Greegs! [MERGED]

If the story that Stitch put online and quickly removed is true, then I'd like to think we'd all show our support. So, unless it's all nonsense, Gregan-bashing is off limits.

Get yourself sorted, big fellah!!!

I think 90% of us would agree that Gregan getting sorted is in the interest of the team and the promotion push. So fingers crossed! It will be interesting to see how this develops.........our club is fast turning into bloody Harchester United!!

why remove it anyway? whats up with the big hard barsteward? like i said the other day, is it really beacuse hes been rebuked in public? soft twit has done more than make a rod for his own back, might realise hes not actually a god now.

Has he had his way with a loved one of yours or something?

Your level of personal abuse ignores the credit given to him by mangers elsewhere, team mates, opposing players etc - he's having a bad time, I'd have thought Latics supporters woul.d want him to get over this patch and become a "god"!

why remove it anyway? whats up with the big hard barsteward? like i said the other day, is it really beacuse hes been rebuked in public? soft twit has done more than make a rod for his own back, might realise hes not actually a god now.

Some serious personal issues, which if true, would leave everybody's head in a state of broken biscuits if it happened to us.

Enough to say that with the amount of criticism he's had off me recently, he doesn't need it now.

He's a good, solid pro. Let's show our support during this difficult period.

and you ignore the fact, that what a lot of people now admit to performance wise, was evident over a year ago. just that he got injured, and people pretended that he was playing well all along.

away from the pitch i bear him no ill will whatsoever. if things are going wrong for him and its not his fault, then does he need my sympathy on a message board? doubtful, but i offer it.

There are a couple of very good reasons it was removed, which I and others are privy to, and you aren't. :tongue1:

As for your opinions on Gregans performances, well, you're pretty much on your own. So please stop bleating about it. After all, it's looking like you're going to get your own way - just not for your ridiculous reasons.

and you ignore the fact, that what a lot of people now admit to performance wise, was evident over a year ago. just that he got injured, and people pretended that he was playing well all along.

away from the pitch i bear him no ill will whatsoever. if things are going wrong for him and its not his fault, then does he need my sympathy on a message board? doubtful, but i offer it.

Daz. You'll get no arguments from me over his performances since he came back from injury if you look at my previous posts/comments.

so what we saying here then? somethings going on and greegs needs/ wants us to ignore his poor performances and help him through his secret problems? ignore his stupid cards, petulance, mistakes, free kicks, misplaced arrogance and swagger. because if we do he might be the player he was in december 2006? not going to happen. how long has he had these problems? 18 months? you may not have noticed that i have very little to say on is off field stuff, i dont care. play like a world beater, take the credit. play like a panel beater, take the stick.

hes reaching the end of his career and not changing his personal life to prolong it. no way he deserves a new deal, and hes still drinking to excess, thats not gona slow his decline is it?

so what we saying here then? somethings going on and greegs needs/ wants us to ignore his poor performances and help him through his secret problems? ignore his stupid cards, petulance, mistakes, free kicks, misplaced arrogance and swagger. because if we do he might be the player he was in december 2006? not going to happen. how long has he had these problems? 18 months? you may not have noticed that i have very little to say on is off field stuff, i dont care. play like a world beater, take the credit. play like a panel beater, take the stick.

hes reaching the end of his career and not changing his personal life to prolong it. no way he deserves a new deal, and hes still drinking to excess, thats not gona slow his decline is it?

I've no idea how much he drinks, it didn't seem to be too much to stop him being possibly our best player in the early part of the season. You really are overegging this one.

even two pints is too much for an aging player on a thursday night, suspended or not. thats not my overriding concern anyway, its the fact that the management team preach consistency, whilst picking inconsistent players. ill also restate my belief that leaders must lead by example, greegs has been berating his own players for almost two years whilst making the same mistakes. im now expected to believe that the none communication that has set in is a coinkidink, im not going to. that the stupid gols we concede dont come in the manner i said they will, well they do. ive been saying it for 18 months, its time some realised that i can be right, you may not like it but youre going to have to accept it.

well i don't know what's up with him, but either way, he's gonna have to pull his finger out, cos otherwise he won't be offered a new deal. personal problems or no personal problems, football isn't a secure career and if he isn't playing, theres no way TTA will offer him a new deal on the wages that he's been coining in at the club.

even two pints is too much for an aging player on a thursday night, suspended or not. thats not my overriding concern anyway, its the fact that the management team preach consistency, whilst picking inconsistent players. ill also restate my belief that leaders must lead by example, greegs has been berating his own players for almost two years whilst making the same mistakes. im now expected to believe that the none communication that has set in is a coinkidink, im not going to. that the stupid gols we concede dont come in the manner i said they will, well they do. ive been saying it for 18 months, its time some realised that i can be right, you may not like it but youre going to have to accept it.

No I'm not!

Extracts from the rarely wrong Chron's match report:

WHEN Athletic skulked back to the dressing room at half-time on Saturday, two things awaited them — the mother of all rollickings from boss John Sheridan and the keys to get out of jail.

The previous two displays — superb against Scunthorpe, dire against Yeovil — were blended together in a bewildering hotch-potch of kamikaze defence and courage under fire . . . well, it’s never dull.

In a way, Athletic earned their replay in tough circumstances as seven subs are allowed in the FA Cup this season and they didn’t have enough fit bodies to make up the squad.

Sheridan was one man short (and had no striker in reserve), but he reshuffled his starting XI by bringing in Stefan Stam at centre-half, Kelvin Lomax at left-back and moving Reuben Hazell, Chris Taylor and Danny Jones into different roles within the framework.

Athletic had re-reshuffled after just 25 minutes, with Lomax making a surprise appearance in midfield. But no system can handle such careless, error-prone uncertainty at the back.

Captain Sean Gregan was removed after a torrid first half, Athletic re-re-reshuffled, struck upon a formula and then turned the match on its head.