Southend decimated for Saturday?

Hal Robson-Kanu and Lee Sawyer's loans have now expired: Southend fishal

Dougie Freedman and Lee Barnard were both missing from the sixteen at Prenton Park, I assume they're injured.

Francis Laurent was sent off against Tranmere for violent conduct so will be suspended.

Of the 30 goals Southend have scored this season, those five have scored 18 of them.

That said, Betsy grabbed for the first time on Saturday :shock:

Unlikely Freedman will be back before end of the month unfortunately!

Barney however is likely to return!

Will be nice to see kevin maher back at the Hall!

Thanks for that mate, looking forward to my first trip down to Roots Hall.

Thanks for that mate, looking forward to my first trip down to Roots Hall.

Away end isn't the best. Get in early to try and find one of the few seats that aren't blocked by one of the many pillars or you'll end up watching the game through the net, Luton style!

Went to a pub last year (Golden something?), remember chatting to a few of the OASIS lads with Titch. Decent enough pub and just a couple of minutes from the ground.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Think I'm gonna be making the trip over to Roots Hall. I may even stay for the full game this time!

Anyone remember the name of the boozer we went in last time? The one that Derek and I repaired to at half time after going 2-0 down?

2-0 down and we left for the pub???

No idea what you are talking about squire.

There was a bloke lurking about with a pink bag though, strange one that fella.

KtF,

Derek.

Aye DS. That's the one.

I've been in the Golden Lion but went in the Blue Boar last year. It's on the corner by the traffic lights, across from the chippy with the Santa girl. I can't be more precise than that. It's also where Southend United was founded in 1906.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/54029/

Blimey, I must be slipping, I'd forgotten all about her!

Condiments of the season!! :grin:

Thanks to the wonderful search facility on here, I’ve found my post from last season to prompt my memory.

In the Fish House I got talking to the Southend Kit Man, with his two sons. He commented on us being on form and was impressed by Hughes's recent scoring record.

£8 must have included your drink, or your tip to the waitress clad in a Chrismas mini outfit. I don't think she was one of the Southend cheerleaders - The Shrimpettes (?) - dressed in similar outfits at half-time. Essex girls, eh? The clip is from warmer days.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=snhKfwBv0x4&...feature=related

I’d also forgotten about meeting the Southend Kit Man!

On the fishal site Mark Allott says:

"I'd definitely like to thank the fans who made the journey down, because it's a long way to come. We heard them all the way through the game and I'm pleased we gave them something to cheer about." :aplayer1::chubb:

The acoustics of the old arched corrugated roof of our stand were ideal and the travelling support was quality rather than quantity.

I also found this picture of a fertile area in a barren land, with the OASIS lads and ‘groupies’ in the pub last season.

P1010644.jpg

I've been in the Golden Lion but went in the Blue Boar last year. It's on the corner by the traffic lights, across from the chippy with the Santa girl. I can't be more precise than that. It's also where Southend United was founded in 1906.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/54029/

That Golden Lion has a few brian clough reviews........i like it - we'll try there :chubb: