Which is better?

Just thinking the other day how it would be good if the missus was as big a fan as I was and we could travel to the games together - then I thought maybe not...

Anyone on this board travel with your partner to games - is it doubly as bad when we lose or twice as good when we win? :lol:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thinking the other day how it would be good if the missus was as big a fan as I was and we could travel to the games together - then I thought maybe not...

Anyone on this board travel with your partner to games - is it doubly as bad when we lose or twice as good when we win? :lol:

well which ever it is it,s all about the sharing eh!!

Just imagine trying to explain to your wife/partner/girlfriend/boyfriend the few extreme highs and many deepest lows experienced when following Latics. From personal experience I have found that by sharing these experiences, you both develop more of a bond as you keep the Faith together.

Also, although expense is involved, it's cheaper than the other half going shopping! :grin:

Which one is better? - Well IMO the one who doesn't give a :censored: and doesn't expect me home before midnight on matchdays :grin:

agree LOL

I'm still trying to find a cute female of the species who enjoys her football as much as me :-)

No nagging or blackmail just so I can watch a game sounds great to me

I'm a bit undecided on this one, when she comes to the match she's a right royal pain in the arse (hates football and asks daft questions and is bored before half time).

Although if I could get her even remotely interested I would be able to attend all the games home and away, as it is I have a ST for home games but only get to relatively local away games.

When I started seeing my Mrs I told her in no uncertain terms "you are number 2, and always will be. I go to Latics, dont ever moan about it/try to change me, and everything will be cosy". Somehow, she understood (or just accepted) this. She has no interest in football which suits me down to the ground, and she has never once moaned at me about going to games and spending all my money watching Latics. Happy days :D

When I started seeing my Mrs I told her in no uncertain terms "you are number 2, and always will be. I go to Latics, dont ever moan about it/try to change me, and everything will be cosy". Somehow, she understood (or just accepted) this. She has no interest in football which suits me down to the ground, and she has never once moaned at me about going to games and spending all my money watching Latics. Happy days :D

Sounds like the recipe for a happy marriage :lol:

You lot think it's hard finding a girl who likes football, I'd just be happy to find a bloke who doesn't support the two I don't name (or I do but I won't swear on a message board!) :angry:

And as for girls and football, you obviously have never met a proper girl who knows what she is talking about! :mad:

BfB :)

Lucky sod, i get to go to quite a few games but i have a whinging missus as it costs £50 every home game just because she doesnt like football. I hate it if we get beat and she's says them horrible words when im in a stinker of a mood 'its only a game'. :angry: = divorce

its currently 5 1\2 years so i reckon im pushin it....still live with my mum and dad tho so I reckon I'll get it in the neck one day!

I have just celebrated 10 years marriage to the most wonderful wife any man could ask for.

Went to one match (the coldest, wetest most drunken home match I could make it) didn't like it so refuses to go ever again. Very rarely moans at me going or getting back VERY drunk and VERY late. Has even allowed me to take my lad to the match lately, drop him off at home after the match, then go out and get slaughtered!!

She is PERFECT.

:grin: