Anyone think we can still get 2nd spot

If those delightful chaps in Milton Keynes pick up points at the same rate as they have until the end of the season, we need to make up around 8 points on them, or nearly half a point a game. To look at it another way we need to perform better by 0.177 points per game compared to our average so far this season. So from 18 games we need to turn 2 draws into wins and 2 losses into draws and do it with decent goal difference. Hardly impossible, three wins on the trot at some stage and we’ll all be starting to build up futile hopes to be dashed once again on the cruel shores of footballing failure.

And yes, I am bored.

if we manage to scrape the play offs i think MK could drop out completely with leeds getting in. Like i said millwall are the team for 2nd or the most dangerous threat to it

I'd like to belive it but its not going to happen we just can't put a run of wins together.

Don't get me wrong we have a decent side but really is anyonelse thinking above the play offs.

We dont have a good enough central midfield. We are so close to having a good team, but it just isnt quite good enough. Its a shame that the centre of the park is letting us down as you would think that is an area that Shez would know well.

I like Shez but he seems reluctant to play anything other than 442 this season and he is (as he always has been) reluctant to change a team when he has won a match. Also is substitutions are always like for like.

More tinkering please Shez and bring in a Central Midfielder before feb 2!

We are only 3 points off 2nd, but I just dont think we are good enough in the centre of the park in comparison to the sides around us and I think teams have spotted this weakness, I personally think if we were a good enough side we would have 9 more points than what we have now.

i think there is a lot of quality in league 1 this season and that we dont have good enough players in the centre of midfield. however if we dont lose lee hughes and or chris taylor this month, or we can find replacements for them, and we can find a player who wants the ball and has the confidence to move forward with it rather than sideward then we have chance. we would also need to get more consistency.. otherwise i think a play off position is something we should be happy with and to be honest that is what I hoped for at the start of this season.

We most definitely can - we still have to play Millwall (a), Leeds (h), MK Dons (a) and Peterborough (h). If (big IF :grin: ) we win those and at least keep pace with them in our other games we'll be there or thereabouts.

I suspect the crunch game will be at MK Dons. Lose that and we can probably forget 2nd.

I'd like to belive it but its not going to happen we just can't put a run of wins together.

Don't get me wrong we have a decent side but really is anyonelse thinking above the play offs.

No, I don't think so. We are not consistent enough.

No we're not because we are too inconsisitent which comes down to the fact the some of our players aren't good enough, paticularly the midfield where I do include Taylor.

We also won't get promoted because of Sheridan's lack of ability as a tactician and with spotting a talented player (such bad signings like Dabo, Thompson, Kalala, O'Grady). There are too many untouchables in our team currently also which is seen by Sheridan's subs which are ineffective and continuously the same (Maher/Whitiker being the main obvious one) and this makes us an even more predictable team. If we don't go up this season (which we won't) Sheridan has to go and we need to get a manager with more intelligence and who realises how to win a modern football match.

Assuming all the teams in and around the top keep hold of all their best players, Leicester will win the league with MK Dons finishing 2nd and the playoff winners will be either Perterboro or Huddersfield.

Forest were just as inconsistent last season.

Somebody said to me the other day that after 39 games Forest were 11 points off second spot, yet they went up with a couple to spare!

Doesn't mean we can do that, but then it doesn't mean we can't.

As a washed up pish 'ed sat next to an mildly irritating gurning Jock used to say "Football is a funny old game Saint"