Windy to join 92 Club?

Windy only needs to play at Hereford and Accrington to complete all 92 clubs. No doubt one of the factors which made him choose to move to BP.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1519383,00.html

What's the betting on a pre-season friendly at Accrington?

And whats the betting we play Hull for his testimonial

It would be interesting to know if any player has ever played at all 92 grounds. Perhaps some of the Wimbledon players who were with the club through all the divisions. Even then injuries/suspensions must have meant missing some. The OS says it will be "unique achievement" but I don't know if that's accurate or journalistic licence.

Over to the statisticians...........or the rarely wrong Chron.

Any players even done this?

You'd think it would be harder since promotion and relegation from/to Division 4 kicked in (as Accrington seems to show).

You'd think someone would have managed it before then.

NB. If you were guessing then you'd go with a keeper like Beasant who went up the leagues with Wimbledon.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

You'd think it would be harder since promotion and relegation from/to Division 4 kicked in (as Accrington seems to show).

You'd think someone would have managed it before then.

NB. If you were guessing then you'd go with a keeper like Beasant who went up the leagues with Wimbledon.

When did that kick in?

I honestly can't think of any that could have done it in the last 20 years from my limited knowledge

A flaw I'm sure you'd take great pleasure in...by pre-season we'd probably have to throw in a friendly at Burton too to get him up to 92 :wink:

I only deal in facts.....we don't mention the p-word around here until the fat lady has started singing! :grin:

P.S. I'm woking on the pub crawl already! B)

Any players even done this?

Someone asked the question in the Guardian a few years back and fans wrote in. Don't know how accurate it is though!!

"Judging by the response from our readers, quite a few players have notched up the full set, among them current Weymouth gaffer Steve Claridge, Trevor Hockey of Birmingham City and Sheffield United, and former Shrewsbury Town player-manager Alan Durban. Interestingly, Shrews fan and self-confessed pedant Andrew Wilson points out that Durban (and presumably everyone else) failed to play on one League ground in England: "To whit Scottish League side Berwick Rangers, whose ground is south of the border."

Joining Andrew in Pedant's Corner is Dave Cohen, who correctly points out that although there are 92 League clubs, they are not the same every season. Dave believes that the record for League-grounds-played-on is held by Rochdale assistant manager Tony Ford, who notched up over 1,000 senior appearances as a player. "As far as I recall he played at 100 grounds and the only possibilities he missed out on were White Hart Lane, Adams Park and Boothfield Road," he says. "

As far as I recall he played at 100 grounds and the only possibilities he missed out on were White Hart Lane, Adams Park and Boothfield Road," he says. "

Could be setting myself up to be embarrassed here. But who plays at Boothfield Road? Didn't recognise it off the top of my head and google is of no help...

Could be setting myself up to be embarrassed here. But who plays at Boothfield Road? Didn't recognise it off the top of my head and google is of no help...

Are you perhaps getting a bit confused between Boothfery Park (think thats how its spelt) where Hull used to play, Bootham Crescent, now Kit Kat Crescent where York used/do play and that sorry excuse for a stadium that houses a load of people who like to do wrong to Donkey's?

Are you perhaps getting a bit confused between Boothfery Park (think thats how its spelt) where Hull used to play, Bootham Crescent, now Kit Kat Crescent where York used/do play and that sorry excuse for a stadium that houses a load of people who like to do wrong to Donkey's?

I thought it would probably be some amalgamation. I'm not getting confused...it's the Guardian!