Leeds slap 6million on Beckford!

SIX MILLION? :laught16: maybe we've always caught him on an off day but he's never looked that impressive against us,and even with his goals record....well someone who scores lots of goals in the third division still isn't worth £6m. if he's worth that much we should hold out for 10m for Taylor. You know, seeing as the world's gone mad.

Edited by rosa

Quite clearly no-one with any knowledge of him will pay that kind of money, and surely that "out-there" price tag will unsettle him if he has ambitions to play at a better level? No disrespect to Leeds, oh go on then, with a lot of disrespect to Leeds - If we know that he's not worth £6m but we recognise he ain't that bad, well he's destined to stay at Leeds for a while then - I mean with a realistic transfer fee he could be playing at a higher level this season. I don't know his motivations or his current pay, but a striker who is happy to stay at Leeds and not move on - giving the perception that he has no ambition - says to me that he'd rather be cock-o-the-walk in a Div3 outfit than fight for a place in a better league...

What an arse.

Quite clearly no-one with any knowledge of him will pay that kind of money, and surely that "out-there" price tag will unsettle him if he has ambitions to play at a better level? No disrespect to Leeds, oh go on then, with a lot of disrespect to Leeds - If we know that he's not worth £6m but we recognise he ain't that bad, well he's destined to stay at Leeds for a while then - I mean with a realistic transfer fee he could be playing at a higher level this season. I don't know his motivations or his current pay, but a striker who is happy to stay at Leeds and not move on - giving the perception that he has no ambition - says to me that he'd rather be cock-o-the-walk in a Div3 outfit than fight for a place in a better league...

What an arse.

If he is worth that sort of money his agent would be demanding he gets £30k + a week, and I can't see even DL paying that sort of money in this division. IMO Beckford is in a similar bracket to Hughesy, in that a relegation threatened Premiership team could just have a cheeky punt on him when they need goals, or likewise a Championship team looking for a little lift in their promotion bid. I'm thinking Jonathan Stead/Dean Lardarse.

I don't think they've put a £6m price tag on him to sell him, they've done it as a statement of "the lad ain't going anywhere" to all and sundry.

I despise Leeds as much as the next Latic, but can't deny he's a good player (probably Championship or lower reaches of Prem). £1m-£2m would be my valuation of him. We've handled him well whenever we've played them but his record speaks for itself.