Craig Davies

Just had an email off a stockport fan at work bout Davies,

He did ok….got a standing ovation and a rendition of “sign him up” when he went off injured towards the end (think it was just cramp though).

Put himself about a lot, held it up well though never had any chances. The irony of it all was that we kept saying how much Thompson (who was sat on the bench) would love playing with him up there, he’s been struggling on his own. Then when he finally comes on it’s to replace Davies.!!

I really dont understand why we would loan him to a rival, its baffled me!

He did ok….got a standing ovation and a rendition of “sign him up” when he went off injured towards the end (think it was just cramp though).

Put himself about a lot, held it up well though never had any chances. The irony of it all was that we kept saying how much Thompson (who was sat on the bench) would love playing with him up there, he’s been struggling on his own. Then when he finally comes on it’s to replace Davies.!!

Give it a couple of weeks, I once thought he was really good too!

Yeah, he did OK. Considering he was playing a new formation to him, and with only having trained half a day with us beforehand he did pretty well. He suits our point striker system and the first signs look promising. He had one decent chance to score, used his pace to get away from his marker but the ball was whisked away as he was about to shoot. Generally, he worked hard and looked useful. CD said after the gae he *thinks* he's been given permission to play in FA Cup for us next week. If true, that might signify Sheridan's intentions for him in the future (ie. bye, bye).

Typical performamce from someone looking for a starting place in a 1st team and possible move.

Loan to a rival ... because you'll more likely to get money for him by sending out the message that he's a good player.

He does put himself about a lot, but running around for 90 mins doesn't mean your helping the team!!!

From a County fan to me "Shez out. Davies looked an effective player, has the strength and skill to play the point man upfront, we look a lot more dangerous with him there. Thanks"

Still can't get my head round why he has been loaned out.

In recent weeks Davies has shown neither the strength nor skill that he is capable of.

Fine by me if he goes to county and improves/gets back on form. As long as he comes back and plays the same for us.

Well, we've got no money so it would maybe be a nominal fee, unless we get something decent for your old boy Gaz Owen when he joins Yeovil permanetly in January. Can't see that being anything more than £50k though.

well we paid 50k for him, if we got that back plus a sell on clause think that would probably do tbh

is jason taylor still getting in your team?

It seems nobody has yet considered that, whilst Davies may help Stockport, who aren't a genuine rival, he may also help them take points off other clubs who are our genuine rivals!!

Interesting hey?

Or he could be playing WELL for us and helping us gain promotion.....

is jason taylor still getting in your team?

He's a squad player now TBH. Had a nasty foot injury which kept him out towards the end of last season and re-injured it again pre season, just coming back into the picture now.

Frankly, whilst he's a decent 'ratter' we are, as a team, getting better than him now. He needs to bring more to his game in terms of passing ability and composure if he wants to be with us next yeat IMO.

He wouldn't get flamin cramp if he was playing for us!!!!!

It seems nobody has yet considered that, whilst Davies may help Stockport, who aren't a genuine rival, he may also help them take points off other clubs who are our genuine rivals!!

Interesting hey?

Stockport not our rival??? I think you'll find they are level on points with ourselves!!!

Stockport not our rival??? I think you'll find they are level on points with ourselves!!!

I wish everything was as black and white to me.

County are more than a match for us and won't be too far away from where we finish.

Then you may find making use of the link I posted beneficial.

Interesting hey?

If people see Stockport as a genuine rival then so be it. I don't and was simply offering an 'interesting', alternative and valid point of view.