Southend

During the week there was a police notice on the off site about not to go drinking in and around the pubs near the ground, did anyone do that??? is the place that rough or is it that they just dont like other fans in there pubs??

seems abit strange first time ive read/seen a police notice not to drink in any pubs round the ground

anyone know?? :jailed::bobby::busted:

Edited by kellysheroes

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During the week there was a police notice on the off site about not to go drinking in and around the pubs near the ground, did anyone do that??? is the place that rough or is it that they just dont like other fans in there pubs??

seems abit strange first time ive read/seen a police notice not to drink in any pubs round the ground

I have a story to tell on this very subject, but I ask you to wait until the Southend report appears on the ernieflag site.

I have a story to tell on this very subject, but I ask you to wait until the Southend report appears on the ernieflag site.

Well you will go round looking for trouble!!!!

We did eventually find somewhere (if you recently hadn't had typhoid jabs you were taking a risk to enter)... but sure Diego will tell you all about it.

Well we went to the Nelson as advised by Seasider, which as you approached had a side door saying 'Away fans'. The three of us wandered in and there were about five or six Tics there, and the other side looked full and buzzing. Thinking the 'Away fans' sign could just mean away fans were welcome in the whole pub, we walked round to the main entrance and upon walking in I swear the whole place quietened down a notch. Seriously never had as many stares, glares and mutterings anywhere I've been before. The three of us looked at eachother and nodded at the door and hastily moved out, whilst someone said something to us that I couldn't make out in a broad Essex accent but certainly wasn't 'Enjoy the game'.

As we got back to the other side a handful more Tics had arrived, including D_S to tell us the story that everyone will be regaled with later...

I am now completely unable to work, such is the level of excitement this story has built up in me!

Eaxctly. Its like the close season all over again... when latics says a new signing is arriving shortly.... then proceed to take 2 days to sign some duffer you have never heard of, or get gazumped by Donny at the last minute..

STORY! :angry:

Guest oa_exile
Well we went to the Nelson as advised by Seasider, which as you approached had a side door saying 'Away fans'. The three of us wandered in and there were about five or six Tics there, and the other side looked full and buzzing. Thinking the 'Away fans' sign could just mean away fans were welcome in the whole pub, we walked round to the main entrance and upon walking in I swear the whole place quietened down a notch. Seriously never had as many stares, glares and mutterings anywhere I've been before. The three of us looked at eachother and nodded at the door and hastily moved out, whilst someone said something to us that I couldn't make out in a broad Essex accent but certainly wasn't 'Enjoy the game'.

As we got back to the other side a handful more Tics had arrived, including D_S to tell us the story that everyone will be regaled with later...

I was hoping more for a ..........

Well we went to the Nelson as advised by Seasider, which as you approached had a side door saying 'Away fans'. The three of us wandered in and there were about five or six Tics there, and the other side looked full and buzzing. Thinking the 'Away fans' sign could just mean away fans were welcome in the whole pub, we walked round to the main entrance and upon walking in I swear the whole place quietened down a notch. Seriously never had as many stares, glares and mutterings anywhere I've been before at least ten of them made a move for us.I sparked three out whilst the others just stood looking at each other wondering what to do,after a stand off I mutted in my Owdum accent "Enjoy the game" and we went back to the other side.........
Edited by oa_exile

Eaxctly. Its like the close season all over again... when latics says a new signing is arriving shortly.... then proceed to take 2 days to sign some duffer you have never heard of, or get gazumped by Donny at the last minute..

STORY! :angry:

After all this unwarranted excitement, it's bound to be an anti-climax when you read it. Expect another Yantarno signing and then you won't be disappointed,,,,,,er perhaps I should have come up with another name. Stay calm. Everything comes to those who wait.