Just a point that hasnt been covered .... Hughesy coming off after an hour or so .... tactical or perhaps another injury?

Probably knackered as he is unlikely to have trained much during the week and you can't take chances. Its better him coming off after an hour today and getting in a full weeks training before the Huddersfield game than play 90 today, not training during the week and struggling for Saturday.

Cheers,

Harry

Probably knackered as he is unlikely to have trained much during the week and you can't take chances. Its better him coming off after an hour today and getting in a full weeks training before the Huddersfield game than play 90 today, not training during the week and struggling for Saturday.

Cheers,

Harry

Exactly the case IMO, it was stated he hadnt trained at all this week on friday, and was doubtful... he was bloody knackered and came off... there wasnt a hint of a limp or any sign he was injured, so just tactical...

It was great management by Shez as O'Grady had a blinder, dont think he is too far away from a starting spot.

Watching Davies and O'Grady yesterday, I would say one of them deserves to be in the team on saturday ahead of lewi - think he needs a break, and could do with banging a couple of goals in in the stiffs, he has done great but its time to use our squad... would especially like to see Davies pace against 'udders terribly slow back line....

Davies and O'Grady looked a great partnership too though... so even Hughesy needs to be on his toes....

Watching Davies and O'Grady yesterday, I would say one of them deserves to be in the team on saturday ahead of lewi - think he needs a break, and could do with banging a couple of goals in in the stiffs, he has done great but its time to use our squad... would especially like to see Davies pace against 'udders terribly slow back line....

Totally agree with that, it's time to give Lewis a break - I think if we over play him he could tail off a bit like Smalley did when he came onto the scene. Give him a rest and watch him storm back like Smalley did.

Is that true? By the accounts of the players you mention, maybe they should do it every week.

Saw him in Lees and mentioned the bet I have on him for top scorer. He said don't worry he's got himself at 50/1 and will be making sure he's fit for the rest of the season.

Top bloke as well. Stopped with us for about 10 mins talking nonsense even though he had no clue who we were.

Saw him in Lees and mentioned the bet I have on him for top scorer. He said don't worry he's got himself at 50/1 and will be making sure he's fit for the rest of the season.

Top bloke as well. Stopped with us for about 10 mins talking nonsense even though he had no clue who we were.

Same odds as I have. Hope he sees sense and stops passing to the others :wink:

Unless Jermaine Beckford leaves during the Jan transfer window I doubt you're going to see any money Lees

Thing is, this is exactly what Beckford did last season. And then when Derby came sniffing (and the transfer speculation arose) his head went and so did his game. If Hughes stays fit then I think he'll score more than Beckford over the 9mths.

Edited by boundaryblue80

would especially like to see Davies pace against 'udders terribly slow back line

You have spotted that flaw, I hope the manager has.

Davies should start for Alessandra IMO with Smalley on the bench to add more pace later in the game.

On the other side of the coin Hudds will be powerful in the air, and knowing Latics vulnerability to this I hope he has noted that that too.

You have spotted that flaw, I hope the manager has.

Davies should start for Alessandra IMO with Smalley on the bench to add more pace later in the game.

On the other side of the coin Hudds will be powerful in the air, and knowing Latics vulnerability to this I hope he has noted that that too.

lewi needs a break i agree,would bring craig davies in with hughsey he must be chomping at the bit as must deano,i would also play byrne at c/b for the extra pace rather than stam,shez has loads of options which is great weve not seen the best of maher yet.