Stockport Game

why when sharks own the ground county only rent it !

I appreciate that Sale Sharks own it, but from what I understand, the draw for the competition (EDF CUp) was made on or around the 8th of July - the football league fixtures had been out for over a fortnight by then. The RFU/Sale Sharks would have known that COunty were scheduled to be at home that day, so why not set the date as Sunday the 5th?

Under the terms of County's lease, they have priority over Sale Sharks for the fixture when there's a clash.

County had severe problems with the pitch last season, as the Egg chasers tended to make a mess of it on televised Friday rugby matches, leaving the proper footballers playing on a beach the next day.

My guess is that County would prefer to play before Sale rather than after because of this.

It'll be played on the Saturday.

its way too late for them to rearrange now, police need notifying in advance and the league as well. Both clubs know moving it would cut the crowd by at least half. SATURDAY IT WILL BE - IM SURE SALE CAN MOVE TO SUNDAY!

As Sale get the bigger crowds, I would assume the police need telling that one game or the other will be moved pretty soon!