I was reading The News Of The World earlier on today, and to my bemusement Sean Gregan (that big fat plodder who for some reason wears the captains arm-band) was given an 8 as his rating and was in the dream team of the day, I'm sure they watch a different game to the rest of us because he was absolutely shocking. Drop him before he actually make us lose a game, he cost us 2 points yesterday because of his lack lustre, cant be arsed approach he seriously needs his head clearing, maybe a boot to the face may have kicked some sense into him. :blink:

I was reading The News Of The World earlier on today, and to my bemusement Sean Gregan (that big fat plodder who for some reason wears the captains arm-band) was given an 8 as his rating and was in the dream team of the day, I'm sure they watch a different game to the rest of us because he was absolutely shocking. Drop him before he actually make us lose a game, he cost us 2 points yesterday because of his lack lustre, cant be arsed approach he seriously needs his head clearing, maybe a boot to the face may have kicked some sense into him. :blink:

im hoping this is a whoosh!!!

Nothing like a bit of abuse is there?

And nothing like reality either.

how did gregan cost us the points?

He didnt.

He did!

He got turned by the forward he was supposed to be marking and left for dead.

In the second half, he lost his player twice in a couple of minutes and had to be saved on both occasions by Hazell. And what was his response, he shouts at Crossley and Hazell. Team captain my arse!!!

Let's look logically at his overall contributions:

1) If the opposition has a big forward, then Gregan let's Hazell mark him and then shouts at him if he gets beaten.

2) Gregan only wins headers against a smaller forward because he can't jump and if he gets turned it's Hazell's fault for not covering.

3) He hasn't won a header in an attacking position for over a year.

4) he has no man-management skills.

If you think I am being harsh, then I was standing shoulder to shoulder with about 30 other Latics fans in the RRE who all had the same opinion that he did not deserve a starting slot.

He did!

In the second half, he lost his player twice in a couple of minutes and had to be saved on both occasions by Hazell. And what was his response, he shouts at Crossley and Hazell. Team captain my arse!!!

1) If the opposition has a big forward, then Gregan let's Hazell mark him and then shouts at him if he gets beaten.

2) Gregan only wins headers against a smaller forward because he can't jump and if he gets turned it's Hazell's fault for not covering.

If you think I am being harsh, then I was standing shoulder to shoulder with about 30 other Latics fans in the RRE who all had the same opinion that he did not deserve a starting slot.

If by leaving our slowest player 1 on 1 whilst we break is 'intelligent football' then he got what he deserved. How can we leave Greags 1-1 with their centre forward - of course he'll be turned for pace - apart from that, i thought he won everything and looked more positive and stronger mentally than in recent weeks.

:shock: For real? The Davros play-off team might have had a couple of people comparable in aerial strength to Gregan, no others since or for a long time before.

If by leaving our slowest player 1 on 1 whilst we break is 'intelligent football' then he got what he deserved. How can we leave Greags 1-1 with their centre forward - of course he'll be turned for pace - apart from that, i thought he won everything and looked more positive and stronger mentally than in recent weeks.

It is every game. The man is costing us points. Hazell was getting extremely 'p---ed off' with the mistakes in the second half from his captain.

He did!

Thank you.

It is every game. The man is costing us points. Hazell was getting extremely 'p---ed off' with the mistakes in the second half from his captain.

And again :lol:

Pleasure is all mine, I can assure you.

gregan gone done for pace for the goal, i will give you that but stam would not have caught him either, rubes maybe could have

but what gets on my nerves is the fact he is a better all round player than rubes and stam.

gregan was getting grief because his headers where not going far enough, stam comes on looses his first header against forster and people aroung me are shouting well in stammy.....he lost the fookin header for gods sake.

its the same story with eardley and lomax, greegs has had poor games this season, yesterday was not one of them

the same people spouting this crap are the same ones who think trotman will/would have played for england one day :laught30:

but what gets on my nerves is the fact he is a better all round player than rubes and stam.

its the same story with eardley and lomax, greegs has had poor games this season, yesterday was not one of them

Our best, most consistent central defender at the club at the moment is Hazell by some considerabke margin.

What was your view when Gregan was skinned on the touchline and then a minute later gave the ball away cheaply only to be rescued on both occasions by Hazell?

What was your view when Gregan was skinned on the touchline and then a minute later gave the ball away cheaply only to be rescued on both occasions by Hazell?

If Mr.Can't do no wrong wasn't too far upfield and out of position by a good 3/4 yards when they scored then he might have been in a position to rescue Gregan.

Our best, most consistent central defender at the club at the moment is Hazell by some considerabke margin.

my view is that gregan got skinned by forster, its the same view i get every time hazell gives the ball away with useless punts that hardly ever finds a man but he escapes the boo boys for some reason. (which is a good thing)

oh and taylor did there full back all day and i bet brighton are not asking for his head.

these players are at this level because sometimes they get skinned.

hazell is more consistent at the moment but gregan is an ALLROUND better player fact.

and for there goal both hazell and greegs where to far up field, hazell 5 yards further, bad positioning and its was rubes man who scored.

What the hell has history got to do with it? It's the here and now that is important!!!

Using your argument, Graeme Sharp was our best forward when he was with us!!!

he probably was lol , he was better than olny, ritchie was to old and injury prone at that point and and palmer played right mid most of the time......and i think he finished top scorer.

who do you think it was?........do we need to start a new thread for that

but if we are not working of history then lidds must be our top scorer 1 game one goal.

he probably was lol , he was better than olny, ritchie was to old and injury prone at that point and and palmer played right mid most of the time......and i think he finished top scorer.

who do you think it was?........do we need to start a new thread for that

but if we are not working of history then lidds must be our top scorer 1 game one goal.

On a previous post, I stated that based on last season stats, the best defensive partnership goals against/games played was Trotman/Stam followed by Hazell/Stam. Are these simply stats to be ignored or are they facts to be considered?

On a previous post, I stated that based on last season stats, the best defensive partnership goals against/games played was Trotman/Stam followed by Hazell/Stam. Are these simply stats to be ignored or are they facts to be considered?

not at all but wasnt gregan injured for most of last season, and i think you will have to agree with me if he was fit then he would have played.

trotman would most likley not have started any games.

stam and hazell would have been his partner and swapped with each other as the season went on.

because the managment see him gregan as a better all round player OPINION.

not at all but wasnt gregan injured for most of last season, and i think you will have to agree with me if he was fit then he would have played.

trotman would most likley not have started any games.

stam and hazell would have been his partner and swapped with each other as the season went on.

because the managment see him gregan as a better all round player OPINION.

One point that is FACT is that the management decision is the only one that counts. We all have opinions but we don't have to agree with the decisions of the management. In a lot of cases, I have backed Sheriden. But on this one I most certainly don't. Quite simply, Gregan is a shadow of the player we signed and way off the standard he set at the start of the season.