great win!

It really shouldn't be. Lose and we could still get promoted as Champions, win and we could get relegated.

What a crap view to have on things.

A lot of teams battling at the top of the table at the moment, we need to be winning ever game so we can keep with the pack and not be one of the teams that drops off.

Great win. Put all the negative crap behind us now and move on and up the league!

Plus Hughes is scoring again!

Not only did Hughes score and play as we all know he can, but this time without any of the lapses into stupidity he has exhibited in other games.

Also get the T-shirts printed:

I was there when Latics scored from a corner!

And we've played all the current top sides. In our case that's probably a negative!! :lol:

Programme today showed that form against the top half teams we would be top of the league ... against the bottom half 16!!! split in half over 16 games going in to today

Not only did Hughes score and play as we all know he can, but this time without any of the lapses into stupidity he has exhibited in other games.

Also get the T-shirts printed:

I was there when Latics scored from a corner!

Hughes was lucky not to get acard today with a very late challenge on a defender in the second, especially against that ref today.

Scored from a corner ..we only scored from a corner.....

Hughes was lucky not to get acard today with a very late challenge on a defender in the second, especially against that ref today.

Bookings for mistimed challenges happen, but it's Hughes' bookings for dissent that have been the cause of his criticism. Not today though - hope he's turned over a new LEEaf! B)

What a crap view to have on things.

A lot of teams battling at the top of the table at the moment, we need to be winning ever game so we can keep with the pack and not be one of the teams that drops off.

Are you serious? I'm arguing that our season won't be made or lost on the next game. It's all about opinions, but hold on, no it's not. I'm just completely right on this one.

Are you serious? I'm arguing that our season won't be made or lost on the next game. It's all about opinions, but hold on, no it's not. I'm just completely right on this one.

Just want to point out that we did not play our 17th game until Luton at home on 4th December 2007. We are 11 points better off than that stage last season so in that sense progress has been made.

Yesterday was a very good result, especially after being behind BUT we have to start doing it home again and Tuesday will be a real test without Rubes. As for Shez, I am still not convinced he is the man to get us were we NEED to go.

Currently we're seeing that, even though we've won 3 out of 4 in the League it hasn't beeen enough to force our way back into the top 6. Proof that once you drop out of the top 6 it is a real bugger to get back in, the top 6 usually are the most consistent, showing us that we have blown a really good position through a really poor October. The league is very strong this year and 17 games in last season would've seen us 3rd.

We need to keep this momentum going, so no more dithering Shez, ok we have to make one change on Tuesday and when fit Danny Whit has to be back in for Allott - especially at home, but that's it oh and nail Dazza down on a longer deal, he's obviously freshened things up top.

Those of you that reckon we scored from a corner must've been sent delirious by the gruelling journey and were obviously seeing things, we just do not score from corners!

Edited by oafcprozac

Just want to point out that we did not play our 17th game until Luton at home on 4th December 2007. We are 11 points better off than that stage last season so in that sense progress has been made.

Yesterday was a very good result, especially after being behind BUT we have to start doing it home again and Tuesday will be a real test without Rubes. As for Shez, I am still not convinced he is the man to get us were we NEED to go.

Currently we're seeing that, even though we've won 3 out of 4 in the League it hasn't beeen enough to force our way back into the top 6. Proof that once you drop out of the top 6 it is a real bugger to get back in, the top 6 usually are the most consistent, showing us that we have blown a really good position through a really poor October. The league is very strong this year and 17 games in last season would've seen us 3rd.

We need to keep this momentum going, so no more dithering Shez, ok we have to make one change on Tuesday and when fit Danny Whit has to be back in for Allott - especially at home, but that's it oh and nail Dazza down on a longer deal, he's obviously freshened things up top.

Those of you that reckon we scored from a corner must've been sent delirious by the gruelling journey and were obviously seeing things, we just do not score from corners!

That final sentence, written in jest, casts doubt on your other assertions.

Err we actually scored from the dreaded short corner at Hartlepool...................

Add a velcro patch to the T-shirt slogan and detachable letters c, e, h, i, r, t and w to make up "twice" amd "thrice" - job done!

After "thrice" it becomes boring, 'cos it means we can't stop scoring from corners, as we go onwards and upwards. :grin:

Guest sheridans_world

Got to say it wasnt the best game of football but we won!

Anyway, glad to see we are keeping up with the pack. There is a gap opening up below us now, three points to Stockport then five to Southend then seven to Walsall.

As long as we can keep Hughesy un-suspended and fit and make the Byfield loan permanent I fully expect us to be in a similar position at Xmas (four points off the top, not 7th!).

I also expect that MK Dons, Millwall and Peterborough will start to drop over the next month or so.

Got to say it wasnt the best game of football but we won!

Anyway, glad to see we are keeping up with the pack. There is a gap opening up below us now, three points to Stockport then five to Southend then seven to Walsall.

As long as we can keep Hughesy un-suspended and fit and make the Byfield loan permanent I fully expect us to be in a similar position at Xmas (four points off the top, not 7th!).

I also expect that MK Dons, Millwall and Peterborough will start to drop over the next month or so.

Millwall yes

MK and Peterborough no.

Peterborough have a very very good strike force which wil propbably get them 60 goals between them and Mk are possibly the best team weve played this season, and looked a very good outfit, so I would expect only Millwall and possibly Scunthorpe ( althoyugh they do seem to beat the yeovils and Cheltenhams) to drop out of that top 6. it may be a case of forcing our way back in by hoping one team slips up, ie Leeds at Northampton on tuesday

Edited by Markoasis

All we have to do is beat Peterborugh to have beaten all those above us (except for the Leicester draw). Then when we play them again, if we average two points a game against them, and start to be more consistent against the others, we should be in the top two.

On the 'typical Latics' other hand, if we carry on with the really poor performances, Stockport and others will go past us.

Shez IN!

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

All we have to do is beat Peterborugh to have beaten all those above us. Then when we play them again, if we average two points a game against them, and start to be more consistent against the others, we should be in the top two.

On the 'typical Latics' other hand, if we carry on with the really poor performances, Stockport and others will go past us.

Shez IN!

Not sure the current League Leaders would agree with that.

Just back now.

Well done Latics, for a second week in a row we've responded to a disappointing cup performance with a win away from home in the league.

First half...bit of a non-event...midfield seemed a bit over-run as Kev struggled to get into the game. Main threat came when we went down the left with the ever-impressive Taylor and Jones helping on the overlap. It seemed we struggled to get the ball through to the front men on the floor as the Southend centre-backs played well, and we were caught out on our left quite often when DJ was nowhere to be seen. Their striker shortage was there to be seen as balls went into the box and weren't dispatched when they should have been, though special mention to Norm who was superb in the first half coming for crosses, he claimed everything.

Second half, we looked more to the flanks and played the football we were capable of. They hit us on the break (very well I may add), but again DJ was too far forward and out of position as they did us down the wing. I'm not sure if Stef could have done much to block the finish as it all happened pretty darn quickly. After that though we continued to play as we had done...Hughesy was denied one on one, DB had a header go narrowly wide and Federici was forced into a great save at point blank to tip over the bar. A flurry of corners succeeded and at the third attempt Lids put in an absolute peach that was thundered in by Taylor. Great set piece and it was a massive relief to score from a corner kick. We carried on pushing and they had no answer as we ran at them and resorted to fouling whoever had the ball. From such a set piece DJ whipped the ball in, it wasn't cleared and Hughes smashed it into the corner. Delirium. From then on we were in control and what was most pleasing was the manner in which we took the game to them...we were at a side who were on a remarkable run of form and had lost just once at RH this season...and rather than sit back we carried on at them and IMO deserved a third. Held out relatively comfortably in the end for a big three points.

Not going to do a ratings thing, but Norm was very good first half and had nothing to do 2nd half, special mention to my MOM Chris Taylor, my WHU supporting mate who came along gave it to Rubes who he said was outstanding. He also said DJ was one of the worst players in the first half, but had a superb second half which, goal against aside, is very tough to disagree with. Well done DJ. Allott too was very impressive second half.

Well done to the lads too for holding out...we made no subs and they all worked their socks off for 90 minutes, every single one of them.

Just back now.

Well done Latics, for a second week in a row we've responded to a disappointing cup performance with a win away from home in the league.

First half...bit of a non-event...midfield seemed a bit over-run as Kev struggled to get into the game. Main threat came when we went down the left with the ever-impressive Taylor and Jones helping on the overlap. It seemed we struggled to get the ball through to the front men on the floor as the Southend centre-backs played well, and we were caught out on our left quite often when DJ was nowhere to be seen. Their striker shortage was there to be seen as balls went into the box and weren't dispatched when they should have been, though special mention to Norm who was superb in the first half coming for crosses, he claimed everything.

Second half, we looked more to the flanks and played the football we were capable of. They hit us on the break (very well I may add), but again DJ was too far forward and out of position as they did us down the wing. I'm not sure if Stef could have done much to block the finish as it all happened pretty darn quickly. After that though we continued to play as we had done...Hughesy was denied one on one, DB had a header go narrowly wide and Federici was forced into a great save at point blank to tip over the bar. A flurry of corners succeeded and at the third attempt Lids put in an absolute peach that was thundered in by Taylor. Great set piece and it was a massive relief to score from a corner kick. We carried on pushing and they had no answer as we ran at them and resorted to fouling whoever had the ball. From such a set piece DJ whipped the ball in, it wasn't cleared and Hughes smashed it into the corner. Delirium. From then on we were in control and what was most pleasing was the manner in which we took the game to them...we were at a side who were on a remarkable run of form and had lost just once at RH this season...and rather than sit back we carried on at them and IMO deserved a third. Held out relatively comfortably in the end for a big three points.

Not going to do a ratings thing, but Norm was very good first half and had nothing to do 2nd half, special mention to my MOM Chris Taylor, my WHU supporting mate who came along gave it to Rubes who he said was outstanding. He also said DJ was one of the worst players in the first half, but had a superb second half which, goal against aside, is very tough to disagree with. Well done DJ. Allott too was very impressive second half.

Well done to the lads too for holding out...we made no subs and they all worked their socks off for 90 minutes, every single one of them.

Thanks. Good, positive post.

Cannot wait until Tuesday for the next game.

Just back now too.

Elton John. Highlight of the match yesterday, when the stewards crouched down behind the hoardings with a few minutes to go. Cue J@cko doing a solo rendition of "dont let the sun, go down on me.".

One of the most boring 1st half's you'll see. Relied far too much on just giving it Taylor and then sitting back and hoping he could run rings like he did at Northampton. Both centre mid's were poor 1st half and got over-run far too easy. Their goal was a well worked move. Could see it coming. Though we finally sparked into life after they scored. Nice to see Byfields carrying on his disco skills.

Loved the fickleness of the fans. Shez going from being sacked in the morning to King Shez within a space of ten minutes or so.

Poor performance, but nice to finally see one where we actually come away with three points. If Southend had something else upfront then we'd of been beat.

As for the rest of the weekend. Well worth the 9 hour, 500 mile round trip and £200 spent.

Right. Time for bed and hopefully getting rid of this banging headache.