Eardley....................

get the kid on right midfield instead of off-the-pace Lids .... just can't afford passengers

more help for allott in a midfield that with two wingers is getting overrun

DAVIES - sort ureself out or >>MODERATED<<

So he can hoof the ball into the stand every time he gets in a crossing postion? No thanks. Get Smalley out there instead.

Whilst Eardley didn't have the greatest of games, tonight the reaction of a small section of our 'fans' was nothing short of disgraceful. It's fine to have a moan, but the grief the lad got tonight was in my opinion, out of order. Some fans don't deserve a team to support when they barrack a player non-stop. I dread to think what the reaction would be if we were bottom of the league.

Aye to say Eards has played over 100 first team games and has played for his country (which is a problem for some of our fans apparently) at his age shows that he has some ability. I'll admit his positioning isn't great defensively but you cannot say that he is consistently poor........I believe he has impressed in a few games this season, although admittedly he's had some mares. Just needs to knuckle down and try and improve his game defensively. The fans that were having a big pop tonight certainly haven't helped. Not surprised he just trudged off the pitch tonight. I thought it would end up like the Phil Starbuck saga away at Wigan tonight but obviously it had a way to go before even matching that abuse.

Whilst Eardley didn't have the greatest of games, tonight the reaction of a small section of our 'fans' was nothing short of disgraceful. It's fine to have a moan, but the grief the lad got tonight was in my opinion, out of order. Some fans don't deserve a team to support when they barrack a player non-stop. I dread to think what the reaction would be if we were bottom of the league.

I have never been the biggest Eardley fan. I think he's a winger cos he cant mark a man, but tonight some of the stick was bang out of order. I was speaking to Leeslover about Eradley during the first half. I think when he gets forward Eardley is a real threat, but the amount of time the ball goes over his head to a winger in space is criminal.

And Eardley has started the season well (rochdale and tonight apart)

Edited by pukka

Time for you to have a few beers,smoke a splif,and when you've calmed down,reflect on what an absolute >>moderated - calm down<< you are.

Actions have already been taken regarding posts that have been removed from general view.

Can I remind everybody to please refrain from posting abusive messages.

Thanks,

Matt.

I think he's got a definite weakness at defending when the ball is on the other side of the pitch. IMO he is an exceptionally good defender at this level, and I think at the level up, dealing with most things on his own side. Nothing that couldn't be coached into a 19 year old.

The biggest problem at the moment is that we're getting overrun in midfield and seem to have regained our shot-shy tendencies of old. If only we had a player around who had bags of energy, good on the ball, able to tackle and fight, and with a lethal shot in either foot. I don't suppose we'd ever get one of them at our level.

I think he's got a definite weakness at defending when the ball is on the other side of the pitch.

Exactly. As I said to you in the game though, I dont think he's a bad player - I'd just rather see him further upfield.

Exactly. As I said to you in the game though, I dont think he's a bad player - I'd just rather see him further upfield.

You said you would put him on a bonfire, and just because he's Welsh. Racist*

* The above statement may be subject to utter lies.

He seems to like driving infield with the ball when he gets the chance, it's my feeling that he is better with his foot on the ball than out wide - his crossing could do with working on, but he can shoot better with his left than I reckon all bar one of our forwards can do with their right.

Edited by leeslover

I agree the abuse that was directed at Eardley, Davis , Crossley and others at times was vile. We all understand the culture and language used at football matches, but some were just over the top last night. One lad sat next to me to the left of the goal row G hurled foul mouthed abuse every time there was a mistake. Just the type of fan we don't,who only "sing when were winning" and sneak out before the end. Professional football is a high tempo game often with fine dividing lines between success and failure some idiots don't understanfd this and if they are not prepared to say something to someones face then don't say it. Take the rough with the smooth and hope that there is more smooth. This season on balance there is certainly more smooth. Roll on Hereford.

think its his positioning that he needs to work on when the other team have the ball on the other flank,also he needs a bit of protection from lidds or whoever plays on the right in front of him like taylor was doing with for jones.ktf.

think its his positioning that he needs to work on when the other team have the ball on the other flank,also he needs a bit of protection from lidds or whoever plays on the right in front of him like taylor was doing with for jones.ktf.

Eardley is destined to play midfield - I suggest that should have happened last night - it would have given us more drive and attacking options - nuff said

Im getting a bit bored of hearing 'just because he didnt have the greatest of games'. He hasnt had the greatest of games in a while now (imho). Stop making excuses for him. Natural talent may be all well and good but if your not cutting the mustard then go sit on the subs bench and give someone else a go. As was said earlier, cant afford to carry reputations on the pitch.

The thing with any young defender is learning quickly. His mental side will come with experience. Those with the obvious potential who grasp that side of their game earlier go on to have very good careers. I wouldn't have him anywhere else because he has all the attributes for a good full-back.

He's about to turn 20, with over 100 games with club and country under his belt, so his common mistakes now need to become a lot rarer. His major flaw is the all-important positioning. With Gregan and Hazell next to him, he should be picking up that mental attribute around now. He can put in a good tackle, he has pace, he can dribble, and he does have a good cross on him when he decides to use it. He gets a decent amount of assists each season, and he's already got a few this one.

I don't want to pick at everything he does because all our players make mistakes, but he has obvious potential, and he's worn the armband before now, so it wouldn't stop me from pulling him to one side and giving him a rollocking every now and then, but certainly not all the time. One thing some fans need to be reminded of is attacking a player all the time will only destroy their confidence.

I know I shouldnt but I'm one of the people that gave eardley abit of stick friday night (not excessively tho like some!)

My problem isnt that he's consistently poor! He has had some decent performances this season! And some down right amazing performances over the last 2! But thats the problem! He lacks consistency! Knowing how well he can play, p*sses me off when he's having a stinker!

Whats the missing factor that resulted in his poor performance? Surely it cant be low morale? one point off top at the time? best start in god knows how many years!

I just cant understand why he cant give 100% every match? If fitness is the problem, then maybe he should be replaced for a few matches, and try improve long term fitness through training?