Danny Whit

I was critical when we signed this guy, I mean strolling around League 2 With Macc and the odd season at this level in a very poor and eventually relegated Port Vale team. First few games I was beggining to think maybe this guy is the man to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and create something. Well, now the going has got a little tough, he's been nowhere to be seen, been virtually non- existent.

Time for a rest me thinks.

NO! NO HE ISNT! AT ALL!

this man needs replacing in January with someone who has got the balls to demand the ball and try and make things happen. Its all very well having Allott in the middle playing the safe sideways passes but when he is paired with Whits they just offer no attacking threat and Allott has to do the defensive work of 2 men because he doesnt defend!

To all those who voted Whits better than Wellens :shock: why???

NO! NO HE ISNT! AT ALL!

this man needs replacing in January with someone who has got the balls to demand the ball and try and make things happen. Its all very well having Allott in the middle playing the safe sideways passes but when he is paired with Whits they just offer no attacking threat and Allott has to do the defensive work of 2 men because he doesnt defend!

Because they are in a very fickle, clueless majority of football fans! The only thing they'll be missing is a red AIG shirt and a remote control in their hands!

Because they are in a very fickle, clueless majority of football fans! The only thing they'll be missing is a red AIG shirt and a remote control in their hands!

Hang on Whitaker has missed a couple of games through injury maybe hes not fully fit, but shez has picked him to play over maher in which case its his responsibility for calling it wrong.

Its all too easy to jump down players throats but hes a hell of a lot better player than Gary McDonald who we had for most of last season in central midfield. Forget Wellens he didn't want to be here we offered him a good contract but weve got to be responsible not bowing down to greedy mercenary's

P.S Gary melia you should know better :-p

Hang on Whitaker has missed a couple of games through injury maybe hes not fully fit, but shez has picked him to play over maher in which case its his responsibility for calling it wrong.

Its all too easy to jump down players throats but hes a hell of a lot better player than Gary McDonald who we had for most of last season in central midfield. Forget Wellens he didn't want to be here we offered him a good contract but weve got to be responsible not bowing down to greedy mercenary's

P.S Gary melia you should know better :-p

It's not jumping down a players throat, it is merely answering a question regarding whether we believe or not that one of our underperforming midfielders is good enough or not.

As for Wellens - you could not fault him, as now he is playing at a level suitable to his ability and earning more money for the privelage - no harm in that is there?

a lot better than Gary Mac?? :blink:

It's not jumping down a players throat, it is merely answering a question regarding whether we believe or not that one of our underperforming midfielders is good enough or not.

As for Wellens - you could not fault him, as now he is playing at a level suitable to his ability and earning more money for the privelage - no harm in that is there?

a lot better than Gary Mac?? :blink:

When we have a poor result such as drawing at home to a team we all accept we should beat it always seems there a fall guy as opposed to accepting collectively as a team we just didn't perform. If we had beat orient yesterday there no way a debate on Whitaker being good enough would of emerged.

Gay mac was notable for equalising away at Scunthorpe and obviously the goal against Everton in the cup. Apart from that everyone seemed to be on his back for being virtually anonymous most times he played last season.

Wellens is old ground but im pretty confident he will be playing League 1 football next season. I did note he played a good ball through to heffernan yday tho against wolves

When we have a poor result such as drawing at home to a team we all accept we should beat it always seems there a fall guy as opposed to accepting collectively as a team we just didn't perform. If we had beat orient yesterday there no way a debate on Whitaker being good enough would of emerged.

Gay mac was notable for equalising away at Scunthorpe and obviously the goal against Everton in the cup. Apart from that everyone seemed to be on his back for being virtually anonymous most times he played last season.

Wellens is old ground but im pretty confident he will be playing League 1 football next season. I did note he played a good ball through to heffernan yday tho against wolves

He's got the ability to do that as we know! Whitaker is not a fall guy, as the majority of the team were not at their best - but if you are suggesting that you would prefer him in our midfield than wellens then...............

He's got the ability to do that as we know! Whitaker is not a fall guy, as the majority of the team were not at their best - but if you are suggesting that you would prefer him in our midfield than wellens then...............

I remember Wellens having plenty of off days too. Two shocking performances against his former club Blackpool in the play offs too, you would think he would of been fired up for that?

I remember Wellens having plenty of off days too. Two shocking performances against his former club Blackpool in the play offs too, you would think he would of been fired up for that?

Off days or not. He's still a different class when compared to Whittaker.

We need an attacking midfielder. Simple as really.

I think that WAS the problem - he seemed to be over hyped and it took his mind off the job at hand, saying that i didn't think he was that bad.

Of course he had off days though, every player does - it's not about off days though, it's about the ability to grab hold of games by the scruff and make things happen and i don't believe on this seasons showing that this guy is good enough to do that.

I think that WAS the problem - he seemed to be over hyped and it took his mind off the job at hand, saying that i didn't think he was that bad.

Of course he had off days though, every player does - it's not about off days though, it's about the ability to grab hold of games by the scruff and make things happen and i don't believe on this seasons showing that this guy is good enough to do that.

I thought Rocastle was really good in those games which may sound ludicrous but i honestly thought we might of built the team around him last season but maybe im insane for thinking that. Probably.

Fair enough i respect your views on Whitaker, but we did get him on a free and with our budget i don't know who we could afford/attract at this level whos better.

Incidentally Maher i do rate, and people are definitely right to say he should play more

I thought Rocastle was really good in those games which may sound ludicrous but i honestly thought we might of built the team around him last season but maybe im insane for thinking that. Probably.

Fair enough i respect your views on Whitaker, but we did get him on a free and with our budget i don't know who we could afford/attract at this level whos better.

Incidentally Maher i do rate, and people are definitely right to say he should play more

We were just making progress then as well........

Back to square 1!! :wink:

In answer to the original question, yes I think he is good enough. He has had some brilliant games and made some killer passes - I remember a poll asking if he was better than Kilkenny or Wellens, so he has played very well in some games.

However, there are certain games where he just can't seem to make an impact, with yesterday being one of those games. The fact that nothing was done to change this yesterday, is the fault of the management. Why did they not see that we were losing out in midfield before the eqauliser? We need a decent tackler in midfield, surely Maher should have been put on the win a few tackles.

Off days or not. He's still a different class when compared to Whittaker.

We need an attacking midfielder. Simple as really.

I stated on another thread that against these sides that are going to play 2 sets of 4 another midfielder might be the solution

As for Whitaker, I noticed it yesterday and I noticed it yesterday that he will back out of tackles too easily and play sideways too much, he needs to be dropped IMO

NO! NO HE ISNT! AT ALL!

=D

At the start of the season, Whitaker gave us more going forwards than McDonald ever did. His link up play with Alessandra was excellent and he was knocking in a decent number of goals. We were winning games that last season we were drawing and losing because of it.

Alessandra was left out and that dried up. Replacements weren't holding the ball up as well, so Whitaker was forced to defend more. As a result we looked more laboured in the middle and started drawing/losing the games we had been winning.

If we're not playing Alessandra, then we shouldn't play Whitaker either.

If we're short of leaders on the pitch, then the obvious solution to me is Kevin Maher. Whether LA is playing or not.