Southend

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting all joking to one side, the Southend report on the ernieflag site is not being written by me, but it will include my dull, uninteresting, unfunny story.

Don't put yourself down...it was definately the best story I heard on Saturday.

Don't put yourself down...it was definately the best story I heard on Saturday.

To get back to the original item - the Golden Lion was cordoned off with Police Do Not Enter tape - the SpreadEagle required proper id so we went into the Blue Boar - blagged our way past the medium sized bouncer on the door by showing my train ticket from Reading! :disguise:

It was half empty and I cannot quite get used to drinking Guiness from a plastic glass :drinking45:

To get back to the original item - the Golden Lion was cordoned off with Police Do Not Enter tape - the SpreadEagle required proper id so we went into the Blue Boar - blagged our way past the medium sized bouncer on the door by showing my train ticket from Reading! :disguise:

It was half empty and I cannot quite get used to drinking Guiness from a plastic glass :drinking45:

The Golden Lion had been attacked by arsonists on Friday night.

Funny you should say that about the Bue Boar being half empty........

........to be continued!

Why the hell would you come from reading to watch Southend should have been there reply????

Guest oa_exile
Plenty of blood splattered on the windows too. That might have been there when we lasted visited though!

Already a better story than jsslatic's feeble attempt :lol:

Does this story involve a bloke shouting that he's a cage fighter and to come outside? :lol: They were lovely folk down there. :lol:

Asked a lad where the toilets were in Varsity on the friday night and he went on to tell me how he was West Ham and how he hates southend.

'm in love with Chloe (The duffy look a like) from London on the friday night in Dick De Vignes. :blush: People in Southend must be the worlds worst dancers as she commented/praised my disco moves. :unsure: If only someone could put up the picture of beardy wearing her mates wig he seemed overly fond of. Though that wasnt nearly as funny as the heffer who wanted a bit of beardy love. :dead:

Oh and the Brunette barmaid in the Varsity. Man alive. :lol: She was pipped by the 25 army girls sat in the corner early doors after the game on saturday about 7ish, when there was a sizeable number of Northerners (waiting to go Frankie B's before going out) and OASIS lot (waiting for their last train home)

We had no problems either day or night in any bars. We just stayed next to the hotel which happened to be next to a decent bar in the Varsity (which we texted a fair few people to join us at on the morning of the game - 4 pint pitchers for £7) and across the road was Dick De Vignes which was class on the friday (and the reason for us looking mashed when people turned up on saturday and saw 10 of us slumped with 4 pint pitchers looking dazed and confused) - absolutely woeful music wise on the saturday because the dj would go from cotton eye joe to a bit of jungle music the very next song. :lol: The twin barmaids at least cheered us up..............especially with the language barrier. :lol::lol:

As for the pubs en route to the ground. Most had home fans only signs on.

You've gotta love those Mockney accents. Nearly as bad as Butters Manc accent he seemed to be putting on all weekend.

Award for most pissed person of the weekend goes to

n515953873_972575_548.jpg

"here ya are mate. do you want a polo"

He could hardly stand up. But somehow managed to keep coming back with two drinks and giving someone one of them before offering everyone a polo every 5 minutes. Dunno what happened to Mark as he dissapeared into the club and never returned. God knows where he ended up sleeping. He, besides me and butter was the only one still out who was actually drinking. Most of the lightweights had opted for their bed or switched to h20 by that point. Tards.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

... we went into the Blue Boar - blagged our way past the medium sized bouncer on the door by showing my train ticket from Reading! :disguise:

With reference to the ernieflag site report, before you arrived at the Blue Boar, nine Latics fans had been in there for more than an hour, more than doubling the pub's clientelle. The Guinness was being drunk from proper glasses and everything was hunky-dory. Then, after being given the Police 'seal of approval', we couldn't believe it when we were all told to leave, not because of anything we had done, but simply because we were the lowest of the low, "away fans"! In these days when pubs are closing daily (and being firebombed in Southend), it defies logic for good customers to be turned away from a sparsely occupied pub.

Why is it that football supporters are treated as fifth-rate citizens, when they are travelling all over the country every week between August and the end of May, spending money to boost the nation's economy, rather than sitting at home being thrifty? Would theatre-goers be treated in this way? Would shoppers? If we are so unwanted, why not ban us from attending away matches altogether, and then watch the economy grind to a halt! 'Barstewards' is an inappropriate term in the circumstances of Saturday - Bastards the lot of 'em!

We ended up in The Nelson, the designated pub for both home and away fans, as described by jsslatic. The hospitality in our small bar could not be criticised, but it was preferable to stand than sit on the ripped upholstery. There was still a nasty taste left in the mouth though from the Blue Boar experience.

With reference to the ernieflag site report, before you arrived at the Blue Boar, nine Latics fans had been in there for more than an hour, more than doubling the pub's clientelle. The Guinness was being drunk from proper glasses and everything was hunky-dory. Then, after being given the Police 'seal of approval', we couldn't believe it when we were all told to leave, not because of anything we had done, but simply because we were the lowest of the low, "away fans"! In these days when pubs are closing daily (and being firebombed in Southend), it defies logic for good customers to be turned away from a sparsely occupied pub.

Why is it that football supporters are treated as fifth-rate citizens, when they are travelling all over the country every week between August and the end of May, spending money to boost the nation's economy, rather than sitting at home being thrifty? Would theatre-goers be treated in this way? Would shoppers? If we are so unwanted, why not ban us from attending away matches altogether, and then watch the economy grind to a halt! 'Barstewards' is an inappropriate term in the circumstances of Saturday - Bastards the lot of 'em!

We ended up in The Nelson, the designated pub for both home and away fans, as described by jsslatic. The hospitality in our small bar could not be criticised, but it was preferable to stand than sit on the ripped upholstery. There was still a nasty taste left in the mouth though from the Blue Boar experience.

lowest of low "away fans" THEY DONT LIKE US??? :unsure:

:blink:

Please tell me that is not the story diego.... so basically you were asked to leave the pub as you were away fans.... I was expecting Drama, romance, special effects, a comedy sub-plot, some posible slapstick, and an nice happy ending where everyone leaves satisfied (not the leeslover type)....

Instead I got Latics fans being asked to go to another pub... I feel robbed. :disappointed:

:wink:

You may well have been boring them to tears and when the police went they took the chance to kick you out, fair play.

Guest oa_exile
You may well have been boring them to tears and when the police went they took the chance to kick you out, fair play.

Funnily enough that's what I heard normally happens to you :sleeping:

On the positive side though, the service was extremely quick and I got a seat by the window :wink:

Oh and the Brunette barmaid in the Varsity. Man alive. :lol: She was pipped by the 25 army girls sat in the corner early doors after the game on saturday about 7ish... "I want that one!!"(pointing in that general direction and shouting the adopted 'little britain' phrase!

Award for most pissed person of the weekend goes to

n515953873_972575_548.jpg

"here ya are mate. do you want a polo"

He could hardly stand up. But somehow managed to keep coming back with two drinks and giving someone one of them before offering everyone a polo every 5 minutes. Dunno what happened to Mark as he dissapeared into the club and never returned. God knows where he ended up sleeping. He, besides me and butter was the only one still out who was actually drinking. Most of the lightweights had opted for their bed or switched to h20 by that point. Tards.

i've really gotta put this down on record here now.

everyone here proberbly started hitting the beverages around noon.

still being able to throw those beers down 12 hours later takes careful eating planing and not adopting a LL "get pissed quick asap" approach!

now me laddie mark here refuses to partake in alcoholic enjoyments until after 6pm at the very earliest!!!

cola all the time till then...he's a bloody lightweight!!! :grin: