Cut out the boos!

Just noticed in the rarely wrong Chron Crossley pleading for a stop to the booing, saying that fans can be like an extra man.

He said “Our away support is different class with the die-hards getting behind us. Most of the time our home crowd are good as well, but when times are tough and we are finding it difficult, that’s when we need them most. Teams are coming here and putting 10 men behind the ball, so it’s hard to break down and the players need support. That especially goes for the younger lads, but the likes of myself notice it as well – the more supportive the crowd are, the better chance we’ve got.”

Shez echoed Crossley’s thoughts, using the victory at Southend as an example, saying “We weren’t playing well, and if that game had been at home a lot of people would have got on the players’ backs. It’s only one or two and, don’t get me wrong, they are entitled to their opinion, but at the moment playing away is a lease of life".

If only local publicans loved the travelling supporters like Norm and Shez! :grin:

Shez said in his LW interview last night that he loves the fans and has a lot of time for those who travelled down to Northampton and Southend, but would rather the handful that shout abuse at home didn't bother coming.

Bang on the money.

Guest oa_exile
.......but would rather the handful that shout abuse at home didn't bother coming.

........and they wonder why fans dont bother turning up :(

Bang on the money.

More like losing money :(

........and they wonder why fans dont bother turning up :(

More like losing money :(

I can think of a lot more reasons why people don't turn up than Shez telling 'one or two per cent' of Latics fans to cut out the moaning or don't bother. I'd be shocked if people actually turn up and pay twenty quid to have a moan...but then again some people pay and sing 'DIE DIE RICKETTS', so my expectations of some of our 'faithful' are pretty low.

Aye, But it's Mr Personality so what do you expect ?

Yeah exactly Shez out!

Oh wait we're fourth and he's talking a bit of sense. While we're on this as well, the 'die die ricketts' brigade can get a little perspective or f*** off as well, disgraceful. Rocky Road End row S seat 97, you sir, are an idiot.

Shez said in his LW interview last night that he loves the fans and has a lot of time for those who travelled down to Northampton and Southend, but would rather the handful that shout abuse at home didn't bother coming.

Bang on the money.

I bet TTA don't agrre with that!............. still it could explain why only 3900 turned up last night, maybe they were just taking Shez's advice

I refer you to:

I can think of a lot more reasons why people don't turn up than Shez telling 'one or two per cent' of Latics fans to cut out the moaning or don't bother. I'd be shocked if people actually turn up and pay twenty quid to have a moan...but then again some people pay and sing 'DIE DIE RICKETTS', so my expectations of some of our 'faithful' are pretty low.