Would you like a drummer in the Chaddy?

GuyGermanLatic

Would you like a drummer in the Chaddy?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Yes
    • No

Well us C.E.W.E lads (Chaddy End West Enders) had an idea today. Us bunch of spotty, smelly, teenagers (abit steriotypical) thought why don't we get a drum to the Sheepfoot Lane side of the Chaddy were the singers are.

Would do you guys think?

Your question doesn't make sense, but whatever.

Awful, awful idea.

In a nutshell: Would you want a drummer in the Chaddy?

I think it probably best you don't. The club advertised that the current drum would be in the RRE. I'm sure there are those that chose the Chaddy (or even moved from the RRE) as a result.

Credit to you for trying to improve the atmosphere though. Hopefully you'll get some constructive alternative suggestions on this thread.

Just seen the Grimsby band on BLR on Sky.

I think I am a bit of a traditionalist and prefer the natural atmostphere created by people not precussion (bloody hate that bloke at Huddersfield) but with smaller crowds, average football (at times) and seats then perhaps we do need another way to get the crowd going.

Not sure I'd want a drum banging away in the Chaddy on its own though - why not get a few instruments together and do a band? If you are good enough it might be a bit of entertainment even when the game isn't.

Well us C.E.W.E lads (Chaddy End West Enders) had an idea today. Us bunch of spotty, smelly, teenagers (abit steriotypical) thought why don't we get a drum to the Sheepfoot Lane side of the Chaddy were the singers are.

Would do you guys think?

No. If that was to happen I'd hapily pay more to shove the drum up whoever brings it :censored: If you want to create/improve (depending on your POV) an atmosphere in the Chaddy its quite simple sing songs. I'd start with actually having someone other than the fat bloke sing Zigga Zagga. As this is one of the few proper Oldham songs but at home its only ever started with effect by one bloke (he is good but doesn't bring it out often enough for my liking). If the CEWE (not going into what I think of that name) want to help create an atmosphere I'd start there as opposed to banging on the boards like you did on Saturday. Which although effective was only effective due to its novelty, won't last very long, is something best done away from home (when the oppo have to pay for any damages), and won't endear you to the fellow Chaddy enders.

I think it probably best you don't. The club advertised that the current drum would be in the RRE. I'm sure there are those that chose the Chaddy (or even moved from the RRE) as a result.

Credit to you for trying to improve the atmosphere though. Hopefully you'll get some constructive alternative suggestions on this thread.

Yes. Like, how about bring your mp3 player along to the match with some drum beats on it - pop on yer headphones and crank it up whenever you feel like a burst of footy drumming. Make sure you do a little dance like Tyres out of Spaced.

xt368.jpg

Which end of the Chaddy is the west end?

I am always confused by this... as surely if you sit in the chaddy it is the east end.... however C.E.E.E (or seeeeeee) is an even more rubbish name.

Ah well, give 'em credit for trying...

I am always confused by this... as surely if you sit in the chaddy it is the east end.... however C.E.E.E (or seeeeeee) is an even more rubbish name.

How come I managed to reinforce my super-Aryan credentials by getting a bit of colour on my face from the sun in my eyes then?

How come I managed to reinforce my super-Aryan credentials by getting a bit of colour on my face from the sun in my eyes then?

Dont confuse the matter with Geography Andrew. This is a topic deciding as to whether the boys in the quite obviously west end of the chaddy get a drum. Which quite clearly is solely designed to annoy Sheridans_world...

In true Louis Walsh fashion.... "I'm going to say...yes" :)

Try they do...

Incidentally, the Chaddy is west, give or take.

The children (God bless 'em) go to sleep praying for the day when CENNWEs (Chaddy End north-north-west enders) and CESSEs (Chaddy End south-south-east enders) find peace with one another. They pray for the coming of CENNWASSEEs.

Can a drum find them the harmony that they so brazenly crave?