Furious (Again)

Just the same as last week at Swindon. I can take being outplayed by a better side but, come on, that was Yeovil Town. They were nothing special, yet they looked miles better than us.

We had no heart, no communication at the back (between two players who must have about 1,000 appearances between them - Norm and Gregan) and never looked like scoring a goal. I would say Reuben was the best of a (very) bad bunch.

A quick mention for Daniel Jones - What is your game mate? Ive heard of numerous people that he is meant to be a fantastic, marauding, left back. He is nothing of the sort. He is a lazy, bone idle, gutless coward, who should have seen red for a horrible tackle on the Yeovil man (possibly Warne). For me, we have a much better left back sat on the bench in Lomax.

Just the same as last week at Swindon. I can take being outplayed by a better side but, come on, that was Yeovil Town. They were nothing special, yet they looked miles better than us.

We had no heart, no communication at the back (between two players who must have about 1,000 appearances between them - Norm and Gregan) and never looked like scoring a goal. I would say Reuben was the best of a (very) bad bunch.

A quick mention for Daniel Jones - What is your game mate? Ive heard of numerous people that he is meant to be a fantastic, marauding, left back. He is nothing of the sort. He is a lazy, bone idle, gutless coward, who should have seen red for a horrible tackle on the Yeovil man (possibly Warne). For me, we have a much better left back sat on the bench in Lomax.

efinately

Jones has ability, but left full back is not where he should be played, Latics have shipped a lot of goals since he arrived.

Jones looked knackered after about twenty minutes today. 4 games in 11 days certainly showed with him.

Jones has looked knackered in every game I have seen him play. He is not the answer at fullback. Stands off too much, doesn't tackle and is too one footed.I know we wanted some balance on the left but he is a luxury, when the going gets tough he doesn't cope

No archie Lomax is a right back. Taylor is a right winger and is wasted on the left. You play right backs at right back and left backs at left back, and right wingers on the right wing. Eardley is struggling badly and Lomax never let us down once this season in that position. We need a proper left back not more strikers to give poor service to.

No archie Lomax is a right back. Taylor is a right winger and is wasted on the left. You play right backs at right back and left backs at left back, and right wingers on the right wing. Eardley is struggling badly and Lomax never let us down once this season in that position. We need a proper left back not more strikers to give poor service to.

I agree with what you thoughts regarding square pegs in round holes! i would like to revert to the team that started the season and did so well.just can't see what benefit defensively Jones has brought us.

Eardley can be a bit erratic in his distribution,but he is no worse than any other right back in this league.

On the occasions that he does overlap,he often delivers a decent cross,admittedly from deeper positions it's more a case of hit and hope.

That said,collectively we were bloody dreadful today so it's rather unfair to single out individuals.

I agree with what you thoughts regarding square pegs in round holes! i would like to revert to the team that started the season and did so well.just can't see what benefit defensively Jones has brought us.

Eardley can be a bit erratic in his distribution,but he is no worse than any other right back in this league.

On the occasions that he does overlap,he often delivers a decent cross,admittedly from deeper positions it's more a case of hit and hope.

That said,collectively we were bloody dreadful today so it's rather unfair to single out individuals.

agree 100% - win as a team, lose as a team, bad day at the office today - looked like strangers at times - tis a league where ANYONE can beat anyone, anyone who says Yeovil didnt deserve to beat us today is in cloud cuckoo land - they played very well - we were dreadful - let's hope tis a one off - no need to go completely mental blaming individuals just yet - keep the faith, we will probably go an win next 3 away games now!

agree 100% - win as a team, lose as a team, bad day at the office today - looked like strangers at times - tis a league where ANYONE can beat anyone, anyone who says Yeovil didnt deserve to beat us today is in cloud cuckoo land - they played very well - we were dreadful - let's hope tis a one off - no need to go completely mental blaming individuals just yet - keep the faith, we will probably go an win next 3 away games now!

You had to curse us, didnt you?!

Re your 'win as a team, lose as a team' comment: How the hell can you be singing "Oldham till I die" at half time, and then leave with 20 minutes + left?

Anyone who did that has either never been before (oh no, it'll take me 2 hours to get out in my car if i wait :blush: ) or is simply fickle.

At the end, I stood up and applauded, for them getting us into 7th position in the table, and for 17+ unbeatern games at home!

Everyone keeps saying keep the faith, but no-one does!

Meaningfully, KtF

Joe

If we win the next three away games I'll eat my hat.

I thought I'd calm myself down over the weekend before commenting on Jones.

Unfortunately, I still haven't changed my view - 30 mins against Stockport and an hour against Hereford aside, I have rarely been more disappointed with a new signing.

Whether he is a full back or a winger is immaterial. He has no vision, no anticipation and no awareness.

I'm not going to blame him for Saturday's defeat as no-one came out of the game smelling of roses, but Daniel's performance was another poor one (He was our poorest player on Tuesday too despite the all round team performance).

Tin hat's on ready for the blue tinted specs brigade - but of course they'll be looking the opposite way when he fails to make himself available for an overlap or to take the pressure off another defender.

Time to employ the services of a proper defensive coach I think - because most of our problems stem from our general defensive play.

I thought I'd calm myself down over the weekend before commenting on Jones.

Unfortunately, I still haven't changed my view - 30 mins against Stockport and an hour against Hereford aside, I have rarely been more disappointed with a new signing.

Whether he is a full back or a winger is immaterial. He has no vision, no anticipation and no awareness.

I'm not going to blame him for Saturday's defeat as no-one came out of the game smelling of roses, but Daniel's performance was another poor one (He was our poorest player on Tuesday too despite the all round team performance).

Tin hat's on ready for the blue tinted specs brigade - but of course they'll be looking the opposite way when he fails to make himself available for an overlap or to take the pressure off another defender.

Time to employ the services of a proper defensive coach I think - because most of our problems stem from our general defensive play.

agree he's not a fullback in my eyes,don't agree with the no vision,anticipation and awareness cos you need all 3 to make an overlapping run which he did on numourous occasions on sat,if taylor chooses not to play him in and goes inside and the play breaks down he's going to be out of position and thats where we need someone to have a bit of cop on to shuffle across and cover,his positioning might not be the best at the back but thats when our more experianced players need to be talking to him all the time in a constructive manner and not in a rollockin way,ktf.

Agreed - Jones is not a defender - what Lomax did wrong at left back is anybody's guess - but i don't think he's a left winger either - when he played there against Stockport he looked really uncomfortable. For me, i'd go back to Lomax at left back, and give serious consideration to Smalley on the right, certainly for home matches when the onus is on us to attack. Unfortunately Liddell does not have the pace the beat his man anymore which results in crosses coming from deep from Eardley (not his fault particularly).

I have wondered whether it's worth us playing 3-5-2 away from home, with Taylor playing RWB and Jones LWB (mainly because there isn't anybody else) - at least we'd get a foot in in midfield as we could play Maher and Allott in holding roles with Whitaker and the wing backs able to push forward when we have the ball, drop back when we don't. At least it would some sort of plan B, instead of just taking off a striker for a striker and Liddell for Smalley and not changing formation.