Which is better?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First bloke I ever heard of who finds his way in by sonar :shock:

SONAR is Echo Location isn't it?

Echos occur when you shout something into a massive chasm don't they?

Oi - what are you suggesting? I am the one who found the tolerant non-football appreciating Bird. Hands off!!

:angry:

Just thinking the other day how it would be good if the missus was as big a fan as I was and we could travel to the games together - then I thought maybe not...

Anyone on this board travel with your partner to games - is it doubly as bad when we lose or twice as good when we win? :lol:

god no. we find enough to argue about without adding "should he play taylor on the left or the right???" into the mix. :unsure:

no offence to any female posters but I can't stand women talking about football. even in the rare case that they know what they're on about.

I have the same problem with reds and non-Brits.

My other half used to come every game with me and it never really bothered me apart from Scunny away with Gary Macs equaliser. All my mates were on pitch and every time I stood on the barrier I felt a hand pull me back, apparently she was doing it for my own good.

For money reasons she doesn't come any more, and the beer and lads banter is definitely the best option

I must admit I'm quite lucky in the fact that my wife has known that Latics is my true love from the moment we met. She never whinges about me going to Reading, West Ham, Bristol etc... midweek and has even been convinced to drive to Plymouth and Torquay and spend the weekend there to save me hours on Barlow's. During the summer of hell she even drove to Morecambe, just because she knew how much it meant as it could be our last game. She even puts up with my tanting and my weekly rants about how :censored:e we can be. I'm glad she detests football though as it something I do with my dad, son and mates, part of my life that for the majority is exclusively mine. Anyhow she goes shopping with her mum every Satdy.......£££££££££££!!!!!

I must admit I'm quite lucky in the fact that my wife has known that Latics is my true love from the moment we met. She never whinges about me going to Reading, West Ham, Bristol etc... midweek and has even been convinced to drive to Plymouth and Torquay and spend the weekend there to save me hours on Barlow's. During the summer of hell she even drove to Morecambe, just because she knew how much it meant as it could be our last game. She even puts up with my tanting and my weekly rants about how :censored:e we can be. I'm glad she detests football though as it something I do with my dad, son and mates, part of my life that for the majority is exclusively mine. Anyhow she goes shopping with her mum every Satdy.......£££££££££££!!!!!

Been to Latics a few times with girlfriends. It was :censored:.

Mine is v understanding, though not that interested in the tics really, i've been going for a lot longer than my good lady has known me, so there shouldn't be a problem should there. Even managing to get the "not quite" father in law to the games over the last couple of years and consequently, in trouble with his missus at the end of a long day/night watching them :lol:

In the interest of balance, it's been :censored: on literally hundreds of occasions when I've gone as a single man :wink:

Good point well made. But at least if you go without a bird you can get to the pub at 12, drink bitter and say 'c u next Tuesday' without worrying about offending anyone. And if the match is :censored: you can go back to the pub, maybe go to town and try and blot it out. Rather than going home, watching the X-Factor, drinking :censored: wine, and wondering if this is it.

Hey take it easy Guernica. The X-factor can be a good distraction after a :censored: latics performance.

How exactly?

I would rather watch Oldham 1 Cardiff 7 on looped play than watch endless outings of reality shows - which is pretty much all you get at weekends nowadays.

No matter how bad the football is nothing reaches the depths of how really :censored:e reality TV shows are.

Here endeth todays lesson, take heed.

KtF,

Derek.