Respect For RRE Season Ticket Holders

The Lookers has been knocked down years (decades maybe)before the sod can be cut on a replacement. Most Lookers fans have been displaced to the RRE with all the well chronicled problems, although the atmosphere is good. Displaced again today, unnecessarily and found the seats at the Sheepfoot lane side were a filthy disgrace. Some went to the trouble of having to get paper towel to clean them they were that bad. Come on Simon/Alan get a grip. If the Director's box was like that heads would roll. Don't moan about attendances with disgraceful customer service like that. In any other walk of life outside that of the football supporter refunds would be demanded. Rest assured we will be at Stockport next week and back for Hereford and back in the small section for Leicester when we do just show us more respect.

The Lookers has been knocked down years (decades maybe)before the sod can be cut on a replacement. Most Lookers fans have been displaced to the RRE with all the well chronicled problems, although the atmosphere is good. Displaced again today, unnecessarily and found the seats at the Sheepfoot lane side were a filthy disgrace. Some went to the trouble of having to get paper towel to clean them they were that bad. Come on Simon/Alan get a grip. If the Director's box was like that heads would roll. Don't moan about attendances with disgraceful customer service like that. In any other walk of life outside that of the football supporter refunds would be demanded. Rest assured we will be at Stockport next week and back for Hereford and back in the small section for Leicester when we do just show us more respect.

I am sure in Season Tickets it says something about the club taking no responsibility for unclean seats, i was very lucky today in that my seat was fairly clean, others around me were not so fortunate.

Not impressed at the seating free for all.

Would have liked to sit in the seat I'd selected and paid for today - and I mean specifically for this game.

I agree, I ended up in Chav City at the front. If only the Stewards could do more than tell people to sit down.

I have been going to Boundary Park for nearly 40 years and recently have been left feeling more and more like an away fan. I too have been displaced to the RRE and initially my husband and I found ourselves in the centre of the Stand and 'banter' with the Millwall fans brigade. We therefore moved ouselves towards the Lookers side of the RRE. Today we had to move again and also found ourselves sat in filthy seats almost on Shhepfoot Lane with a very displaced view of the pitch. (I couldn't see the RRE goal at all as everyone stood up when there was any excitement and at the angle I was at I couldn't see anything!) In the RRE stand, I admit the atmosphere is good, but you can't hear the PA system and the players warm up at the far end of the pitch and we are left with the visiting team. All this would be ok for the short term but realistically, when can you see the new stand being built? I will continue to come to Boundary Park but I must say the only positives are the performances (bar today) on the pitch.

I have been going to Boundary Park for nearly 40 years and recently have been left feeling more and more like an away fan. I too have been displaced to the RRE and initially my husband and I found ourselves in the centre of the Stand and 'banter' with the Millwall fans brigade. We therefore moved ouselves towards the Lookers side of the RRE. Today we had to move again and also found ourselves sat in filthy seats almost on Shhepfoot Lane with a very displaced view of the pitch. (I couldn't see the RRE goal at all as everyone stood up when there was any excitement and at the angle I was at I couldn't see anything!) In the RRE stand, I admit the atmosphere is good, but you can't hear the PA system and the players warm up at the far end of the pitch and we are left with the visiting team. All this would be ok for the short term but realistically, when can you see the new stand being built? I will continue to come to Boundary Park but I must say the only positives are the performances (bar today) on the pitch.

New stand won't even have foundations laid until the credit crunch has passed.

New stand won't even have foundations laid until the credit crunch has passed.

the chaddy end can be just as filthy,dependant on where you sit.

i remember before i moved down about 5 rows the seats around where i sat where always covered in pidgeon muck,to the point where people were bringing bin liners to cover them before sitting down. they did complain to the club and eventually after 3 or 4 weeks they got cleaned.

the cleaning squad are told to just sweep the rubbish up and thats all.

im sure if the club offered work experience they could get them cleaned cheaply...other than that ask for volenteers,first six to offer gets a free ticket to the next home match,if there season ticket holders they can give the ticket to a mate,get someone else interested or maybe a lapsed fan...

Guest sheridans_world

Moan moan bloody moan.

My seats dirty - the club should spend thousands on getting every single seat cleaned in between every game.

I dont want to move from my season ticket seat in the lookers - the club cant build a new ground

Now I've moved I dont want to move from my season ticket seat in the RRE - blocking the club on making more money from away fans.

When will people realise this football club is a business and doesnt fall to the whim of every moaning '40 years' fan?

Moan moan bloody moan.

My seats dirty - the club should spend thousands on getting every single seat cleaned in between every game.

I dont want to move from my season ticket seat in the lookers - the club cant build a new ground

Now I've moved I dont want to move from my season ticket seat in the RRE - blocking the club on making more money from away fans.

When will people realise this football club is a business and doesnt fall to the whim of every moaning '40 years' fan?

i think you will find its called customer service....considering the club needs the fans money each season in ticket sales and the pay on the day fans every week...the very least you should expect is a clean seat..

if you got on a train or a bus and the seats were filthy you wouldnt sit on them,and would more than likely complain to the relevant company,why should it be different at football games.

the clubs needs to attract more pay on the days....chraging them £20 to sit in a filthy seat for upto 3 hours really isnt good customer service.

Guest sheridans_world
i think you will find its called customer service....considering the club needs the fans money each season in ticket sales and the pay on the day fans every week...the very least you should expect is a clean seat..

if you got on a train or a bus and the seats were filthy you wouldnt sit on them,and would more than likely complain to the relevant company,why should it be different at football games.

the clubs needs to attract more pay on the days....chraging them £20 to sit in a filthy seat for upto 3 hours really isnt good customer service.

Its a football ground, purley by the nature of the place its outside and hence, subject to adverse weather conditions. I will have sat in far worse seats going round the country following latics.

I admit he clean seat thing may be something to complain about, maybe its the straw that broke the camels back.

I cant abide by this 'i've been following latics since Julius Ceasar was in power' bollocks. So what? Good for you! Blue peter badge? I havent, I've only been following them 10 years but the fact of the matter is the club needs to make money and needs to build a new stand and all these moaners coming out and nitpicking at the slightest thing just really annoys me.

Moan moan bloody moan.

I'm guessing your seat wasn't covered in thick brown dust and bird shat? Mine was. And it wouldn't have taken someone more than an hour to wipe them over with soapy cloth!! Jesus, we're not talking the forth bridge here!!!

Guest sheridans_world
I'm guessing your seat wasn't covered in thick brown dust and bird shat? Mine was. And it wouldn't have taken someone more than an hour to wipe them over with soapy cloth!! Jesus, we're not talking the forth bridge here!!!

Pay to get them cleaned once, pay to get the cleaned a thousand times.

You've obviously never had a seat under the cross beams in the chaddy, then you'd have bird :censored: on your seat.

Moan moan bloody moan.

'Moan moan bloody moan';,i think people who have supported the club for all these years are entitled to thier opinion and if thier seats are filthly after they have paid their own hard earned money why shouldnt they moan? I'm sure most lookers fans wouldnt mind moving to the rre so the club can build a new ground as believe it or not most people who turn up week in week out do have the clubs interest at heart even if they do moan about unacceptable service and would be happy to do so when the club is able to which it is blatantly not. Football is a business but a large percentage of its revenue comes from fans who have watched the ticks for over 20 years most of whom do encourage the players and very rarely moan unless they feel the cause deserves it.

Its a football ground, purley by the nature of the place its outside and hence, subject to adverse weather conditions. I will have sat in far worse seats going round the country following latics.

I admit he clean seat thing may be something to complain about, maybe its the straw that broke the camels back.

I cant abide by this 'i've been following latics since Julius Ceasar was in power' bollocks. So what? Good for you! Blue peter badge? I havent, I've only been following them 10 years but the fact of the matter is the club needs to make money and needs to build a new stand and all these moaners coming out and nitpicking at the slightest thing just really annoys me.

im sorry but if you do not show respect for people who have been going to boundry park since the year dot,then dont expect any respect back....its a two way thing.

the people who have been going a life time are the core support of this club,and no doubt there children and there childrens children as well.....

if companys constantly took the paying customers for granted then it wouldnt take long for those companys to go to the wall...

it might seem like a very trivial matter to you in the grand scheme of things.....but just suppose some neewbie fans turned up today to see there club at the top of the league,been charged a pricely sum for the privelidge then end up sitting in the most :censored:tyest seat imaginable....you really think thats a good first impression by the club,that they provide an all seater stadium but fail to clean the seats which the paying public sit on......you think they will look forward to returning.

yes ita an outside open air venue to a certain extent,but it doesnt have to be shabby and unpleasant for the people paying to be entertained in it.

Moan moan bloody moan.

You brother think youre too important. Youre not. Youre equal to me, the next, some 20+ year supporter or the one in the womb. Have some respect!

Edited by Lags

A company with no customers tends to go out of business.

A company that pi$$es off its customers too often tends to see them go elsewhere.

In the case of M&S they can go to Debenhams or Next.

In the case of Barclays they can go to the Halifax or RBS.

In the case of Latics they can go to the pub, stay at home and watch Jeff Stelling, pay the wife more attention cos she's been moaning you never do for years etc etc. There are a million alternatives out there.

The simple idea of a hit squad of volunteers, awarded match tickets, to come in and clean the seats is brilliant. There must be enough out of work fans (currently unable to afford to attend - so no real cost unless the game is a sell out) who would do this. If birds are perched above certain seats all year round, then those certain seats should be cleaned every game.

So far this season I have chosen to sit in the RRE, had my season ticket changed to new seats as the police closed 5 columns of seats, had to sit in my new seat while 4 people squeeze in to the 3 seats next to me (stewards refused to act and it was bloody uncomfortable), been moved to the small part of the RRE (I knew it would happen, but it is a 'disturbance' to routine nonetheless, and proved unnecessary with the actual away folllowing), found people in my paid for and selected seats there who refused to move, chose to sit elsewhere and then got moved as it was somebody else seat.

I didn't have a problem with a dirty seat where I ended up, but would have been mighty irritated if I did.

As for fans who sit where the hell they like in a "reserved seating" game - they pi$$ me off more!

OK firstly, I sat in my designated ticketed seat for hudds, I always move for a season ticket holder. I've been relocated too, I dont moan at the team, I do like to sing and stand occasionally (although if theres ppl behind that obviously dont or cant see over me then i keep it to a minimum), I pay £20 every home match, and follow as many away matches as I can (unfortunately I work most sat nights so usually only local ones!). I've not been going 40 years, i've not even been going 14, but my opinion still counts, because wether I've been going 1 year or 50 years I am a part of the clubs future!

Now to my points:

1. Poor customer service? stop moaning about ur seats, the service latics have delivered this season where it matters (on the pitch) has been (bar yesterday) amazing! And I'm guessing you've never messaged Alan Hardy? because I guarentee if you do he WILL reply. how many businesses with between 5000 and 7000 customers do you know that would? and not an automated response, or a designated team dealing with them???

2. (and most importantly) when the f**k did you last get a bus or train? and had it just left the factory??? I'll give u a tip! next time ur on one slap the seat! bet the dust fills ur eyebrows!!!! They're disgusting!!! (thats if a chav hasnt already cut holes in2 em!

OK firstly, I sat in my designated ticketed seat for hudds, I always move for a season ticket holder. I've been relocated too, I dont moan at the team, I do like to sing and stand occasionally (although if theres ppl behind that obviously dont or cant see over me then i keep it to a minimum), I pay £20 every home match, and follow as many away matches as I can (unfortunately I work most sat nights so usually only local ones!). I've not been going 40 years, i've not even been going 14, but my opinion still counts, because wether I've been going 1 year or 50 years I am a part of the clubs future!

Now to my points:

1. Poor customer service? stop moaning about ur seats, the service latics have delivered this season where it matters (on the pitch) has been (bar yesterday) amazing! And I'm guessing you've never messaged Alan Hardy? because I guarentee if you do he WILL reply. how many businesses with between 5000 and 7000 customers do you know that would? and not an automated response, or a designated team dealing with them???

2. (and most importantly) when the f**k did you last get a bus or train? and had it just left the factory??? I'll give u a tip! next time ur on one slap the seat! bet the dust fills ur eyebrows!!!! They're disgusting!!! (thats if a chav hasnt already cut holes in2 em!

1. Perhaps "5000-7000 customers" could become "5500-7500 customers" if a little bit more attention to detail around basics was seen.

2. I gave up on public transport in 1986 and have been fortunate enough to be able to maintain a car since. The bus/train hasn't improved I take it. This supports the point that where people have a choice (e.g. a car) that is better they will take it. How many people will think on a cold, wet winter Saturday morning "I don't want to pay £20 to sit on bird :censored: and freeze today"? If the bird :censored: wasn't there, there would be more chance of them turning up.

Actually, the idea of a heated plastic seat would be worth paying an extra £2 for ... wonder if they could make that cost effective?

Edited by opinions4u

I also have a whinge to make...... No surprise there......

4 of us went to the game today. All walked up to the turnstile together. Went 2 either side at the gates.

Once inside 3 of us were on row G and one in DD (i know DD is a great place to be in a lingerie section at Debenhams but not in the RRE).

Mentioned it to the steward and was told tough, sit were your ticket tells you!

I know it was probably our own fault for not mentioning there were 4 of us but i honestly didnt realise it would be allocated seats yestrday. Thought the stewards could have been more helpful though. Oh and my seat was clean enough........

Faith. Keeping it.