Stockport Away

what a load of crap! Have only just found out about this. Have had my train tickets booked for weeks. A group of us were doing this and then hopping a cab to Old Trafford for the RL. Looks like a good solid 5 hours drinking in Manchester on the Saturday afternoon then.

If Stockport have first dibs on the fixture why are they rolling over for what would have been one of their biggest gates of the season?? Get back to League 2 you amateurs.

Would suit a passing game more, playing before the rugby, rather than after. Pitch impact of egg chasing at EP is loads worse than at BP.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would make sense for Stockport to play their game on Saturday and Sale to play on Sunday. Am ticked off about this - I really had no idea, there goes the centrepiece of my northern weekend.

It is due to the Sale game being televised, meaning they can't shift it.

Which leaves Friday or Sunday...

Edited by OldhamSheridan

and while I'm frothing at the mouth have any of the clubs made any public announcements at all about this? If yes then it passed me by. If not then it's bloody shoddy.

there was a little bit in last nights cron about them going to have to change it but a decision was not made.

not being in the know with this scenario is this now a ground share or is is it still stockports ground and if so why the hell have they not got control???

I have a vague memory of them having to sell the ground to Sale due to being skint.

As for the complete lack of info - until last nights little Chron snippet - a fellow member of my party has summed it up well "treat the punter with contempt, they wont mind"

I think the TV argument is a red herring - Sky dont show games from the 'EDF Energy Cup'. It's the BBC and they've already got another game pencilled in for the Saturday. Methinks Sale are saying "sod off, we own the place." and Stockport are rolling over and telling Latics its got to be Friday night. It would seem that Latics dont want Friday night and are probably telling Stockport to grow a backbone.

this is John from Dublin, thought I was the only mad fan travelling, do you go to many matches, where are you in Dubs maybe we could meet up? I'm on the Southside

Hi John, I'm based on the northside, in glasnevin. Lonely furrow being a latics fan in Ireland! Shels fan as well. If there's a game on the box during the season, defo hook up. Might see you in edgeley park. Got a tricolour with an oldham badge on it!