Andy Liddell

Anyone else , like me, starting to realise how important he is to us as a team?

i've never been his biggest fan in the last 3 years and like many i expected/wanted for deane smalley to start on the right this season. his scoring record for us is impressive and his work rate and fitness for a 35 yr old is excellent. He's a cool head whilst in possesion and rarely gives the ball away. His assists stats especially in the play off year are immense his pullback for hughesy's second against cheltenham was an excellent bit of quick thinking. on top of this he's bagged every penalty he's stepped up for. Smalley is without doubt the future but for now im really enjoying lids' form.

i've never been his biggest fan in the last 3 years and like many i expected/wanted for deane smalley to start on the right this season. his scoring record for us is impressive and his work rate and fitness for a 35 yr old is excellent. He's a cool head whilst in possesion and rarely gives the ball away. His assists stats especially in the play off year are immense his pullback for hughesy's second against cheltenham was an excellent bit of quick thinking. on top of this he's bagged every penalty he's stepped up for. Smalley is without doubt the future but for now im really enjoying lids' form.

Here Here.

He makes Eardley play better as hes always there to pass too. Smalley enjoys his runs but sometimes doesnt support Eardley therefore leading to his usual Sand Wedge down the line.

Edited by razza699

A thread actually about the Latics team? We haven't had one of these for days...

I hate to say I told you so.......actually, I love it.

Told you about Greegs too.

If only I could be bothered to trawl back to find the Liddell and Gregan 'too old, too slow' threads of months gone by......anybody care to?

I hate to say I told you so.......actually, I love it.

Told you about Greegs too.

If only I could be bothered to trawl back to find the Liddell and Gregan 'too old, too slow' threads of months gone by......anybody care to?

Also when under pressure you can always rely on Lids to get you a free kick .

Also when under pressure you can always rely on Lids to get you a free kick .

i shall holds my hands upto to saying lidds is past it,he has proved a lot of people wrong,but i can honestly say i wasnt on the greegans too old bandwaggon.....

what is pleasing is the fact these two have had bed injurys and the club has done it right and not rushed them back,like it has in the past,and that is why we are now getting the benefit from it.

if we go up im confident greegan could still do a good job,but not sure about lidds.

As I have always said, Liddell is a crucial and valued part of the team, anyone who says that he is past-it, and contributes nothing... well they are just spouting gubbins out of their backside!*

:stupid:

*This may not be the official viewpoint of the BigFin "Deano for the right wing as he contributes more to the team" campaign

As I have always said, Liddell is a crucial and valued part of the team, anyone who says that he is past-it, and contributes nothing... well they are just spouting gubbins out of their backside!*

*This may not be the official viewpoint of the BigFin "Deano for the right wing as he contributes more to the team" campaign

Haha fair play BigFin......

Just had a nosey through some old threads.....

Lids debate

Another

:lol:

Wonder if BB80 has anything to contribute....

Wonder if BB80 has anything to contribute....

I suspect he'd say the season is only eight games old, and Liddell's season but six games (including his no-touch affair at Dale).

He's had a decent start to the season, but let's not get carried away - it is when pitches start to get heavy that you will see if he still has the legs, not prancing around like a gazelle in the summer sunshine at the start of the season on lovely pitches.

I suspect he'd say the season is only eight games old, and Liddell's season but six games (including his no-touch affair at Dale).

He's had a decent start to the season, but let's not get carried away - it is when pitches start to get heavy that you will see if he still has the legs, not prancing around like a gazelle in the summer sunshine at the start of the season on lovely pitches.

Why have we many games on snipe clough this season?? :unsure:

Is there a 'clutching at straws' smiley anywhere?

I must say he is looking sharper this season, seems like he may have been carrying injuries for most of his time here so far. Good to have him and Smalley after that right wing spot, maybe Smalley breathing down his neck has upped his game. I think we will reap the benefits of having all this competition for places. Well done Shez and the team!

why?

I spotted that Whoosh, it was the wettest August ever recorded.

Guest sheridans_world

Second I saw the thread I knew you would be involved......somewhere :wink:

Lidds is a big part of the team, he's a good leader to have on the pitch. I think his performances so far this season have proven he is more than up-to the third tier. Now if we get promoted..... thats a different story!

Alright, let's put it a diferent way. i suspect BB80 (although i cannot speak for him) and myself will be on here bowing down to superior knowledge when he actually does the job over at least half the season. Until then let's bide our time. let us remember - this is what? nearly four months effort in three and a half years.

Five games (in reality), which he hasn't been great over all of them, does not make a great season.

I will say he has had a decent start though (even though I already have). I hope all on here are willing to admit the same when he plays :censored:.

Alright, let's put it a diferent way. i suspect BB80 (although i cannot speak for him) and myself will be on here bowing down to superior knowledge when he actually does the job over at least half the season. Until then let's bide our time. let us remember - this is what? nearly four months effort in three and a half years.

Five games (in reality), which he hasn't been great over all of them, does not make a great season.

I will say he has had a decent start though (even though I already have). I hope all on here are willing to admit the same when he plays :censored:.

i seem to remember him being top of assist table so how can you say he hasnt made effort???!

Also he was awesome when we first signed him till his achilles went!!

I seem to remember him being top of assist table so how can you say he hasn't made effort???!

Also he was awesome when we first signed him till his achilles went!!

Those assists came in three of those four months I'm on about.

I'd like nothing better than to eat my words at a further point in the season when things are proven, but at this stage I'm just a little sceptical due to alot of the crap that has been served up previously.

Those assists came in three of those four months I'm on about.

I'd like nothing better than to eat my words at a further point in the season when things are proven, but at this stage I'm just a little sceptical due to alot of the crap that has been served up previously.

Cautious praisefrom me to Liddell, perhaps a bit of an Indian Summer AND Eards is a better right-back with an old head in front of him BUT ask me at the end of the season as I still feel Deano is being hard done by being kept out of the side by a guy who spent most of last season injured and was pisspoor for most of the year before. Anyhow maybe Deano is the reason Lidds is putting in a shift now, ironic how there's no better motivation than a young whipper snapper chomping at the bit looking to take away your generous appearance fee. Bring on the Mongs, one club I truly, truly despise with a passion!