Brighton game in doubt?

According to the rarely wrong but often scaremongering Chron says:

There are worries that Saturday’s home game against Brighton may become a casualty of the weather.

The Boundary Park pitch has been affected by this week’s penetrating frost -now trapped under snow.

Club officials have been checking regularly for weather updates and they say the forecast is for milder conditions by Thursday.

So should be OK for Saturday.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are worries that Saturday’s home game against Brighton may become a casualty of the weather.

The Boundary Park pitch has been affected by this week’s penetrating frost -now trapped under snow.

Club officials have been checking regularly for weather updates and they say the forecast is for milder conditions by Thursday.

The BBC reckon it will be a maximum 1 degree tomorrow and more snow on Thursday, I wouldn't be dead sure about it thawing out. Which reminds me...

Guest oa_exile

The BBC reckon it will be a maximum 1 degree tomorrow and more snow on Thursday, I wouldn't be dead sure about it thawing out. Which reminds me...

How very dare you question Diego_Kreskin_Sideburns, dont you know he is a world authority on weather B)

Had an SMS at Noon today from the club........they say that they aren't expecting any problems with the pitch for Saturday.

How very dare you question Diego_Kreskin_Sideburns, dont you know he is a world authority on weather B)

My reliable fir cone does not show any signs of weather warranting descriptions such as:

bone chilling;

teeth chattering cold;

chilly willy;

arctic blast; or

it's so cold, polar bears aren't even going outside.

Surely, the Club will have covered the vulnerable parts of the pitch to protect it from frost and the snow will insulate it.

Stand by for volunteers to be sought to clear the pitch before going to the Memorabilia Fair.

only thing is if the weather does take a turn that causes problems they will have to make a decision very early

The question is, will the Memorabilia Fair still go ahead? :unsure:

It would help me, because I can't get to it before 2:30pm, but if it was to go on longer instead of the game, I would be OK.

Guest oa_exile
The question is, will the Memorabilia Fair still go ahead? :unsure:

It would help me, because I can't get to it before 2:30pm, but if it was to go on longer instead of the game, I would be OK.

Since it's scheduled to finish at 14:30 you will arrive just in time for the literally last minute bargains as they are packing up :wink:

Guest oa_exile

My point was that there's no need to pack up if the game is off.

If the weather forecasters are correct, game on. If not....

:blink: Make yer mind up ! :wacko:

hope not brighton suffer double injury blow keeper Kuipers out with damaged hand also Matt Richards fullback twisted ankle.. Both happened in training yesterday according to reports down south they have no fullback to replace Richards..

I hope it IS postponed as I will be on my way to Spain for a week