Snooooow

Yup.

Local school closed so forced to take a day off with OpinionsJr.

Hard life!

Traffic in Royton chaotic - neighbour said A627(M) is closed or blocked.

Would say 4 inches on the ground although weather looking a bit brighter and likely to improve.

Seems that it is localised to Middleton / Heywood / Oldham / Rochdale / Saddleworth from reading BBC website.

Yup.

Local school closed so forced to take a day off with OpinionsJr.

Hard life!

Traffic in Royton chaotic - neighbour said A627(M) is closed or blocked.

Would say 4 inches on the ground although weather looking a bit brighter and likely to improve.

Seems that it is localised to Middleton / Heywood / Oldham / Rochdale / Saddleworth from reading BBC website.

Live in Rochdale, work in Oldham......... time to work from home, I think! (Would help if I had any work at home, but hey....:grin:).

Can't get up the hill near my house, and there are loads of cars just abandoned at the side of the road - and when I called work, reports were that you couldn't get in / out of the car park.

Happy days!

Live in Rochdale, work in Oldham......... time to work from home, I think! (Would help if I had any work at home, but hey.... :grin: ).

Yup, me too. I work in Cleckheaton and it took about 10 minutes to get through the traffic news for the M62 so I promptly turned back, got home and put the kettle on. Woo!

It's quite amusing on Facebook. Everyone going on about it in their status updates, wetting themselves as if they've seen the second coming of Christ or something.

It's weather FFS. <_<

Lol. I know. I wonder why the gritters weren't in action first thing? Strange, don't anybody say they were snowed in!

It's quite amusing on Facebook. Everyone going on about it in their status updates, wetting themselves as if they've seen the second coming of Christ or something.

It's weather FFS. <_<

Bah humbug!

It`s exciting ... It`s December and its snowing. like said above somewhere weve not seen snow like this for years!

Bah humbug!

It`s exciting ... It`s December and its snowing. like said above somewhere weve not seen snow like this for years!

Short term memories. We had a white Christmas about 4 years ago.

I just told someone to get a life, it's not raining fecking tenners.

Guest sheridans_world

I was woken up at 7.10 to 'there's four inches of snow outside, if you want to make your 10am meeting then I'd go and clear it off the car.'

Took me five minutes to find a 'scraper-er', then marched outside with the 'snow shovel' cleared the drive behind the car and set off up the hill.

I got, maybe two hundred yards, to the first 'steep bit' and there was a queue of traffic, all stopped with a van sideways in the middle of the road about half-way up the 'first steep bit' hill.

Chuck a slow U-turn, head down the hill, gets to the mini-roundabout (about quarter of a mile away from the traffic lights), big queue of cars, turns right to avoid the queue.

Heads to kingsway, turns onto kingsway passing several stranded cars and a stranded lorry to the new link road, heads to the M62, J21, still passing abandoned cars. M62 was not too bad, never got over 35 mph. Comes off at J20, down the A627M, driving in snow all the way along it. Snow clears at broadway, fairly normal (maybe a bit lighter) rush-hour traffic from there to work.

If there had been any gritters out on any roads, they were not in Rochdale.

Journey summary:

17 Miles

1 Hour 45 Minutes

1 U-turn

10+ abandoned cars/lorries.

Max speed 38mph (on Broadway)

Meeting cancelled. :censored: