust was to die for. Also Rushton's Originals sweets... as rare as hens teeth!

Yes, yes, yes... I miss them so much, especially the gooey Cheese and Onion ones, my mum use to cook (microwave) them so well, the crust was to die for. Also Rushton's Originals sweets... as rare as hens teeth!

...just to add! I did source the Rushton's Originals to a factory in Sheffield where they are still made, they would send me a whole tub for £25 if I wanted. I think the company was Mawson's.

I know that was a tad boring but they really are that good, I think Latics have scored more goals as a result of me sucking these fine sweets over the years.