Ormerod

There wasnt really a chance he`d be starting anyway .. surely we all knew he wasnt fit enough to start.

Nope - there was a huge number of people who believed that he would start on Saturday and have him inked in for tonight's match - as for you and I we know better :bounce:

Edited by TheBigDog

Not match fit and wont get match fit until he plays full first team games.

Catch 22.

Not really. Surely the training is down to the individual, and their desire to maintain fitness. Perhaps if he can't keep that "ready to go" fitness it could tell us that he isn't that arsed about training. A 32 year-old pro footballer gassing out after 20mins kind of highlights a training problem. I don't believe that just because he's been loaned out to Forest and us (meaning that he may be unsettled) would've disrupted is personal schedule that much if he was serious about getting back into first team footy.

If you want it bad enough - you make sure you go and get it.

Not really. Surely the training is down to the individual, and their desire to maintain fitness. Perhaps if he can't keep that "ready to go" fitness it could tell us that he isn't that arsed about training. A 32 year-old pro footballer gassing out after 20mins kind of highlights a training problem. I don't believe that just because he's been loaned out to Forest and us (meaning that he may be unsettled) would've disrupted is personal schedule that much if he was serious about getting back into first team footy.

If you want it bad enough - you make sure you go and get it.

Theres a difference though between fitness and match fitness. Having a lack of match fitness affects your touch etc, which is something that can really only be improved with games, no amount of training can replicate a match.

Said when he joined that he'd been asking to play reserve games through his own choice at Preston, doesn't sound like he's lazy to me. Even that's not the same though, that's why clubs send players out on loan to lower league clubs rather than leaving them in the stiffs.

Said when he joined that he'd been asking to play reserve games through his own choice at Preston, doesn't sound like he's lazy to me. Even that's not the same though, that's why clubs send players out on loan to lower league clubs rather than leaving them in the stiffs.

You wont see the best of him until he is getting towards the end of his loan.

Hopefully we will keep him longer.

Can't possibily be match fit has he hasn't played first team football this year !!

You wont see the best of him until he is getting towards the end of his loan.

Hopefully we will keep him longer.

Can't possibily be match fit has he hasn't played first team football this year !!

My mate was there on his medical and he said that he's really unfit. When i asked if he'd start at Leicester he said he shouldn't and if he did then he'd last a maximum of 45 mins. He did go on to say that he's quality and everything he hit in trainin flew in the back of the net!!

I said at the time it was a strange move, a waste trying to pre-empt a Hughes injury by bringing in a striker who hasn't been in the goals for a number of years.

Can't imagine it went down well with our other strikers either who did alot to get Hughes in his goal scoring positions yet received nothing back.

Can't imagine it went down well with our other strikers either who did alot to get Hughes in his goal scoring positions yet received nothing back.

Got that one set to repeat now haven't you Coco? Hughes must be bloody good if he can manage to set up loads of goals even though he deliberately chooses not to set up any of his strike partners. Isn't it odd though that the only goal scored by any other striker was set up by - L Hughes? This suggests one of two things:

1) It's not just Hughes who refuses to set up Davis, Lewis, O'Grady, because Taylor, Ratters, Allott, Lids, Whitaker and the rest haven't managed it either

2) The rest of our strikers couldn't hit a cows arse with a double bass

Edited by leeslover