Snooooow

Wish I could join you. Not a flake of snow here... just bright sunshine!!!

Fancy a swap then?

It's all bleedin' ice today, which completely nukes the romantic nostalgia of snowy mornings notion of yesterday. On my 5 yard journey from my front door to my car I nearly went over on my arse twice.

Meh.

Fancy a swap then?

It's all bleedin' ice today, which completely nukes the romantic nostalgia of snowy mornings notion of yesterday. On my 5 yard journey from my front door to my car I nearly went over on my arse twice.

Meh.

I opted for the, "walk in the middle of the road," option this morning as attempting the pavement carried the near certainty of an hilarious yet agonising banana skin moment. Still not a hint of snow though. Biggest problem is that the yummy mummies are all wrapped up in 18 layers, completely destroys the point of me timing my journey for when the pavements are at maximum congestion for the school run.

I opted for the, "walk in the middle of the road," option this morning as attempting the pavement carried the near certainty of an hilarious yet agonising banana skin moment. Still not a hint of snow though. Biggest problem is that the yummy mummies are all wrapped up in 18 layers, completely destroys the point of me timing my journey for when the pavements are at maximum congestion for the school run.

Sorry but I'm afraid Tit Monday is well and truly passed this year now.

Fancy a swap then?

Meh.

I love it. Teetering city types heading for the train like dogs on lino, barely managing to use their Blackberry all the while across the road White Man Van, sniggers safe in the knowledge that he's warm in his Transit, with the radio on and an egg banjo in his hand, only recently purchased from the local breakfast bar.

Does that make you liable for the Congestion charge?

Not all all, it puts me on the high ground relative to those who get a lift off their wife. Of course as I live 3.9 miles from the House of Commons I would have to travel 2.9 miles North before I would be central enough for the London charge anyway.

Not wanting to cloud the issue, but as this thread is about snow, there's no chance of a game being played on Saturday where the snow is so deep it's nearly reaching the top of a skyscraper. :wink:

Ha haa

The pic was taken yesterday according to Sky news and put under their Snow Pics section, but I think it might be from Saturday when it was very foggy.

Well if BP is anything like Durham is at the mo the game won't be on. Although we've had probably less snow than Oldham its icy as anything out there and has been so all day and doesn't look like thawing until next week at the earliest. Not great when you need crutches to help you walk.

Guest oa_exile
nothing to report..

seemed to pass by here.

bit of rain if anything,slush everywhere.

it'll be gone soon.

game on!

So the game may now be called off due to a waterlogged pitch ? :blink:

So the game may now be called off due to a waterlogged pitch ? :blink:

i'm pretty sure theres a decent drainage system...can't remember the last waterlogged postponed game actually.

i think they'll be clearing any slush/snow/ice off tomorrow and checking things out....then getting the frost sheets on.

i'm confident!