Stockport Away

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one on the roundabout innit? Anyone, I'll be able* to give advance scouting reports as I'm getting in at around 3

* So long as I can speak

My train is due in at 18:05. Never done Stockport on the train before. How far is the ground from the station?

Ahhh, course it is. You can see the ground from the train.

Thanks

Leave the station on the other side (west) from the main entrance with ticket office, taxi rank, cinema and bowling centre (Grand Central). That will bring you to Edgeley Park within 5 minutes.

Leave the station on the other side (west) from the main entrance with ticket office, taxi rank, cinema and bowling centre (Grand Central). That will bring you to Edgeley Park within 5 minutes.

I've got a covered ticket but just looked at it and I'm on the front row so will get wet anyway! Balls.

I think you'll find the acoustics are better in the covered corner.

Unless you have a drum, in which case I suggest behind the goal... :grin:

Is it reserved steating in the covered corner? I forgot to ask on the phone.

I feel the uncovered has a backup which makes it better. If getting leathered (beaten) you can always watch the planes flying overhead instead of the game.

Although shouting "Da plane, Boss, da plane" everytime one comes over soon loses its humour.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I feel the uncovered has a backup which makes it better. If getting leathered (beaten) you can always watch the planes flying overhead instead of the game.

Although shouting "Da plane, Boss, da plane" everytime one comes over soon loses its humour.

Oddly enough, some old-timer saw a plane going overhead there a few years ago and shouted, “Rodney’s getting warmed up!” which was topical and very funny at the time, but he did turn out to be a bit of a one-joke pony after that and it was wearing a little bit thin after 90 minutes.

Got mine at lunch. As said, there's only tickets behind the goal now. Still a fair few left, but going quickly.

Popular Stand, along the side, has a capacity of 800 but only around 500 are given over to Tics. Railway Stand behind the goal can seat 1550. If around the same number have been sold in both areas, then I'd reckon about 1000 left behind goal.

Popular Stand, along the side, has a capacity of 800 but only around 500 are given over to Tics. Railway Stand behind the goal can seat 1550. If around the same number have been sold in both areas, then I'd reckon about 1000 left behind goal.

Huh?

I dont know how much the stand at the sides holds but weve been given 800, not 500, about two blocks i think. And the stand behind the goal holds 1200 ... not 1550 :unsure:

I am in the main stand as always when we play Stockport. Great view and when last their had to tell Feeneys wife to do one as she started throwing abuse at me for celebrating us scoring :lol:

She was informed I was a guest of the club and shut sit down. She was effin and jeffin with a kid on her lap which did not go down well with anyone.

Best time ther though was Eyres last minute free kick!!!!