standing in the RRE

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but you may disagree but still not give any explanation why - probably i assume cause there isnt one thanks for answering my question

No worries, glad i could help :grin:

There isnt an explanation really, some people want to stand, some dont. Yes the views good enough etcetc but the atmosphere would have been nowhere near what it was with people sat down.

Some people prefer to stand up whilst watching a game of football. If you don't want to be near people standing up, the ground has many other area's where it accommodates your type of match enjoyment as a spectator. I believe it should be common knowledge by now that fan's who are placed next to the moat in the RRE are more likely to stand persistently through most games. I know that persistent standing is against the law, however it is in my opinion a dated law and under certain circumstances like big games yesterday, it should be relaxed. I also think that persistent standing is much more enjoyable than sitting and standing every 5 minutes. So why the stewards insist on making fan's sit down is beyond me.

Some people prefer to stand up whilst watching a game of football. If you don't want to be near people standing up, the ground has many other area's where it accommodates your type of match enjoyment as a spectator. I believe it should be common knowledge by now that fan's who are placed next to the moat in the RRE are more likely to stand persistently through most games. I know that persistent standing is against the law, however it is in my opinion a dated law and under certain circumstances like big games yesterday, it should be relaxed. I also think that persistent standing is much more enjoyable than sitting and standing every 5 minutes. So why the stewards insist on making fan's sit down is beyond me.
probably why next seaason ill move to the main stand - always porferred waatching from the side - i agree is it should be relaxed so if people sit on the sear they have paid for it could be

can anybody please tell me why anyone has to stand in the RRE, the view is good enough especially when we re attacking th rre you re up and down like a bloody yoo for no apparent reason absolutely stupid, me on my soapbox but dont understand it

Thanks for bringing this one up again lol.

I sit in the RRE and much prefer standing. The atmosphere is much better.

Some steward decided he would try and get us to sit down half way through the game. Everyone sat down after 10 minutes work from the stewards. The atmosphere died.

5 minutes later we were back up and stayed up for most the game. Much better atmosphere.

Its all about choice.

There were nearly fights breaking out when the stewards were telling everyone to sit down. Its stupid. Party poopers.

DESIGNATED STANDING AREASE ONLY!!!

Maybe the full T section of the RRE

So, price kids out of the side stands after the Lookers went, no BB in the main stand, they don't want the poor view of the chaddy, so they go for the middle of the RRE for the best view. Then someone decides it's the standing area so they can't see half the view.

Tell you what, why don't all the "standers" use the "L" section?

You could all arrange to use every other row (or even every 3rd row), as there's plenty of room, and that would lessen any impact on safety and on spoiling the view for any kids that are with you. Perhaps you could all start a campaign?

can anybody please tell me why anyone has to stand in the RRE, the view is good enough especially when we re attacking th rre you re up and down like a bloody yoo for no apparent reason absolutely stupid, me on my soapbox but dont understand it

Because a lot of people like standing to watch a football match and it creates a better atmosphere. Yes it is against the law but it is an absolutely ludicrous law and typical of those who run this country going OTT when disaster happens.

There would be a simple solution to this problem which would keep everyone happy, bring in standing sections at all grounds then if you want to sit for 90 minutes, sit, till your hearts content and if you want to stand, stand away!!:)

all that jumping up and down & hugging people when we score annoys me too.

you can just as easily stick your arms in the air and shake the hand of the person next to you without any need whatsoever to leave your seat.

Why oh why oh why can't I do 70 down Broadway? I enjoy it much more than sticking to 40 and it is an outdated law that makes us stick to 40. If you don't like it then there are plenty of other roads you can use.

Thankfully there is only on more game where we will be moved to that side.

Guest sheridans_world
Because it's full of numpties?

Standing at football matches is illegal in all-seater stadiums, so why keep asking for something you're never going to get.

What's next standing areas in Cinemas?

Bet it wont be an all-seater if we go up :grin:

Now I like standing as much as the next guy, I was stood all game (only because I was on the very back row, an dsome plank in front was sat on the top of his seat...)

BUT!

My brother, who's 12, and not exactly tall had problems seeing the game, every time that everyone stood up because, for some reason, Leicester were on the attack!

That's just not normal!

Why stand when it's the other team up front?

If you want to stand, get tickets on the backest rows, not at the front so that it creates a ripple effect, with EVERYONE being forced to stand to see!!!

Why oh why oh why can't I do 70 down Broadway? I enjoy it much more than sticking to 40 and it is an outdated law that makes us stick to 40. If you don't like it then there are plenty of other roads you can use.

Thankfully there is only on more game where we will be moved to that side.

Leeds and Stockport are pretty much definate. But i'de expect us to be moved for Tranmere depending were they are in the league at the time and possibly Scunthorpe.

Scunny on a tuesday night ... bring 1600+ :lol:

We definitely wont be moved for either Stockport or Tranmere.

Agree with you on Scunny.

Probably agree with you on Tranny unless they're on a bit of a roll.

Stockport are on the up, whereas for previous meetings they were on the way down and out.

They'll bring more than 2,500.

Because a lot of people like standing to watch a football match and it creates a better atmosphere. Yes it is against the law but it is an absolutely ludicrous law and typical of those who run this country going OTT when disaster happens.

There would be a simple solution to this problem which would keep everyone happy, bring in standing sections at all grounds then if you want to sit for 90 minutes, sit, till your hearts content and if you want to stand, stand away!!:)

Hi Wozz

Good arguement you make but I don't think the law was brought in to make people unhappy. There were several incidents in the 80s where people died as a direct result of standing areas being overcrowded either by too many people getting in to a ground or fans running to taunt/attack opposing fans (unlikely to happen at BP I know) I remember coming home that Saturday night from a Latics home game (Plymouth or Sunderland not sure which - the other was the minute silence the following home game) and seeing photos in the Pink of a girl pressed up against the Leppings Lane barriers - she was a very similar age to my girl friend who had been with me at Latics that afternoon. I also remember reading about the couple who sat in the main stand at Hillsborough that day and watched their 16/17 year old twin girls get crushed to death below and to the left of them. My daughter is now 16 and occasionally comes to games with me and her 8 year old sister.

I spent the years from aged 10 to 32 watching latics stood up and agree with you, i much preferred it and it did create a better atmosphere but things changed not on a whim but for a very good reason. I loved the old wooden stands as well , beautiful structures but wouldn't want them built now and i don't think the reaction to the Bradford fire was OTT either.

We still sing and whenever it gets exciting we stand up for 20-30 seconds or so. I may be wrong but i think that many of the fans who stand up for prolonged periods of time do so just to make a point.

KTF

Edited by astottie