We all travelled a long way and spent a lot of money on travel today and in many cases twice this week...but cut it out guys. Couldn't believe the booing with 10/15 minutes to go. I mean come on...booing when a corner was caught by the keeper? Who does it help?

And hats off to the two moaning idiots behind me today, especially to the 'neanderthal' (Mrs Sideburns' words, not mine!) who was getting frustrated with 'that useless Brett Emerton'. At least his victimisation gave Craig got a day off from the booboys.

Let's not lie or make any excuses, it wasn't pretty today...second half was the worst I've seen us play since the first half an hour at Kenilworth Rd last March. But a bit of encouragement never hurts, especially when our players were already taking the abuse from the home fans.

Chins up, we can't play much worse on Tuesday.

We all travelled a long way and spent a lot of money on travel today and in many cases twice this week...but cut it out guys. Couldn't believe the booing with 10/15 minutes to go. I mean come on...booing when a corner was caught by the keeper? Who does it help?

And hats off to the two moaning idiots behind me today, especially to the 'neanderthal' (Mrs Sideburns' words, not mine!) who was getting frustrated with 'that useless Brett Emerton'. At least his victimisation gave Craig got a day off from the booboys.

Let's not lie or make any excuses, it wasn't pretty today...second half was the worst I've seen us play since the first half an hour at Kenilworth Rd last March. But a bit of encouragement never hurts, especially when our players were already taking the abuse from the home fans.

Watch us go and beat scunny on Tuesday night. I'm serious! We only win when it's a challenge!

Deserved booing. No passion. No creativity. I wasnt one who did, but fully understand those who did boo. Shocking performance.

Deserved booing. No passion. No creativity. I wasnt one who did, but fully understand those who did boo. Shocking performance.

I deplore booing, but if people do want to vent their frustration then do it after the game. During the game doesn't help. The lads are hardly going to think, 'Oh, they're booing us, let's pull our socks up'. The reaction is 'Sod 'em, why should I run my arse off for people jeering and abusing me?'.

Edited by jsslatic

Behave yourselves! There's never a good reason to boo the team. Always makes me cringe when I hear 'supporters' booing our own players and shouting all kinds of abuse at them. When the heads are down and we're playign badly, that's when they need us most, we can lift them. I know it sounds like an overly positive outlook on everything but it's true.

I deplore booing, but if people do want to vent their frustration then do it after the game. During the game doesn't help. The lads are hardly going to think, 'Oh, they're booing us, let's pull our socks up'. The reaction is 'Sod 'em, why should I run my arse off for people jeering and abusing me?'.

Exactly.

Because they get paid a lot of money to do it !!!!

I didn't boo yesterday but people were well within their rights to do so.

I had the day off on Tuesday to go to Bristol and I went to Swindon with a false sense of optimism after thinking we would learn from our mistakes made at the memorial but alas, we were just as useless in defence midfield and attack So predictable.

The only reason I didn't boo was that i was so angry with shez and HIS decisions and also the players for not having any desire at all.

i left early so i couldnt boo but i would have. Cant understand people that clap the players off after performances like that it makes me angry.

correct, booing would wake a player up to the fact he isnt doing well enough and improve himself. it would for me.

if players think TO HELL WITH IT AS THEY ARE A BOOING LOT, then they have no ambition and shouldnt be playing for the club.

i left early so i couldnt boo but i would have. Cant understand people that clap the players off after performances like that it makes me angry.

never booed a latics team or player in my life,and never will....

as for clapping at the end,surely to make a point to them nobody should,just turn your backs on them and walk out..

but for the majority of football fans if you pay good honest hard earned money to be entertained for 90 mins and your not....the only option is to boo.

iwent to an iron maiden concert at gmex many moons ago,bruce dickinson had announced that at the end of the tour he was leaving...that night the band played there socks off except him,spent more time going off stage than entertaining.....nobody booed that night,but i did voice a complaint by letter saying i had paid 25 quid to watch me fav band and was hugely dissapointed by the singer who couldnt be arsed......the result was i got a refund and a goody bag from the management.

so maybe instead of booing the players send an email to the club telling them exactly how much it cost you and how badly we played.....there is more chance of a response from that than booing.

as for clapping at the end,surely to make a point to them nobody should,just turn your backs on them and walk out..

but for the majority of football fans if you pay good honest hard earned money to be entertained for 90 mins and your not....the only option is to boo.

iwent to an iron maiden concert at gmex many moons ago,bruce dickinson had announced that at the end of the tour he was leaving...that night the band played there socks off except him,spent more time going off stage than entertaining.....nobody booed that night,but i did voice a complaint by letter saying i had paid 25 quid to watch me fav band and was hugely dissapointed by the singer who couldnt be arsed......the result was i got a refund and a goody bag from the management.

so maybe instead of booing the players send an email to the club telling them exactly how much it cost you and how badly we played.....there is more chance of a response from that than booing.

I'd agree with that ed...after the game yesterday I didn't stand around and abuse the boys...I just walked off. No clapping, no jeering. The boys know the performance was nowhere near up to scratch, and I'm sure Shez ripped into them in the dressing room.

oh dont boo em or shout at em, they are so fickle and might think sod em i'm not running around for these morons who pay my wages. at times yesterday and tuesday booing was the least of thier problems, they get clapped and cheered when they are good, but oh no dont boo em when they are bad it might upset em, i have never booed a player in my life for being crap, but when they are going thru the motions, playing for pay then they dont deserve to play for our great club and need to know it, all players have off days, but it dosnt stop them chasing and showing passion. the simple thing is they dont have the club at heart and that includes Shez,

oh dont boo em or shout at em, they are so fickle and might think sod em i'm not running around for these morons who pay my wages. at times yesterday and tuesday booing was the least of thier problems, they get clapped and cheered when they are good, but oh no dont boo em when they are bad it might upset em, i have never booed a player in my life for being crap, but when they are going thru the motions, playing for pay then they dont deserve to play for our great club and need to know it, all players have off days, but it dosnt stop them chasing and showing passion. the simple thing is they dont have the club at heart and that includes Shez,

I don't agree but not going to repeat anything I've already said. But even by what you say, why on earth were people booing when a corner was caught by the keeper? Absolutely ridiculous.

I agree.

Its far worse when a player has talent but no desire than one who’s crap but gives his all.

No heart at the moment just frustration and discontent.

I would have loved to talk to the players after full time yesterday.

I agree.

Its far worse when a player has talent but no desire than one who’s crap but gives his all.

No heart at the moment just frustration and discontent.

I would have loved to talk to the players after full time yesterday.

Don't worry Kyle i have a "sneaky" feeling that Shez may have not let you down there!!! I'm sure a word or two will have been passed on :wink:

I never boo and normally I applaud for the effort shown, and in recognition for having done well in most of the games to date. However, yesterday I did as you suggest, turned my back and walked out. :disappointed:

surely you cant believe that last line mate? which players and managers do have the club at hear then, andy richie and 11 fans?

...the simple thing is they dont have the club at heart and that includes Shez,

That numpty Mike Parry on TalkSport referred to Wayne ("Once a Blue, always a Blue") Rooney's badge-kisssing antics last Saturday, which even made Taggart's nose throb like a blind cobbler's thumb. Parry said all club badges should be removed from shirts to stop the badge-kissing.

Someone emailed the show to say the players have to wear the badge to remind them for which club they're playing! :grin:

That numpty Mike Parry on TalkSport referred to Wayne ("Once a Blue, always a Blue") Rooney's badge-kisssing antics last Saturday, which even made Taggart's nose throb like a blind cobbler's thumb. Parry said all club badges should be removed from shirts to stop the badge-kissing.

Someone emailed the show to say the players have to wear the badge to remind them for which club they're playing! :grin:

Another new kit. Can you imagine the reaction? :grin:

this debate will always ramble on and on each and every season because fans these days have a different mindset to older fans,and in many many cases want instant success.

if were not banging goals in left right and centre and playing like brazil you get it in the neck.....

i just dont see where booing is constructive in any shape or form.

if a player is having a particulry bad game then i think the odd shout of pull your finger out or come on at least look interested can be justified...the player may well hear the comments and think :censored:...they have noticed i better do something.

if a player thinks he is doing ok then gets booed every touch or booed when things go wrong they may well be thinking...stuff it,why should i try harder if im not going to be appreciated,im still gonna get paid come friday.

come the end of a game if we have been beaten but i have seen a decent game with players trying i will always applaud the effort....if i see we get stuffed and there prancing around like girlies scared to death of doing anything and not even trying i will simply turn round and walk away....

the most dissapointing thing about this mini slump,is that the stay aways can now justifie not turning up again...saying see,the bubbles burst they been found out again,im not giving them my hard earned if there playing like this.

doesnt help when shez says sumat like 'the fans were within their rights to boo' dont know if hes said it this time but he has before.

id call them sad wonkers. then tell them all to chuff off we dont want your money, but we really need it so thats not gona happen.

Can't stand fans who leave early....can't stand fans who want to boo....can't stand people, who can't stand those clapping off the players!!! Do you think they go out to play :censored: intentionally? Get real!!!

All this reminds me of one idiot at Selhurst Park when we lost in the League Cup under Dowie. His comment "why are you clapping that :censored: off?"....my reply being..."coz that :censored: got us to the last 16 and won at Derby and West Ham to be here"...it's a shame people forget that we're not actually a :censored: team that deserves booing but a decent one that got us top early on and that will undoubtedly disappoint every now and then. Hopefully this season, less so than in others and we go up. Won't do if our fans boo them and don't stick behind them through the thin aswell as the thick. Simple as that really.

Edited by boundaryblue80